Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Smart Cards.. Info and Scooter Chat...

ShawnW

Here is some info that I think means alot. there was alot of confusion regarding these smart cards being isssued as they were supposed to be issued by Oct 30th but no one had heard an update, and then today we get this new article below. Now the significance of the smart card is this.... This is my opinion so please feel free to correct me on the facts.... :D:D

A little history first, Iraq is basically a welfare state like many others in the middle east, each person gets a share of the oil profit every month, for years since the fall of the Saadam regime (since the money has been worthless) it has been 1250 dinar per month well in the end of August they announced that they would be issuing new smart cards and the value would be 250 dinar per month. Now I dont know about you, but when you have citizens living on less than $2 per day, and to cut thier welfare income by 80% does not seem like a very wise move.

So we do a bit more digging and find out that the rate that iraqis used to get during the saadam regime was yes, you guessed it, 250 dinar per month, back when the rate was $3.22 US per dinar. So putting the peices together you can see that this is all part of the process of the RV, but what about that deadline of Oct 30th that came and went with no mention of it.

Today this article came out explaining it to us, and also opened our eyes to how close we are. Read the article and chat below Obviously we know that Iraq loves to miss deadlines and push everything to the last minute but this article tells us in itself that they do not have a very long rope as the extensions they are giving are only a few days at time.

2010/11/11 4:17pm

Ministry of Culture declared the extension of the period of the issuance of the smart card للمشمولين cultural contribution to the fifth of this month.

He said an official source in the Ministry correspondent (The Iraqi News Agency (INA) That the extension came after holding several meetings between representatives of the Ministry of Culture and the Rafidain bank in the presence of those involved in the international company smart card direct to the smart card of authors, artists and Iraqi journalists covered with his Excellency the Prime Minister with effect from 26/10/2010 to 9/11/2010.

He added that the decision was made in view of the inadequacy of the specified period agreed to ولكثرة the requests received by the ministry on the extension of the period agreed to extend this to 15/11/2010 and to instruct all parties concerned to promote the extension.

Read more:

[scooter] what was the topic again

[scooter] oh yea

[scooter] i remember

[scooter] Ministry of Culture declared the extension of the period of the issuance of the smart card للمشمولين cultural contribution to the fifth of this month.

[scooter] ok -- this is the one that threw me off

[scooter] first paragraph

[scooter] fifth of the month is a friday

[scooter] 8th is a monday

[scooter] WAIT

[scooter] here's the second

[scooter] He said an official source in the Ministry correspondent (The Iraqi News Agency (INA) That the extension came after holding several meetings between representatives of the Ministry of Culture and the Rafidain bank in the presence of those involved in the international company smart card direct to the smart card of authors, artists and Iraqi journalists covered with his Excellency the Prime Minister with effect from 26/10/2010 to 9/11/2010.

[scooter] the confusing part was the overlapping

[scooter] 11/9

[scooter] november 9th

[scooter] remember those dates

[scooter] NOW

[scooter] the third and final paragraph

[scooter] He added that the decision was made in view of the inadequacy of the specified period agreed to ولكثرة the requests received by the ministry on the extension of the period agreed to extend this to 15/11/2010 and to instruct all parties concerned to promote the extension.

[scooter] what this tells me

[scooter] is that november 8th was a target date for the rv

[scooter] SO

[scooter] they are farther ahead than i thought

[scooter] with the internals

[scooter] 15th

[scooter] a very strong target date to watch

[scooter] so carrieann ---

[scooter] well done

Edited by ShawnW
  • Upvote 17

So we do a bit more digging and find out that the rate that iraqis used to get during the saadam regime was yes, you guessed it, 250 dinar per month, back when the rate was $3.22 US per dinar.

[scooter] what this tells me

[scooter] is that november 8th was a target date for the rv

[scooter] SO

[scooter] they are farther ahead than i thought

[scooter] with the internals

[scooter] 15th

[scooter] a very strong target date to watch

Are you absolutely sure of your facts? I'm not doubting you ... I've merely never seen this and would love to receive this as a fact and not a supposition ... (I've been here on DV a while ... can you tell ... lol) ... I'm not insisting that you produce a link but if you have one I'd love to see it ... because that would be HUGE!

