Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THE BANK TAKES THEIR CUT

vette6367

SO I SPOKE TO MY BANK TODAY (I LIVE IN ORLANDO ) AND ASKED THE BRANCH MGR IF AND WHEN THEY DO THE RV WHAT DOES THE BANK TAKE TO CONVERT DINAR OR ANY CURRENCY TO US DOLLARS.(1 MILLION) HE TOLD ME AROUND 40K .... I WAS SURPRISED WHEN HE TOLD ME IT WOULD BE THAT MUCH... DOES ANY ONE KNOW ANY REAL NUMBERS TO CONVERT??????

• Upvote 1

the spread will vary from bank to bank, as competition heats up the spread will drop, which bodes well for the patient investor. I would guess somewhere around 2% spread would be reasonable. Ali from DT says he will convert at the CBI buy rate. his fee is a flat 150$ per xchange. jr

Not only that, but when has any place ever charged to exchange money? I go to Canada all the time and exchange between their currency and the US and I have never been charged. Wouldnt it be illegal for the bank to charge you any large amount for an exchange? That would mean they are trying to make money off the exchange and that just doesnt seem right. Since when does it cost a bank $40k per $1 million to exchange it. Is there really $40k worth of work being done? I happen to think they are just trying to dip their hands into this in as many ways they can. I'm not even sure its legal or we would be getting charged for currency exchanges every time we went to Canada. Am I wrong in my thinking?

If the banks are legally able to charge this, just skip the banks and go to Ali for a wire transfer and pay the small $150 per $1 million. Banks shouldnt be so greedy as they will lose even harder in the end.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Spoolin

Every time you exchange a currency, you pay the exchanger for the help. It is a percentage of what you are exchanging. That is why some banks have different buy/sell rates for currency than currency exchanges. They can set what they will charge you for your currency exchange, but it is reflected in the difference between what they will sell you the currency for & what they will buy it from you at. Last week, BoA would sell you Euros at a 1.37/dollar rate, but would only buy them from you at a 1.29/dollar rate. The posted rate on the sites was like 1.33E/$. That is a 4 cent difference, or 4% fee. Multiply that by a million, and you see how the spread can get to be so much for the banks.

Not only that, but when has any place ever charged to exchange money? I go to Canada all the time and exchange between their currency and the US and I have never been charged. Wouldnt it be illegal for the bank to charge you any large amount for an exchange? That would mean they are trying to make money off the exchange and that just doesnt seem right. Since when does it cost a bank $40k per $1 million to exchange it. Is there really $40k worth of work being done? I happen to think they are just trying to dip their hands into this in as many ways they can. I'm not even sure its legal or we would be getting charged for currency exchanges every time we went to Canada. Am I wrong in my thinking?

If the banks are legally able to charge this, just skip the banks and go to Ali for a wire transfer and pay the small $150 per $1 million. Banks shouldnt be so greedy as they will lose even harder in the end.

Just my opinion.

IT NOT THAT THEY ARE CHARGING YOU 40K THATS THE SPREAD OFF THE RATE..... ALL BANK MAKE A SPREAD WHEN YOU EXCHANGE CURRENCY.... BUT IM SURE NONE OF US EVER EXCHANGED 1 MILL......THATS WHY ITS SO HIGH.....

Every time you exchange a currency, you pay the exchanger for the help. It is a percentage of what you are exchanging. That is why some banks have different buy/sell rates for currency than currency exchanges. They can set what they will charge you for your currency exchange, but it is reflected in the difference between what they will sell you the currency for & what they will buy it from you at. Last week, BoA would sell you Euros at a 1.37/dollar rate, but would only buy them from you at a 1.29/dollar rate. The posted rate on the sites was like 1.33E/$. That is a 4 cent difference, or 4% fee. Multiply that by a million, and you see how the spread can get to be so much for the banks.

SO I GUESS MY QUESTION IS WHERE DO WE CASH IN??????

• Upvote 1

I will be going to my bank[HOPEFULLY] because I am afraid to send it back to SafeDinar where I brought it or even Dinar Trade. Everyone says not to let it out of your site so I am planning on going to the Bank because I don't want to walk the streets here in New Orleans with cash[ NOT READY TO DIE, TO MANY GRANDKIDS WHO NEED ME]. Yes I will be paying taxes like always. And it seems that No Matter Where I go I will be getting screwed and not enjoying it :( .