Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Base stopped selling Dinar

War Contractor

The Finance offices on base are controlled by installation commanders. If they feel the need to stop selling them in order to preserve the quantity on hand for official buisness, they will quit. Also, if the value has changed since the last purchase of their stock, they will quit until a new value is established. There could be a dozen reasons WHY they quit selling them. I know my base has stopped and started several times in the last year. It was merely to be able to provide a specific quantity "on hand" for official operations and so forth. Once the supply was replenished, they resumed selling. They (my base) have also made it so you must be on a "list" of authorized purchasers. NOT all contractors were allowed to go into finance and purchase them. Even if you could, you could only purchase a predetermined amount monthly. That amount varied at times. Usually it ran in the $200 range. This was suppose to help the base keep "black market" issues to a minimum. I personally would not read into it too much. Not trying to knock the info, I am sure its good. Just saying that there are multiple reasons why they wouldnt sell that day.

• Upvote 2

They are not for sale at Al Asad. My husband has been there since 4 Sept (ish), and they have never offered them there :( He was able to purchase them at both Q-West as well as Camp Delta, but that was back in Feb and June respectively. They routinely ran out at Q-West and there was a strict limit at Delta. Seems like all bases are different. Keep checking and letting us know. Thanks for the post :)