Now before we start spending money we don't have ... remember that earlier this year (March?) they cut all government salaries and retirement incomes by half ... then half again in anticipation of the RI/RV that did NOT happen. Can you imagine being a government employee or retiree and not getting paid for about 9 months ... wow.

Now I'm as gung-ho as the next IQD holder ... jaded a bit by these lazy MP's ... hey, isn't the 15th a UN announcement date as well.

If you have the link I'd appreciate it ... PM me please ... thanks in advance

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 3

Kuwaitis support KD 250 allowance for jobless

Kuwait Times

29 June 2010

KUWAIT: Against the backdrop of the falling unemployment rate, the government has tabled a proposal to provide unemployed youth with a monthly KD 250 unemployment allowance. The news was welcomed by Kuwaitis who jointly voiced their approval of the proposal. Recently, MP Dr Muhammad Al-Huwaila submitted the draft of a bill to grant the allowance to young, unemployed Kuwaitis. The bill refers to youth who have faced difficulty trying to find a job but who have registered as unemployed with the Civil Service Commission. "I agree [to the grant] provided that the recipients pay it back when they finally get a job," said a 38-year-old Kuwaiti man working in a private company in Shuwaikh.

It is something like giving assistance to an unemployed individual but the government should be responsible enough to not raise a population of lazy people waiting for alms from the government," he said. He was quick to point out that "it will be unfair for others who are working hard but getting almost the same amount.

During the global financial crisis last year, through the Manpower Government Restructuring Programs (MGRP), the Kuwaiti government granted a certain amount of money to people who actively sought employment but could not secure a job. The government provided an unemployment allowance to Kuwaitis six-months after they registered their names with the Civil Service Commission or the MGRP.

For some Kuwaitis, the proposed monthly allowance is fair for those unemployed youths whose lifestyles have drastically changed with the advancement of technology and the quickly changing times. "The problem with Kuwaiti youth today is that they are living in a society that really needs more. We understand that they need more money for personal use and that they need more money to cope with the rising price of commodities. So KD 250 is just fair," said a concerned citizen.

A Kuwaiti woman in her 30s said it was the right of Kuwaitis to get the needed support from their government, especially if there is no job to find. "The system is not exclusive to Kuwaitis, countries all over the world support their unemployed citizens. We deserve support from the government so we can all live peacefully with dignity and decency," she said.

The word amongst expatriates was similarly in favor of the move. An expatriate accountant said that being one of the richest countries in the world, Kuwait's government should really help their own people. He said that the first thing they should do is help them find employment. If they are not proficient, citizens should be helped with skill trainings and education. "It's their money they are spending to help their own people, why should we object to that? After all, they are not getting our salary. Why should they be envied for something that is not reserved for us. Let the people of Kuwait enjoy their own money while they can still enjoy it, while they are still alive," he said.

According to information published by Al-Wasat, whose information came from the Public Authority for Civil Information, 14,265 Kuwaitis were reported jobless in 2009. The report indicated that the unemployment rate decreased to 4.2 percent, as opposed to 4.9 in 2008. The total number of unemployed Kuwaiti women in 2009 was 7,587 while their male counterparts were 6,678. The report revealed that the total number of employed citizens are 265,432 in the government sector while 63,000 Kuwaitis work in the private sector. Of those working in the public sector, 148,652 of them are men and 117,279 are women.

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20100629035237/Kuwaitis%20support%20KD%20250%20allowance%20for%20jobless

I had heard while traveling through Kuwait which I had done numerous times that all Kuwaiti citizens received approx. 3000 KD's due to the impact after the invasion of Kuwait by Saddam Hussein, their economic wealth bounded back up afterward of course allowing this to become possible. Here is a recent 2010 article that validates that, and even shows that an increase was voted on. Basically what this means is that they don't even have to work in order to survive!

V

MPs push to prioritize KD 5,000 grant for all Kuwaiti citizens

29 March 2010

KUWAIT: A number of MPs are pushing to have the proposal to grant KD 5,000 to each Kuwaiti adult put amongst the top priorities of the upcoming parliament sessions, reported Al-Watan. A draft law for the proposal has been adopted by the parliament's legislative committee and is currently being discussed in the financial committee before it is voted on in the general assembly. The parliament's office is expected to receive a signed request from the increasing number of MPs who support the proposal. The request would urge the financial committee to speed up their deliberation of the bill so that the draft law can be voted on as soon as possible.

