Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar News Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination

XXX

ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME.Cant you see that your currency will be woth SQUAT.My 7000000 is now 7000.What is there to be happy about.Wake up,we are getting screwed by Iraq.

When the $1000 and $500 bills were phased out in the US it did not lose it purchasing power. Same in Ghana recently, the Cedi did not lose its purchasing power just re denominated. Now if they said it will be exchanged at a different rate i.e. 100 old IQD to 1 new IQD then I would agree. You are just going to be holding smaller denomination to ease transaction.

Correct, no loss of money but let's also add no gain either.

When the US delete the use of the $500.00 and larger bills, did anyone when taking their $500.00 bill not get 5 $100.00 bills, 10 $50.00 bills, etc?

They go full value. That is exactly what they will be doing here. They will exchange the larger denominations for smaller denominations. No loss of money.

• Upvote 1

Has it not occurred or even entered anyone's mind as to why they would announce (let's say) 11 months' in advance of what people seem to believe is an RV/RI? Think clearly for one minute here folks,....if this was the case as most of you think,..why not just spring it on everyone and do this behind closed doors, perhaps overnight.......? Why would they announce it and give everyone in the world the opportunity to buy up all the possible dinar that they could and then be rich in say 11 months...there's no way that they would make this as easy and pretty as that. I'm sorry folks, I'm a dinar holder as well and I think it's too early in the game to make a call that this is a good thing. Watch how the pumper's will take advantage of this news and twist this around to fit their agenda. Proceed with common sense.

i do not believe the dropping off the zero's is to prevent "counter-fieting" (jackdavis1364). it is so that "all" citizens can carry money. also, so that trade can take place in the surrounding opec countries. the economic value is currently out of scale and as previously stated to buy a stick of gum is crazy with the amount paying. so changing the value (RV) of the currency also changes the value of the stick of gum, bread, gas, etc. this is to put the economic value to scale appropriate and in line with the other opec nations currency. the ultimate goal is for them to have a common value dinar that is worth the same in iraq, kuwait, etc. in order for this to happen, the values at each country must share equal.

of course i am only speculating as i have been for the past year and a half.

For sake of argument lets say a loaf of bread in Irag costs 5000 IDQ, or $5 USD. No lets say there are the two IDQ circulating at the same time, a $5000 IDQ and a 5 IDQ. That loaf of bread would have to have two prices on it, 5000 IDQ and 5 IDQ. Once the 5000 note is out of circulation, the vender simply takes off loaf of bread the higher noted price, in effect lopping off three zeroes. A 5 IDQ is now 5 USD, a wash. The pricing (not the value) of the goods being purchased have to be changed also, i.e., revalued. This line of reasoning tells me that the 5 IDQ that is replacing the 5000 IDQ is the RV. Please, debunk this reasoning.

BurntToast, I think you have nailed it ,

first they knock off 3 zeroes, which devalues your $5,000 IDQ to $5 IDQ

then RV'ed @ $ 1.49 - Hopefully $3.45 -

I purchased $9,000,000 IDQ take off 3 zeroes , that's $9,000 IDQ RV'ed @ $1.49 =$13,400

48.9% return. They are clever.

Edited by garyfieldings
overlap