Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

“The Vietnamese dong is truly an awful currency”

Rowdy01

Below is article is from a financial advisor and currency investor working for AGORA Financials.

AGORA FINANCIALS

5 Min. Forecast

The Vietnamese dong is truly an awful currency,” says Chris Mayer, now back from his investment-scouting trip to Southeast Asia. “The Vietnamese inflation rate is officially 20%.”

“This is why the Vietnamese buy more gold per capita than anyone else in the world. They even pay 9-11% premiums over the world gold price to get it. They want to get out of the dong, the value of which rots like Mekong catfish left in the sun.”

20,000 Dong

Looks impressive, but not even worth $1

“It takes about 21,000 dong to get one dollar. In 2008, it was about 16,000. So it’s falling off a cliff against a currency that is not exactly a pillar of strength. This makes it tough for foreign investors in Vietnam. You need to overcome this depreciation before you make any real money!”

“In Cambodia, the coin of the realm is the riel. ‘It’s not a serious currency,’ my contact told me. It takes about 4,000 riels to buy a dollar. But it seems people use riel only for transactions less than a dollar. Otherwise, they use U.S. dollars.”

“The Thai baht is the most stable of all these Asian currencies. On my way home, I went through Bangkok again. I forgot to change all my dong before I left Vietnam. So I went to the money-changers in Bangkok to convert my dong to dollars. The Thai money-changers would have nothing to do with the dong. It made me think well of the Thais.”

LINK:

http://5minforecast.agorafinancial.com/ignore-the-noise-opportunity-here

• Upvote 1

THE DONG WILL INCREASE IN VALUE AS SOON AS THE DINAR DOES. IT'S PART OF THE GLOBAL EVENT ABOUT TO UNFOLD! I'M ORDERING MY DONG ON WEDNESDAYcool.gif

heyyyyyy don`t kick a dead horse yet :lol: it did gain a little value in the 20,000 from 21,000 gotta have a little faith in something these days while we watch { as the dinar turns} hahahahahaha come on world currencies revalue

+1

HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD! cool.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I think of it as another relatively cheap to get into currency investment and if I am in it for a long time (dinar=8 yrs) and I get my money back or a little more I will be happy. Not super happy but content :) I do expect more from the dinar but I am hoping that someday my vnd will be worth at least .05....or I would be happy with a penny!

• Upvote 2