While agreeing on the benefits the law would have on the economy, head of the financial committee, MP Dr. Yousuf Al-Zalzalah, said that the draft law will be sent to the Cabinet for their opinion before assessing the cost of the bill.

MP Salwa Al-Jassar said that this law will boost the economy by helping 67 percent of citizens commit to their monthly debts and enable them to spend more. Creator of the proposal, MP Saleh Aashour, said that such actions were taken by countries around the world and reasserted that it will help indebted citizens.

MP Khalid Al-Sultan does not see the draft law as a sufficient solution to the indebted citizens' crisis. He stated that it comes at a high cost and fails to solve the problem. He added that the Cabinet is expected to reject the proposal and that the best way to solve the crisis is to cancel the interests of citizen's loans.

On a separate subject, the financial committee approved a proposal to amend article 14 of the law regarding the supervision of merchandise and control of their pricing. According to the law, stricter penalties are to be enforced against merchants who deliberately raise the prices of their supply without justification.

The draft law proposes that the ministry of commerce and industry support basic goods by fixing the prices of about 100 items. However, some members of the committee pointed out that this proposal may have a negative impact on merchants.

© Kuwait Times 2010

http://www.zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidZAWYA20100329060507

• Upvote 1

Are you absolutely sure of your facts? I'm not doubting you ... I've merely never seen this and would love to receive this as a fact and not a supposition ... (I've been here on DV a while ... can you tell ... lol) ... I'm not insisting that you produce a link but if you have one I'd love to see it ... because that would be HUGE!

Now before we start spending money we don't have ... remember that earlier this year (March?) they cut all government salaries and retirement incomes by half ... then half again in anticipation of the RI/RV that did NOT happen. Can you imagine being a government employee or retiree and not getting paid for about 9 months ... wow.

Now I'm as gung-ho as the next IQD holder ... jaded a bit by these lazy MP's ... hey, isn't the 15th a UN announcement date as well.

Peace

Doc31

Hey Doc31,

I think I heard it from Scooter in a chat but let me do some digging and see if I can find it in the next day or so. Thanks for the question. I am not worried about being right or wrong just seeing this come to an end.

If anyone else wants to help dig that is great as I am working the next two days. :D:D:D

Shawn

• Upvote 1

Peace

Doc31

Hey Doc.... the MED chat has this info as well but no link either. Your right man this would be huge... I mean it won't change anything if it doesn't occur but the excitement is building especially considering all that has happened in the last 72 hours.

Hey Doc31,

I think I heard it from Scooter in a chat but let me do some digging and see if I can find it in the next day or so. Thanks for the question. I am not worried about being right or wrong just seeing this come to an end.

If anyone else wants to help dig that is great as I am working the next two days. :D:D:D

Shawn

[/quote

Ministry of Culture announced the extension of the period of issuance of the smart card to grant cultural rights are covered up to the fifth decade of this month.

An official source at the ministry of the reporter (and the news agency media / INA) that the extension came after several meetings between representatives from the Ministry of Culture and Bank of Iraq and the presence of stakeholders in the company's global smart card direct issuance of the smart card for writers, artists, journalists, Iraqis covered by the grant of the Prime Minister on from 10.26.2010 until 11.09.2010.

He said the decision came because of the inadequacy of the period specified and agreed upon and the large number of applications received to the Ministry on the extension of the period has been agreed to extend her up to 15/11/2010 was to instruct all concerned to activate the extension

Here's the link. It came from an article Woody (K98nights) posted. You'll have to run it through google translate. I don't know how to do that yet sorry

http://al-iraqnews.net/new/cultural-news/34803.html

Maybe it's a web browser thing, but there is a translator that automatically pops up for me when I click on the link. For those who can't get the translation changed, I did a screenshot of it in English. Check out the attachment :)

Doc2.doc

• Upvote 1

I see where it states the extention, but where is the info about it being reduced from 1250 dinar to 250? I've heard this repeatedly, but I haven't seen a link for that yet. If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and let's hope this is at an end.