Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Java Access Difficulty

Sage449

• 2 weeks later...

Hi – looking for help logging into Chatroom – here is the error message:

AddonChat v8.60.00.28 [en, ICO:0]

Copyright © 2001-2010, AddonInteractive. All Rights Reserved.

Bootstrap...

java.version: 1.6.0_23

java.vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

java.class.version: 50.0

os.name: Windows 7

os.arch: x86

os.version: 6.1

Loading applet [http://client11.addonchat.com/current/AddonChat_en.zip]

Loading remote resources...

Error: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 172.22.0.27:15871 connect,resolve) [fatal]

Load complete.

And I do have Java installed from the DV website – and when I used this I got an error message above.

I was having similar issues last week. I can get to the chat with Safari, but not Firefox. PVS suggested I clear the cache, and the cookies, and disable pop up blockers for each of my browsers. All of this helped with Safari, but when I use Firefox all the chat buttons stay frozen. As long as one of the browsers works, it is ok.

Where are you trying to connect to chat from ... school, work, or home? The reason why I ask is because of the "access denied" portion of your error.

Yes it is due to you being behind a firewall at work. It is a policy not allowing traffic to go through the ports needed to connect to chat using the java applets. (***Users behind firewalls may need to inform their local IT/network administrator to allow TCP connections on ports 9000-9009 at client.invisionchat.com***)

Loading applet [http://client11.addonchat.com/current/AddonChat_en.zip]

Loading remote resources...

Error: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 172.22.0.27:15871 connect,resolve) [fatal]

Indicates security permissions in bold.

sacredoak - thank you, I did all that the last time it bombed and no luck - I think too itsa firewall issue - thanks though for trying. :):)

I don't have the same issue on my laptop so I'll have to stick with that. ;)B):P

It could be a proxy script too? Network users have the ability in Microsoft IE to lock this down. At my previous 2nd job I had I was lucky enough to have admin rights on my machine. I downloaded Google Chrome which allowed me to gain access to the proxy configuration and sometimes changing to Auto Detect will help than a specified proxy script or even deselecting all the configurations.