Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A meeting between Mr. Moqtada al-Sadr, Barzani and Talabani soon

A meeting between Mr. Moqtada al-Sadr, Barzani and Talabani soon

Haidar Ali Jawad -15/06/2011 ad-12: 20 | readers number: 45

Due to the coming days will witness a meeting between the president of the republic, Jalal Talabani of Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, the leader of the Sadr movement, Mr. Moqtada al-Sadr to special efforts to end the differences between some political blocs.

This was announced to "Assabah" Kurdish coalition member Mahmoud Othman, confirming that Mr. al-sadr intends to visit Kurdistan region to meet Talabani and Barzani.

Uthman said: that the president of the republic, after the initiative to contain the crisis, had contact with Mr. al-sadr to unify efforts aimed to contain the recent political crisis between the leaders of the political blocs.

And President Talabani last week his initiative aimed to end disagreements, where he met with Prime Minister nouri al-maliki and president of the Supreme Council of Islamic Mr. ammar Al-Hakim, the Iraqi National Conference Ahmad Al-Jalabi, as he met with Barzani in Arbil, Iraqi list leader Iyad Allawi. Othman said: that the Taliban is the continuation of initiatives in the past, but a new name, especially as the president of the republic is seeking to create an appropriate ground to clean up the air.

http://www.burathanews.com/news_article_127764.html

• Upvote 1

Well someone has to step up and try to unify these people and I'm glad that Talabani is trying to do that

However, Sadr doesn't appear to be one who does well with negotiating or compromise especially since he feels he is operating from a position of strength but at the same time he has put himself out there by taking such a hard stance on everything, anything less than getting his way such as the U.S. leaving at the end of 2011, will be disappointing to his followers and I'm sure is an issue of pride with him.

That's what happens when you throw down ultimatums with crazy conviction and in their culture they are afraid of looking weak.....which in my opinion is a weakness in itself....especially since I don't see him as one who is prepared to die for his cause when he was doing his self imposed exile act in tehran.....

Its like how Sadam refused UN weapons inspectors and allowed us to believe he was developing WMD because it kept Iran in check making him look strong and he considered Iran more of a threat to him than the united states, of course this was one of many errors in judgement on his part....

Sadr will be no different; he is ignorant to the rest of the world...

But for a solution, politically speaking, I think the U.S./UN would prefer an Iraqi solution it would be better for attracting investors...

Thanks K98

Well someone has to step up and try to unify these people and I'm glad that Talabani is trying to do that

However, Sadr doesn't appear to be one who does well with negotiating or compromise especially since he feels he is operating from a position of strength but at the same time he has put himself out there by taking such a hard stance on everything, anything less than getting his way such as the U.S. leaving at the end of 2011, will be disappointing to his followers and I'm sure is an issue of pride with him.

That's what happens when you throw down ultimatums with crazy conviction and in their culture they are afraid of looking weak.....which in my opinion is a weakness in itself....especially since I don't see him as one who is prepared to die for his cause when he was doing his self imposed exile act in tehran.....

Its like how Sadam refused UN weapons inspectors and allowed us to believe he was developing WMD because it kept Iran in check making him look strong and he considered Iran more of a threat to him than the united states, of course this was one of many errors in judgement on his part....

Sadr will be no different; he is ignorant to the rest of the world...

But for a solution, politically speaking, I think the U.S./UN would prefer an Iraqi solution it would be better for attracting investors...

Thanks K98

Sadr hates any kind of western influence so I think his involvement should be minimal...at best. He's an angry man

Absolutely, i hope he can be bought off if not then he has his sights set dead on the throne and of course we will have to kill him or someone will. hehehe

Amen Q. Im praying his only involvement is for money but judging by his actions in the past, it's more than money and he wants power...in a bad way.

Absolutely, i hope he can be bought off if not then he has his sights set dead on the throne and of course we will have to kill him or someone will. hehehe

It has been said by some that he is though to be a direct descendent of Mohammed.

His position is one of fundamentalism. He will never accept a continued foreign presence he perceives as a threat to fundamentalism.

If he is successful in swaying the decision to leave any US troops behind, he will start on foreign investors next.

His only salvation is death. It is the fundamental cure for the Sadr presence.

I suspect that the 9 bases/consulates are located strategically to enhance the probability of his fundamentalism getting the relief it so desperately desires.

Everyone should be granted their wish...

• Upvote 1

It has been said by some that he is though to be a direct descendent of Mohammed.

His position is one of fundamentalism. He will never accept a continued foreign presence he perceives as a threat to fundamentalism.

If he is successful in swaying the decision to leave any US troops behind, he will start on foreign investors next.

His only salvation is death. It is the fundamental cure for the Sadr presence.

I suspect that the 9 bases/consulates are located strategically to enhance the probability of his fundamentalism getting the relief it so desperately desires.

Everyone should be granted their wish...

It's been so long, I don't remember exactly when it was (2005?), but the US should have taken Sadr out when he was directing armed conflicts against US personnel.