Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just Got this e-mailed regarding Deficit Agreement

luvcats17

Huffington Post has it up on their site. I'm too lazy to post a link. Obama has given the GOP 24-36 hours to come up with an agreement that both sides could pass. Basically "get off your arses and do it now" type of situation. Confirmed via huffington post posted this evening on their site.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

OK...just got the link: Link - Latest debt talks end with no deal; Obama wants progress report - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- After a fifth meeting in five days failed Thursday to achieve a deficit reduction deal, President Barack Obama told top congressional leaders to reach an agreement on the path forward by early Saturday, officials said.

Obama will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. Friday to discuss efforts to reach a deal on the debt ceiling and budget cuts, according to a senior administration official.

No formal negotiations are planned Friday.

A Republican aide familiar with Thursday's meeting at the White House said Obama told congressional leaders he expected them to consult with their caucuses and find agreement over the next 24 to 36 hours on how to proceed. If the group is unable to reach a compromise, the president suggested another meeting would be called this weekend, the aide told CNN.

The president made it clear at Thursday's cordial meeting that he opposes a short-term deal and still wants a plan that trims the federal deficit by $4 trillion, said a Democrat familiar with the talks.

The administration team also discussed extending the payroll tax cut -- including perhaps expanding it to further improve job creation -- as well as extending unemployment insurance, the Democrat said.

The seriousness of the situation was reinforced Thursday when a major credit rating agency, Standard and Poor's, said it was placing the United States' sovereign rating on "CreditWatch with negative implications."

• Upvote 1

Just went to CNN web site... NO DEAL. Why are you waisting our time with this crap?

Have patience, take a chill pill. Don't bash people, he/she is just asking.

Please remember this is a Rumor section and not a fact or truth section.

luvcats17

No, That is why I placed this in rumors and am asking if anyone else saw this on CNN.

Edited by Diamond4me

Hi. Just got this e-mailed to me at 12:55 am EST. Did anyone else see this? Just reporting what I got...Thanks! It reads:

BREAKING NEWS!

CNN REPORTING NOW LIVE.... THAT "DEFICIT AGREEMENT IN 36HRS"!!!

WOW....

Just watched it PERSONALLY

Sure, we all saw it, but did you turn it off before they said "The Chosen One also confirmed that he would make the RV happen immediately following an agreement, and he would set the rate at 6.66". WOW

• Upvote 1