Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Good morning all! Its Monday, and majority of us can say we are doing just fine. Lately I have been watching the news because of Debt Ceiling talks and all...So I want to make sure if I am hearing this all correctly, and try to connect these dots.

Debt Ceiling- We are at our limit here in the US. Which means if we don't raise it by the 1st. Then all bills that US owes will default, now the question I have is what bills? Like not paying our military? But yet paying our politicians? Wasn't that the huge deal a couple months ago about military? Not paying Medicare/Social Security Benefits? This has me worried about my grandparents and all...So the question is what is the problem about taking care of the people of the United States?

Now everybody on media is saying this debt ceiling will need to be raised but by how much? I mean wouldn't we reach that limit again like soon even if its raised? And exactly what projects are they not wanting to be done? Only thing I have heard is about tax increase hike?

Markets- To my understanding does that mean all the bonds, and stock market will crash due to the bills not being paid or due to the debt ceiling not being increased for more debt? Im just confused and I apologize. Its just not clicking with me.

Iraq Dinar- The main reason why majority of us is here...Now we have heard RUMORS that the US has 3 Trillion worth? Correct? So how can the US make Iraq "RV/RI" when they are SLOWLY becoming stable? Now rumors state that the HCL just needs to be voted and signed, and we have heard I think 3 names for the security spot that keeps us on the edge of our seats because we get the translation "Next Week" all the time? But do you think the US government knows about the dinar and the importance? I mean because if they are in such a crisis and the US has this much pull wouldn't they say "Hey Al-Maliki, make this happen.." But I just don't see that type of stuff in the news, to be honest, I haven't heard anything about Iraq in the news since the 100 day deadline that didn't even make news after the 100 day...I know none of us are in Iraq but what if nothing happens after Aug 1st...What happens to the normal American citizens out of us having dinar that is worthless, but what happens if this debt ceiling doesn't raise for us?

Now I know alot of experts have stated that it could happen before Ramadan...now Im going to be honest, Ramadan HAS BEEN AROUND FOREVER. So what makes this Ramadan so much more different for Iraq? I mean they haven't made deadlines, which worries me because I have seen alot of people going on the countdown. Now Mr. Montana seems to be a good guy, and he is in the "know" but what if nothing happens? Are we going to be mad or what? Im just saying..If the news isn't covering all these deals that Iraq is making, because the news covers everything...From the NFL Lockout to the Norway to Amy Winehouse to JLO breakup, but NOTHING about Iraq...So if they are such a key role into all these things, then what am I missing?

Im not here to put anybody down, Im just trying to educate myself. Cause when you hear about the Middle East..Its about Egypt housing prices going up, Libya gets money to fight, Yemen is terrorist zone, Nothing about Iraq, nothing about Kuwait, hell I ain't even heard anything about Iran...If Iraq is US baby, then why don't we hear anything..Just educate me please!! Cause Im confused, and to me all the scamming going on and things, it just not adding up...Thats all! Stay blessed!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

We all have questions... I was doing Internet search the last 2 weeks for webcams set up in Iraq to see if I could find any signs of change as the media is so quiet. I found no webcams set on the nation parks or reserves. I did find a post that states all cams are off as terrorists were using the cams to target politicians and large groupings of people. The reason you are seeing any specific news tied to anyone politician is for their safety at this time.

The US is fully engage with IRAQ. We have troops and civilians on the ground pushing the process along.

IMO the US were the ones that pushed China to help Iraq as well if they were to get paid by the US... We are all in this together.

Go RV

• Upvote 2

Heard a talking head over the weekend point out that our debt ceiling has BEEN RAISED 52 TIMES IN THE PAST!!!! 52TIMES!!! Or 50 something. He couldnt understand why there is such a problem now! Im logging off and calling my senator to see about getting MY ceiling raised through RV. I have ALWAYS HAD to live off of only the money I make, as all of us do. Freaking rediculous. Thanks for the topic and letting me vent. Peace out... and come on RV.

• Upvote 1

Lots of questions.

