Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Enorrste chat 11-11-10 afternoon

is it  Monday yet

Not sure who this is but this sounds good"

Enorrste chat 11-11-10 afternoon

Enorrste] Good afternoon everyone! I’d like to summarize for us all what has happened today so that we are all on the same page.

[Enorrste] please just give me your attention for a few moments

[Enorrste] First, parliament has obviously met. They first elected Nujaifi of the Iraqiya List as President of Parliament (1st presidency).

[Enorrste] Next, after a few votes, the re-elected Talabani of the Kurdish coalition as President of the Republic.

[Enorrste] Then Talabani himself “commissioned” Maliki of the State of Law coalition to form the new government.

[Enorrste] Maliki apparently has been “appointed” as Prime Minister rather than elected. This is a constitutional question and I am not clear on the procedures.

[Enorrste] However, it seems clear to me that Maliki is the new Prime Minister.

[Enorrste] In this sense, then, the new GOI has been formed and the RV can take place at any time.

Enorrste] In the meantime, Maliki has 30 days per the constitution to “form the government”. This would include the naming of various ministry leaders and cabinet members.

[Enorrste] However, Maliki has been in charge of the government for over 4 years already, so most of these positions are already filled.

[Enorrste] He may have made promises to change some as part of the political haggling, but these names will have already been identified and only need to be announced.

[Enorrste] Therefore IMO the “forming of the government” could take as little as a week or so.

[Enorrste] Shabibi has stated that he was going to wait until the new government was in place and then he would revalue the dinar.

[Enorrste] The question for us is this: Did Shabibi mean he was waiting for the “announcement” of the new government, which has happened today, or the “forming” of the new government, which could take another week or two.

[Enorrste] I believe that he was referring to the “announcement” of the new government and that the RV could take place at any time.

Enorrste] Then we would, in theory, be able to cash in starting on Monday, our time.

[Enorrste] Of course I could be wrong.

[Enorrste] TK called me today and said he was informed that the HCL and the FIL have also been finalized

[Enorrste] I suspect that if the RV is imminent, which seems to be the case, then we will also see Iraq released from Chapter 7 within the next few days as well

[Enorrste] I'm sure he is also aware of this and will act over the weekend before the world jumps on the bandwagon

[Enorrste] Gottabeme read that Shabibi was in the front row at the parliament, so, if true, he is back

Enorrste] The question is: What was he doing in NYC?

[Enorrste] I have "heard" that he was negotiating a "pre-release" of the RV to the gov't of the US (and possibly other countries) prior to the public release

[Enorrste] if this is true then they cannot back out now; but I haven't confirmed this and find it somewhat suspect

[Enorrste] Seniortour, this is a good question. I suspect that we may see RVs of other currencies over the weekend as well.

[Enorrste] I believe and know that the IMF wants this all coordinated, so this is good news, IMO

[waitingpatiently] The Professor what are the possibilities of iraq not doing this at all for now and drag this into next year?

[Enorrste] I believe and know that the IMF wants this all coordinated, so this is good news, IMO

[Enorrste] Warka would not affect the timing of the RV, IMO

[benrinca] The Professor do you think this will hold things up?? Thursday, November 11, 2010 Iraq and IMF~ IMF renews demand to end the Iraq debt ...

[Enorrste] benrinca, no I don't think the IMF is holding the RV up; they are in fact pushing it forward

Enorrste] How better to "end the Iraq debt" than the RV?

winstonz] The Professor is their a d holiday in iraq thru 11/21/2010

Enorrste] winston, I don't recall; it's a few days though

[Enorrste] I'll find out from my friend who was born in Syria

[happytrails] I think it might be an indicator don't u?

[Enorrste] happytrails, they can announce the RV and deal with pulling in the large notes internationally for several days, then deal with the locals after the holiday

[Enorrste] It's not a problem

[Ander_Thompson] The Professor that's a horse and cart thing...don't they have to form a gov before they can announced that it is formed?

[Enorrste] No Ander;

Enorrste] now it will be "formed" with the filling of the lower positions

michigander0131] professor wont investers make a big run on the dinar first thing in morning when backs open

Enorrste] michigan; most of the "whales" (large investors) are already in; there won't be a major run until the RV hits forex, IMO

[dinomatic] The Professor What is the up to 30 days for M to form his part of government and do you think he will move faster now and not need 30 days?

