Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Congress cuts aid to seniors

trooper

get rid of all the career politicians with their rich snobby a$$es out of these f#####g offices, how can you do that to our senior who brought forth this country...!!!!!?????????? i say lets have a rally to try and get them out when this thing RRRVVV's...

• Upvote 4

US congress cuts aid to seniors but maintians Israel aid

Seniors who spent their whole life working for US are dumped but Israel is more important to US congress.

http://islamist.com/...-to-seniors.cfm

The two are not in the same category. I want to help Israel, but I'm also a senior who could use help. But perhaps the RV will solve my problem while congress can make sure Israel can protect itself and/or help Israel in case it is attacked. And I bet if we looked carefully, we could still find quite a bit of loose change being sent to countries that are unfriendly toward America, and we could eliminate those to help us keep helping our friend, Israel.

get rid of all the career politicians with their rich snobby a$$es out of these f#####g offices, how can you do that to our senior who brought forth this country...!!!!!?????????? i say lets have a rally to try and get them out when this thing RRRVVV's...

Not to mention how bad they treat the widows of the men who fought for our country. So sad!!!

• Upvote 1

US congress cuts aid to seniors but maintians Israel aid

Seniors who spent their whole life working for US are dumped but Israel is more important to US congress.

http://islamist.com/p362154-us-congress-cuts-aid-to-seniors.cfm

A few points to ponder....

The article is from July 23, referencing discussion from July 21.

It is now July 29, and nothing has been decided.

The source is a little Biased.

Other than those little problems, the article was well written, a step above the garden variety Okie drivel, but just as believable.

• Upvote 1

But look at his source. It is www.Islamist.com Of course they are complaining that congress cut aid to a number of Mid East countries, while keeping intact our help to Israel. I applaud congress for stopping aid to those countries, although I still want us to help Israel. This article is making this particular comparison just to rattle your chains. They are hoping you won't notice that they are the ones saying this.

Senior citizens are the among the biggest demographic left as a while that truly understand where this country is heading.

I'de like to see a digital artist compose a picture of our founding fathers weeping with their heads bowed over an american flag lying on the ground. I know that's what I feel like doing every time I watch cspan.

RIP republic, here is your democratic oligarchy you asked for america, enjoy.

Congress Must Prevent Harmful Cuts to Social Security and Medicare

Slashing benefits would reverse decades of progress

by: Government Affairs & Campaigns | from: AARP | Updated: July 12, 2011

Enlarge

Print

Comments (1795)

Email1x25_gradient_gray

Recommend (433)

Right now, President Obama and Congress are considering a deal to pay the nation's bills that could cut the Social Security and Medicare benefits seniors have earned through a lifetime of hard work.

Join us in the fight to keep Medicare and Social Security strong.

Related

AARP urges Senate to pass the Budget Control Act of 2011. Read

What Gang of 6 plan would mean for Social Security, Medicare. Read

Is your COLA at risk? Read

Try the Social Security Benefits Calculator. Do

Can you balance the federal budget? Do

One proposal would cut the Social Security cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) — a change that would cost seniors thousands of dollars over their lifetimes.

According to the president's fiscal commission, changing the way the COLA is calculated would cut benefits by $112 billion over 10 years. Because the cut would compound every year, it would be felt the most by the oldest and sickest seniors when they've gone through much of their retirement savings.

The President and Congress are considering cuts to Medicare benefits, which would shift thousands of dollars in additional health care costs onto seniors. Proposals could include raising co-pays on things like home health care and raising premiums and cost-sharing for some beneficiaries.

But look at his source. It is www.Islamist.com Of course they are complaining that congress cut aid to a number of Mid East countries, while keeping intact our help to Israel. I applaud congress for stopping aid to those countries, although I still want us to help Israel. This article is making this particular comparison just to rattle your chains. They are hoping you won't notice that they are the ones saying this.

Now it all makes since! This is a biased source. So predictable. I don't believe it, and the rest of you should reconsider as well. :blink:

• Upvote 1

A few minor details..

This is apparently an AARP release.

It was dated July 12

There have been no SSI COLAs for a few years

Most of the cuts outlined here are already elements of Obama Care

No budget has been passed.

This is all scare tactics, all agenda driven, and all non-statutory.

Trooper, if you have something to say, blurt it out.

There is nothing more disingenuous as old statistics, agenda driven quasi news, about a pending Congressional action, which is yet to be written, accepted or voted on...

Enlarge

Print

Comments (1795)

Email1x25_gradient_gray

Recommend (433)

Right now, President Obama and Congress are considering a deal to pay the nation's bills that could cut the Social Security and Medicare benefits seniors have earned through a lifetime of hard work.

Related

One proposal would cut the Social Security cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) — a change that would cost seniors thousands of dollars over their lifetimes.

According to the president's fiscal commission, changing the way the COLA is calculated would cut benefits by $112 billion over 10 years. Because the cut would compound every year, it would be felt the most by the oldest and sickest seniors when they've gone through much of their retirement savings.

The President and Congress are considering cuts to Medicare benefits, which would shift thousands of dollars in additional health care costs onto seniors. Proposals could include raising co-pays on things like home health care and raising premiums and cost-sharing for some beneficiaries.

• Upvote 1

Would love to see them start cuts with their own salaries... that would be a great place to start!

Cut their pay and send them home.

6 weeks in DC, followed by 6 months to face those that voted them in.

Tar and Feathers are much cheaper than pensions...

• Upvote 1

That point is... That both programs are private funds that we put in daily for retirement and medical for the future.... How can these funds be related to the Debt ceiling or talks of cuts because they need money in other programs... It's been in the News from the Washington post to foreign press to Indie press.... Why is it as Americans where so ignorant to our problems and so focused on outside issue's.... That right there is the main problem with the deterioration of the Elderly, Baby Boomer's and generation X's.... We're so use to seeing the big picture and listening to propaganda from people who we believe that has our best interest and have the same believe they sell us every time the stand on a soap box.. Doesn't anyone read the fine print or want to look behind the curtain to see what is really going on... Everyone has such stanch views on their own political parties and finger point the problems to "Rivels" No one has the courage to stand by their own morals and values that they have but rather be led around by the hand... The consitution was for us to decide who the best man or woman is to be in office not a certain political party.. That Ideaology doesn't work anymore..

O should be Impeached and everyone in the house and senate should go to jail for stealing from the American people for their own personal gain. We need to stand together and say NO more.

• Upvote 1

LOOK AT WHERE THIS ARTICLE CAME FROM!!! THAT IN ITSELF SHOULD PUT UP RED FLAGS!!!

The two are not in the same category. I want to help Israel, but I'm also a senior who could use help. But perhaps the RV will solve my problem while congress can make sure Israel can protect itself and/or help Israel in case it is attacked. And I bet if we looked carefully, we could still find quite a bit of loose change being sent to countries that are unfriendly toward America, and we could eliminate those to help us keep helping our friend, Israel.

LIKE PACKISTAN THEY HATE US BUT LOVES OUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THEIR ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Enlarge

Print

Comments (1795)

Email1x25_gradient_gray

Recommend (433)

Related

WONT HAPPEN UNLESS YOU ARE A LOBBYIST WITH BIG MONEY AND STILL MIGHT NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1