According to lots of folks we can meet our obligations with out the debt ceiling raised. We have enough money coming in to pay ss, military a lot of our government and pay the people we owe. However we are so far out of reach of logical thoughts on this from the ones in charge.

The secretary of the treasury, who forgot to pay his taxes, may decide it is more important to fund stupid studies than pay our critical items. Sure lets pay a university millions of dollars to create a web site to teach the teachers to understand their biases of women and minorities that they do unconscionably, Yea that has to be more important than paying our debts! :angry: :angry: :angry:

As I heard on this site, our family has decided to raise our personal debt ceiling to three trillion dollars. I am contacting my creditor so they know to raise my credit limit about 100,000,000 times higher. I am sure they will not have a problem granting me an increase like that! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I like your view of the situation. I am from Canada and have been a Dinar investor for only a short time. It concerns me a bit that there is no mention of Iraq's currency and financial issues RV and lop talk in the real news. A friend of mine that I trust talked me into this investment. I have been watching the news and internet sights ever since and have come to the conclusion that all these (gurus) are pumpers that must have a vested interest in the sale of Dinars to us.

They are making a good 30% spread on the sale of dinars and if the Dinar doe's LOP they don't care because they have already made a good profit off us. If the currency changes and we have to exchange for new ( if we can) they will profit again to exchange them. If and when the currency RV's they will cash in again when we cash in.

Up in Canada on the news a few days ago one of your senators was saying that there is no real debt ceiling problem if Oboma would just stop increasing his spending. The senator said that US tax revenues are more than enough to cover current bills and commitments if properly managed. He said Oboma wants to continue overspending so he will look good to get re elected.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you everybody! Everything each one of you have said, makes perfect sense. I mean we all get suckered into rumors, but its crazy because if this financial markets and all this stuff is about to fail, and the so called 'Iraq Dinar' was suppose to save countries and all the markets, wouldn't there be more news about it besides what we translate from google and what people may say? Im just a real dude, that goes by facts, and those questions I asked weren't linking up at all in no way at all.

I do understand our President spends alot of money, and we can't control that by being just the normal person. I have nothing against the President, I voted for him, because I was all about "Change" have I seen much "Change" nope..Not yet, but it could be around the corner. But with these answers, then now I can research more, because I know we all hear about the bank rumors and all, but like I said, we haven't heard anything in the news about the dinar...I haven't even seen anything about Shabs on a ticker ever lol if he is huge impact on this 'RV/RI" he hasn't been mentioned once...Thank you please chime in more if you would like, cause this is what we all need to know I think..

• Upvote 1

Networth: thanks for your informative post.

I thought the whole reason the debt ceiling debates started was because of the 14 trillion dollars we owe, plus the compounded daily interest pushing up the limit even more. This threatens the value of the USD. Just printing more money.Isn't that what Sadam H did in Iraq to devalue the dinar? Look what's happening to Greece and other countries. We don't want to become them. This is causing Moody's to threaten lowering our AAA rating. How will we ever be able to pay the money back? We are mortgaging our children's, grandchildren's, & great grandchildren's future. Isn't it a bit immoral for our generation of leaders to be doing this? We are supposed to leave this world a better place for the future generations to come. I agree if we are able to keep raising the debt ceiling, then why have it at all? It becomes meaningless.Your thoughts please. Thank you

• Upvote 1

I agree, I mean lets be real here, that is alot of money owed to whoever it is owed to. So why do we keep spending? I mean we all have those wants we want so bad, so some people use every bit of there money, and will ride it broke, but for a nation that is suppose to be strong, and the leading nation to do that, what does that say? I mean I'm no politician and making thousands maybe even millions, but its selfish to think that they don't care about the future but yet want to spend more. Thats why I said, who in the world said that the treasury had trillions of dinar to wipe out debt? I mean I know in these chats people say this, but now its getting serious. Like after August 2nd...Will the United States of America become Greece? Is that an actual option... I mean I know for a fact many nations, or even people have never said, "hey, I want our country to be just like Greece.." Sorry never heard it. Never seen it on a shirt. Everybody wants to come to America for a reason...So trying to figure out how politicians can be selfish and greedy, and not worry about the future is CRAZY!

• Upvote 1