Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Home Stretch for Chapter 7!!

What a big news day, Wednesday! Over the past few days, it seems that half of all articles, from all of the Iraqi news agencies, have been about literally every Iraqi leader, the U.N., Biden, ALL talking about Chapter 7.

With Kobler visiting Kuwait, and Maliki scheduled to go there BEFORE going to the U.S., I'm thinking this is a done deal, and that by the time Maliki gets there, HE will be dictating to THEM just exactly how and when it's going to happen. Kuwait's only choice will be to make nicey-nice and smile when the announcement is made. We may see a some monetary payment made to help them save face, as they're having political problems of their own now.

In particular, the focus of the Biden interviews have been on this subject. I believe it's a done deal, and that regarding the sanctions, their only plans are about how they will make Obama look good (I don't care either way...) when they announce it in Washington Dec. 12th-13th. HCL may have been completed by this time also.

There is NO WAY that the U.S., especially after this build up in the world press, would allow them to be denied this release as the troops are being withdrawn - NO WAY would they even CHANCE the harm that would come to the remaining (exiting) troops and those still at the embassy. The blowback from a continuation of Chapter 7 is something that our diplomatic relations would NEVER recover from, wasting all that we've sacrificed and invested.

[As an aside, if the U.S. administration has been smart, they will have negotiated something out of this, and my belief is that it will be in the timing of the RV. If it were to happen, say, two full weeks before the end of this year, there would be "significant" impact on tax revenues in early 2012, and therefore affect the election process.]

P.S. Just one more thing- check with an expert, but in the U.S., you may be paying your taxes quaterly if you suddenly show large increases in taxable income via FINCen forms.

Well, that's my opinion on what's up and what's goin' down. Solving the ministries, Article 140 would only further confirm an imminent RV. If you're familiar with the game of golf, when having a casual game with friends and on the putting green, if you just miss a long putt and the ball ends up just inches from the hole, it's a "gimme" (meaning that there's no need to actually knock it in, you just pick up the ball and take the stroke - your friends believe that there's NO WAY you'd miss from that close!).

• Upvote 12

Thanks for your opinion. Remember, if we get an RV in Dec. and have enough of a window to cash in, then may be much better for tax to hold out until Jan. to cash in IMO.

If in December, I plan to cash just enough to have a great Christmas, without blowing my tax bracket. Maybe make a quick charitable donation or two, but those would be in dinars, NOT taxed income.

• Upvote 1