[Enorrste] dinomatic, M has been PM for almost 5 years; he will only need to make changes in positions where he promised to do so; the others are already filled

[Enorrste] I cannot imagine anyone being able to buy our debt for pennies on the dollar, quite frankly; it doesn't make sense to me

Enorrste] If Iraq were to attempt to buy our debt from China they would have to pay full price, in dinars, supposedly

Enorrste] but they don't have enough dinars to buy even 1% of our debt from China

[Enorrste] so it still doesn't make sense to me

[ComeonRV] The Professor it would seam counter productive on getting the 000 bills in if they don't RV ASAP given a statement has been made on the RV after the GOI was seated

[Enorrste] ComeonRV I agree with you completely

Enorrste] becu4us the IMF just gave Iraq about 400 million dollars; Gankans sent me the article yesterday

Enorrste] The Paris Club debt issue is another story, however

[Enorrste] I'm told that they are Peed off at the delay in the RV and are about to re-instate debts that they had forgiven

[Enorrste] NavyVet I believe China is flexing its muscle now; they just moved to number 3 in the voting at the G20

[Enorrste] taking the place of Britain, France, and Germany

[Enorrste] KMcG Iraqiya has insisted that the promises made be kept, otherwise they will renege on their part of the deal as well; they still have 91 votes

[Enorrste] damsel I believe it took 2 or 3 votes but Talabani eventually got 225 or about that; enough to win

Enorrste] ayechief I believe it was only Allawi, but Shabibi is on record and he has the keys in his pocket (he really works for the IMF LOL)

[waitingpatiently] The Professor so am i right to consider this done . maliki will be pm, he only has to appoint his cabinet and posts etc... ?

[Enorrste] waitingpatiently yes, you are correct

[Enorrste] waitingpatiently it could blow up if Allawi thinks that Maliki will renege on his promises

[Enorrste] then you'd have a stalemate in parliament

[Enorrste] I have expected this might occur but don't want to say more at this point. Let's let this play out.

[chadm] The Professor ,you think this is enough of the gov to please shabibi to move foward?

[Enorrste] chadm, yes I do; read my post under The Professor

[Enorrste] Remember, this is THEIR democracy, and they do not work the way we do

[Enorrste] We should all be glad that so much has transpired today and that democracy is working for them

[Enorrste] We can wait a few more days and let these gentlemen get it all together

[Enorrste] It amazes me how calm they are when they talk, as compared to, say, the Brits in their parliament

[Enorrste] We have witnessed a very positive event today and should rest well tonight knowing that they have it under control

[Enorrste] OK, y'all, my fingers are warn out. Have a great afternoon and please remain positive

Read more: don't promote other sites

Edited by Munsch
removed link
  • Upvote 7

[Enorrste] Shabibi has stated that he was going to wait until the new government was in place and then he would revalue the dinar.

Anyone have anything concrete to support this statement?? If so, Id like to see it. Thanks.

It's still very hopeful that it is within DAYS.

Tomorrow (saturday) is the SWEARING IN CEREMONY, plus other discussions.)

Before the holidays, of an RV would be very possible. So, between tomorrow and monday.

And I understand that the RV will be either the original amount or the stated amount.

But that either/or will make us smile!!! (Per Steve1)

Edited by Dinerry
  • Upvote 1

[Enorrste] TK called me today and said he was informed that the HCL and the FIL have also been finalized

stop the record... you had me until TK isn't that the G.E.T. team guy who makes all the crazy date and rate prediction. Not withstanding he could actually be correct but anyone can start saying anything at this point because its likely they are working on all those issues even as we speak.

• Upvote 1

As you can see, this post happened yesterday after noon from the GET team (read at your own risk.) We also know that Allawi and the Sunnis walked out of the of the meeting yesterday. So where does that leave us? Talabani is supposedly moving forward and Maliki has 30 days to form or appoint all the members for the new govt. IMO, the suunis walking out isn't good. I recommend reading the articles out of Iraq today but even they are not always accurate. We're still in a great place.

thanks for post....................hate to break the hearts of GET sympathizers but most news networks are reporting that negotiatins for forming a new government have stalled(as of 7am cst Fri).....so GET what is the next pumping propaganda idea...I am glad we are now getting some info from all news agencies.......hopefully we will see something more positive if they meet Sat......now we can take info from the dinar gurus, network news, and imposters/GET and finally reach a conclusion to this long ride.....at this point I am ready for something final....ofcourse I hope for an RV and high rate but if not let me down gently....myself I am ready at the very least some closure but not enough to sell out just yet!!!!