Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will we pay taxes on the spread ??

DEL RIO

Will we pay taxes on the spread , example if CBI rate is $3.87 and your bank is $3.67, charges are $200.000 who pays { tax } on it ? I'm not sure yet , but i will be contacting my bookkeeper hours after RV . I like to stay quiet for the time being . thanks mdr

Will we pay taxes on the spread , example if CBI rate is $3.87 and your bank is $3.67, charges are $200.000 who pays { tax } on it ? I'm not sure yet , but i will be contacting my bookkeeper hours after RV . I like to stay quiet for the time being . thanks mdr

The spread is the bank's profit, not yours.

Absolute answer: No, you should not plan on paying taxes on the spread. However....

Depending on how crafty your tax advisors are, you may be able to use the spread as a deduction - it really depends on how your estate is structured. I've actually been working with some of our VIP advisers on exactly this subject. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The spread is the bank's profit, not yours.

Absolute answer: No, you should not plan on paying taxes on the spread. However....

Depending on how crafty your tax advisors are, you may be able to use the spread as a deduction - it really depends on how your estate is structured. I've actually been working with some of our VIP advisers on exactly this subject. :)

:lol: Why would anyone give a negative rep for that comment?

I'm seriously considering removing the reputation function, some of you clearly don't understand how to use it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

:lol: Why would anyone give a negative rep for that comment?

I'm seriously considering removing the reputation function, some of you clearly don't understand how to use it.

Oops...Adam, was using the droid and trying to figure out the obnoxious origins of the negative feedback, and somehow I dble dinged you...now how the hell do I undo that...never tried to interfere before...returning now to my previous state...sry boss was trying to help :o

Oops...Adam, was using the droid and trying to figure out the obnoxious origins of the negative feedback, and somehow I dble dinged you...now how the hell do I undo that...never tried to interfere before...returning now to my previous state...sry boss was trying to help :o

:lol:

:P It doesn't matter much, people do worse things to me around here :lol:

OK I fixed it!

+ 1 for Adam biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

You only pay taxes on the gains. The spread is not a gain.

I could be wrong on this but my understanding is just a little different. My understanding is that you claim the entire amount as income and then deduct the spread as investment expense under section 212. The result is the same, but as far as I understand it, that is the procedure.

Best of Blessings,

Mark