Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's "Body for Life" Success Journal

Adam Montana

yesterday was Upper Body - I had a great workout. I love upper Body workouts!

Today was a reallly really reeeeeeeeeally slow run - 1.85 miles in 24:28. I am super paranoid about screwing up my shins agani, just when it's running season... so I took it easy. My last two runs were realistically much too long for my present/recent running history.

Tomorrow - Lower Body! (ugh.) Then tomorrow night I'll take the kid skiing for some extra credit, and maybe get a swim in on Saturday for Day 26.

Day 27 is my free day, and Day 28 starts next Monday on Upper Body. See you in this thread then!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great upper body workout yesterday, between calls - it was TOUGH to squeeze it in!

Today is cardio, I'm lacing up the new Asics and hitting the streets with my iphone strapped to my arm. Hopefully runkeeper does a better job of staying connected to GPS this time - last time I ran, I cut across a school and apparently I was going so fast I lost the GPS signal! When I got to the last block, I pulled my phone off to check my time... darn thing wasn't even going. "No GPS". Then it found GPS, resumed, and congratulated me on running .17 miles in 19:32 :lol:

Dang technology! ;)

runkeeper did a GREAT job of staying connected - both times!

I put on my running shoes and was stretching when I felt a little stretching in my shins... I have a HUGE fear of shinsplints after begin taken out of the running game against my will for a few months last year. So, rather than take the risk... I hopped in the truck and went to "test ride" a Cannondale Synapse I've had my eye on for quite some time...

I'll be the first to admit I abused the "test ride" slightly.

I'm pretty sure most test rides include a cruise around the parking lot to work the shifters, and maybe a nice jaunt up the street a few blocks. I strapped on my iphone, started up runkeeper, and proceeded to "test ride" the bike for a good 22 minute 5.5 mile ride :lol:.

Huffing and sweating slightly, I pulled back into the store, where the clerk/bike sales guy gave me a single raised eyebrow and says "that was some test ride."

I shrugged and asked if he had anything nicer. :lol: (Truth is I'm in love with the bike, I'm 98% sure I'll go buy it today after reading a few more reviews. :D)

Well, I got home and the kid wanted to go to a neighbor's house for a play date... I still felt pretty good, and my legs were definitely loosened up... So she rode her bike, and I ran another 19 minutes.

Overall, it was the best cardio day I've had in a LONG time and I need extra coffee today as a result! :lol:

For those of you that don't give a crap about my health thread, rest assured I have an article in the works and it should be done by noon. Have a good day, everyone! I'm off to write, hit some weights for day 30 of 84!

Then I have a CRAZY afternoon full of meetings that will probably take me out past dinnertime... the GREAT news is things are moving along for the POST RV group.

Edited by Adam Montana

HATED yesterday - horrible run that ended up 4 minutes slower than my usual time last summer.... of course, it's not summer and I was a bit under-nourished. Good diet means a lot!

I'm hopping on the bike today and I think I'll shoot for anything over 10 miles. That will get the blood flowing!

not every day can be a great run day!!! I run alot and I want to train for a marathon this fall (it would be helpful if the Dinar RV'd I would have so much more time :) Just when I think I CAN DO THIS... I have a terrible running day and I feel like a beginner.... I guess just hang in there !!!! Good luck on your progress..Good health is everything!!!

What you say is very true Tracey. The reason they don't get fat though when they DON"T eat bread, is partially because our flour is processed, but even if we say we are eating the "healthy" whole grains that our FDA tells us is healthy, we get fat, and unhealthy. WHY? Because wheat, and most other grains, like even corn when stored in grain silos form and grow certain kinds of mold on them. These molds produce mycotoxins, that are extremely toxic to humans and animals alike. The mold attacks our bodies, and grows inside us forming it's own little network, that eventually will make us fat, and will also wreak other havoc in our bodies like diabetes and cancers. What happens to a cow when we feed it corn? It gets huge! because corn is fattening???? no, but because corn has a mycotoxin, that bloats the cow up, and causes him to put on weight.Among the high in these toxins, are most grains, and nuts, and even many fruits like apples. Research is just starting to break into this field of study, and it is very interesting to say the least. Try looking at the site www.knowthecause.com. It will give you more info on this theory. I do agree with you 100% about our diets though.

Adam, I just started P90X, and it is a killer, but very good program. I was a body for lifer during most of my 30's, and was in the best shape. It is an excellent program! Their eas bars, and drinks are high quality. And I know you must be in great shape! Keep up the clean eating.Good for you!

600+ calories, gooooood bye :)

First leg was dropping off a movie and then to the Bike Shop to get a helmet - 35 minutes, 7.9 miles. Tried riding a wheelie and embarrassed myself in front of some elderly ladies at the grocery store... and got a bloody knee too. :P

Second leg was 32 minutes, 7.6 miles - and i hit a new high top speed of almost 35 MPH. :D

Now I need a shower, a good dinner, and a nice RV to top the week off!

Adam your journal has inspired me and I bought the book, Body for Life for Women. Just finished my first week and starting to feel mentally stronger. I have MS, so the physical parts are challenging, but doing what I can.

Adam your journal has inspired me and I bought the book, Body for Life for Women. Just finished my first week and starting to feel mentally stronger. I have MS, so the physical parts are challenging, but doing what I can.

YES!!!!!

bcmaz, thank you for posting that - that is EXACTLY why I decided to put it on here like this. I actualy keep two journals now, one here and my regular journal... and all the extra work just paid off, thanks to you!

Did you get a Success Journal? Here's a link to some on Amazon, no need to pay full price. (The journal really does help!)

• 2 weeks later...

well, here's the latest.

I have kept up every single workout I was supposed to, but I haven't had a chance to update this thread due to all of the madness and excitement going on in VIP.

I'm closing this thread... I hope some of you got some good motivation out of it, I am still keeping my commitment to the plan (I'm doing GREAT btw!), but I simply don't have time to work out, update my personal journal, update this journal, etc.