Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why is everyone so concerned about counterfit dinar?

rulesforrebels

I was just curious why everyone is so concerned about counterfit Dinar?

Obviously one should always research who they buy from and check security features upon receiving it just to verifty but if I remember correctly I heard Dinar is in like the top 3 most secure currencies in the world. It's also one of the weaker currencies in the world as well. It just doesn't seem like it's a wise decision to pick one of the hardest ones to counterfit which is going to ggive you one of the smallest returns. Wouldn't people be more likely to copy some wierd currency like Peruvian money or something like only 2:1 against the dollar and no security features.

It just doesn't make sense that this would be a popular activity so confused as to why everyone is so vigilant about where they buy their dinars?

The only thing I can think of is high up corruption in the government where people are actually using the governments printing presses that make real ones to make fake ones otherwise it just doesn't seem to make sense people would make fake dinar.

Any thoughts?

• Upvote 2

I'm not really concerned with whether they are counterfeit. I'm more concerned about smuggled or non registered currency that might later cause possible problems on cash in.

I would guess money is money and no banks will care but you never know.

I was just curious you hear a lot of people really worried and personally I wouldn't think it would be that much of a problem as it just doesn't seem like a wise business decision for someone to do when there are easier currencies to copy that are worth 1000x more than the dinar.

Probably a newbie question here but when you say smuggled or non registered currency what do you mean? If a cashin time happens is there some master list where your notes serial numbers have to be on it in order to be able to cash them in or something like that?

if and when it revalues, it will be an international currency, just like the Euro, British Pound ect....it will be currency....people are taking this way too far...I have never bought from a dinar dealer,got the dinar thru different sources, some from relatives who were in Iraq, E Bay and TD Bank...TD Bank told me before they stopped selling, to bring in all of my dinar and they would exchange it . Now people are talking about serial numbers, notorized papers.....IMO, when it becomes a reconized currency, it will be exchanged just like any other currency

Edited by Hamels
  • Upvote 1

I think what we hear out of iraq is an interpitation problem,,,the money outside of iraq is thought to be counterfeit,,,all of it !!!! That is their delemma,,,having to establish,all,,,the dinar outside iraq as,,, bogus....Without calling the dinars being, held by other countries as no good ??????????????????

Probably a newbie question here but when you say smuggled or non registered currency what do you mean? If a cashin time happens is there some master list where your notes serial numbers have to be on it in order to be able to cash them in or something like that?

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/94672-why-is-everyone-so-concerned-about-counterfit-dinar/#ixzz1gG4oyc3p

It's possible that the serial numbers are on a list with the Treasury. All the notes that are set aside for foreign investment. So they have some form of control over how much is out of Iraq.

With computers you never know.

I don't think their is any truth to it though.

I just bought some more off ebay for hundreds less than the dealers. Probably the same place the dealers get them. :P

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/94672-why-is-everyone-so-concerned-about-counterfit-dinar/#ixzz1gG4oyc3p

It's possible that the serial numbers are on a list with the Treasury. All the notes that are set aside for foreign investment. So they have some form of control over how much is out of Iraq.

With computers you never know.

I don't think their is any truth to it though.

I just bought some more off ebay for hundreds less than the dealers. Probably the same place the dealers get them. :P

link doesnt seem to be working can you repost