Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Israeli, U.S. generals taking control in Egypt

RiverStyx

<P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 6px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 6px" dir=ltr class=Title_Big_News>Israeli, U.S. generals taking control in Egypt

Tehran Times Political Desk

<P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 6px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 6px" dir=ltr class=Title_Big_News align=justify>TEHRAN – Two senior Israeli officers and three U.S. generals have arrived in Cairo to take control of the military command in Egypt, an anonymous source has told the Tehran Times. </FONT>

The command council is headed by a general named Sisson, the source said. One of the options that the generals are weighing is staging a military coup in Egypt.

The decision shows that the United States and Israel are seriously worried about the fate of Hosni Mubarak’s regime as unprecedented protests have gripped Egypt.

Israel has officially announced that it is “anxiously monitoring” developments in Egypt.

The Mubarak regime has been an important ally of Israel and the U.S. in the region and its collapse would be a great strategic loss for the two countries.

Mubarak’s government angered the Islamic world when it refused to open the Rafah border crossing for relief workers seeking to provide medical assistance to the Palestinians during Israel’s 22-day war on the Gaza Strip from December 2008 to January 2009.

Political analysts believe it is unlikely that the Mubarak government will survive protests as opposition groups have joined their hands to bring the government down.

Now political analysts say the point is whether the U.S. will align with the opposition groups or will try to take the helm in Egypt.

“We are anxiously monitoring what is happening in Egypt and in our region,” said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the opening of his weekly cabinet meeting on Sunday. “Peace between Israel and Egypt has endured for over three decades, and our goal is to ensure these relations continue.”

According to the Los Angeles Times, Netanyahu discussed developments on Saturday with U.S. President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillarious Rodham Clinton.

Over the years, Egypt has served as a trustworthy and subservient partner of Israel and the U.S. in the so-called Middle East peace negotiations.

Israel provides weapons for Egypt

According to new reports, Israeli airplanes have landed at Cairo airports to deliver weapons to the Egyptian government.

The reports followed phone conversations between the Egyptian, U.S., and Israeli defense ministers as the anti-government protests entered their seventh day on Monday.

On Thursday, an Israeli cabinet minister, who spoke on condition of anonymity to the Israeli media, stated that the Egyptian president, backed by a strong military, will eventually quell the uprising.

“His regime is well-rooted in the military and security apparatus,” said the Israeli prime minister, adding, “They will have to exercise force, power in the street and do it. But they are strong enough according to my assessment to overcome it.”

http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=235100

So here we go again, getting in another one!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

This is really worrying me although not in reference to the RV of the IQD but the ME in general. I have spent alot of time in the ME and I will tell you that Israel whether with the US or not getting involved and the way that the news is portraying Israel taking over military command in Egypt... not good not good for Israel. The rest of the ME, IMO is going to explode over Israel intervention.

This is no exageration... If someone farted in the ME they blame Israel that is FACT..... worried worried worried

This situation if true is going to be complete CHAOS within the ME and the dominos against Israel will start falling... :(

Even though this is from Iran it has a purpose to create turmoil within the ME AND it will do exactly that.

Edited by tbush
  • Upvote 3

This is really worrying me although not in reference to the RV of the IQD but the ME in general. I have spent alot of time in the ME and I will tell you that Israel whether with the US or not getting involved and the way that the news is portraying Israel taking over military command in Egypt... not good not good for Israel. The rest of the ME, IMO is going to explode over Israel intervention.

This is no exageration... If someone farted in the ME they blame Israel that is FACT..... worried worried worried

This situation if true is going to be complete CHAOS within the ME and the dominos against Israel will start falling... :(

Even though this is from Iran it has a purpose to create turmoil within the ME AND it will do exactly that.

So you are worried about this being blamed on Israel? All ME problems have been blamed on Israel for decades. When muslims kill other muslims it's blamed on Israel. When muslims steal money and oppress other muslims, it's blamed on Israel. I don't see why you think arabs blaming Israel is something new.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So you are worried about this being blamed on Israel? All ME problems have been blamed on Israel for decades. When muslims kill other muslims it's blamed on Israel. When muslims steal money and oppress other muslims, it's blamed on Israel. I don't see why you think arabs blaming Israel is something new.

Thats what I just said. The difference is the scale of this situation