Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iran to Revalue Riyal

Quietlearner

, Mahmoud Bahmani, said yesterday that the Iranian government agreed to remove four zeros from the local currency.

function Contextual_Logo_func(){ document.getElementById("Contextual_Logo").src = "http://ae.zawya.com/website/bannerLoader.cfm?pagename=Story%20Pages&banner=Contextual_Logo&storyid=ZAWYA20110714132631"; } addLoadEvent(Contextual_Logo_func); The U.S. dollar is worth more than ten thousand Iranian riyals while the Euro is worth more than 15 thousand riyals. The plan to change the currency has been on the government's agenda since the last year, but only recently agreed to reduce the currency's denomination.

Bahmani clarified that the Central Bank and the government are planning to rename the local currency without revealing further details. The Central Bank of IranCentral Bank of Iran said the official inflation rate in that country was 14.2% last May. However, some economic observers are skeptical that it represents the real inflation rate.

Fuel prices have reportedly increased in Iran seven times, particularly after the abolition of government subsidies on food and fuel last December.

Tehran maintains that the international sanctions imposed on the Islamic Republic, against the background of its intransigence over its nuclear program, didn't affect the Iranian national economy.

http://ae.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20110714132631/?relcontent=ZAWYA20110713063322

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Strategically done by Iran to ofset the dinar. Iran and Iraq are in business negociations and MMHO is that Iran wants to get the jump on having a better currency ATPT than Iraq to gain. So, again, IMMHO, Iraq has no choice but to counter with an RV and RI. GLTA and Go RV.

• Upvote 1

I hate to be the one to point this out, but if Iran is removing 4 zeros from their currency, they are planning to RD, not RV.

I believe there may be some truth to trying to strengthen their currency due to proximity.

They must put a lot of confidence in Shabibi saying Iraq also is planning on a RD.

Iran also has declared that they will RENAME their currency,

but they are not telling anyone what they will rename it to...

PLUS,

if

IRAN takes off 0000's

and

IRAQ takes off 000's

then

I believe that both of the two currencies,

are about the same value or a close proximity..

DOES anyone know if this is true?

I wonder if this has anything to do with a common GCC Currency?

:blink::huh::blink: