Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Buying Warka Stock

Frank61

Can anyone tell me when Warka stock will be available to purchase again? I cannot get a straight answer. A few other stocks are not available either.

Please note that we need clearer signed authorization letter noting that the minimum buy order is 200000 shares per company to buy stocks accordingly.

Best regards,

ISX Department

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Please note that there is no exact form to purchase stocks simply your signed authorization letter mentioned the name of the companies and the number of shares that you wish to buy.

Best regards,

ISX Department

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

This as far as I got with ISX Warka is not selling right now.

Edited by Reba Johnson

Under a Trading Halt no stock can be bought or sold.....so if you hold stock in Warka Bank and all trading of that stock has stopped...then no...you cannot sell your stock.

Best of luck

Phoenix

One can sell stock to another here in U.S. and send a sell and buy order to the ISX.

• Upvote 1

Under a Trading Halt no stock can be bought or sold.....so if you hold stock in Warka Bank and all trading of that stock has stopped...then no...you cannot sell your stock.

Best of luck

Phoenix

You are wrong, there is no trading halt on Warka Bank. You keep posting misinformation. Provide a link, please.

• Upvote 1

You are wrong, there is no trading halt on Warka Bank. You keep posting misinformation. Provide a link, please.

Sure here you go.

Misinformation?

More like TRUTH!~

Phoenix

Link: http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2010/07/28/warka-rights-mystery-deepens/

Warka rights mystery deepens

Posted on 28 July 2010. Tags: Banking & Finance, ISC, ISX, Warka Bank

So far two subscription periods for Warka Bank’s ID 150 bn rights issue have come and gone without any official announcement of the results. The last date for existing shareholders to subscribe was May 16. As most of them did not take up their rights, there was a subsequent public offering open to everyone except those eligible to participate in the first round. These subscribers (if any) had until July 2 to get their money in.

Apparently the chairman, who holds about 60% of the shares, did not take up his own rights, which would naturally lead you to conclude that he must have had new investors lined up to invest in the public offering. (Otherwise what would have been the point in doing such a huge capital increase in the first place?) But if that had been the case, it seems that there should have been an announcement by now confirming that the second round shares had been taken up and revealing the identity of the new owners.

But no such announcement has been forthcoming and it now appears that the public offering is going to a final sixty-day third round. As the stock must be suspended until the new shares are either taken up or cancelled, this would mean that BWAI would not resume trading until some time in September at the earliest.

In the meantime, however, the Iraq Securities Commission has further complicated the process by requiring the bank to reaudit its 2009 financials. In an announcement dated June 6 (and posted on the ISX website on June 9), the ISC claimed to have found “abnormal figures” in the accounts and requested the company to replace the auditor and redo them.

All this leaves the minority shareholder with nothing but unanswered questions: Did the chairman actually have any investors to take up the second round shares? Will they subscribe during the third round? Did they ever exist in the first place? Did the ISC’s report scare them away? Was the timing of ISC announcement, right in the midst of a public offering, a coincidence? What will the bank’s new auditor conclude?

And when, if ever, will the shares resume trading?

http://www.iraq-busi...ystery-deepens/

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Have they started to trade stock now?

NO!

No word on the trading halt.

According to the article I posted above until they change the auditors and re audit all 2009 books they will remain halted.

Just so you know there are companies here in the US that have been under trading halts for years and all money in many of those stocks has vanished.

Best of luck to all Warka bag holders.

Phoenix

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sure here you go.

Misinformation?

More like TRUTH!~

Phoenix

So far two subscription periods for Warka Bank’s ID 150 bn rights issue have come and gone without any official announcement of the results. The last date for existing shareholders to subscribe was May 16. As most of them did not take up their rights, there was a subsequent public offering open to everyone except those eligible to participate in the first round. These subscribers (if any) had until July 2 to get their money in.

Apparently the chairman, who holds about 60% of the shares, did not take up his own rights, which would naturally lead you to conclude that he must have had new investors lined up to invest in the public offering. (Otherwise what would have been the point in doing such a huge capital increase in the first place?) But if that had been the case, it seems that there should have been an announcement by now confirming that the second round shares had been taken up and revealing the identity of the new owners.

But no such announcement has been forthcoming and it now appears that the public offering is going to a final sixty-day third round. As the stock must be suspended until the new shares are either taken up or cancelled, this would mean that BWAI would not resume trading until some time in September at the earliest.

In the meantime, however, the Iraq Securities Commission has further complicated the process by requiring the bank to reaudit its 2009 financials. In an announcement dated June 6 (and posted on the ISX website on June 9), the ISC claimed to have found “abnormal figures” in the accounts and requested the company to replace the auditor and redo them.

All this leaves the minority shareholder with nothing but unanswered questions: Did the chairman actually have any investors to take up the second round shares? Will they subscribe during the third round? Did they ever exist in the first place? Did the ISC’s report scare them away? Was the timing of ISC announcement, right in the midst of a public offering, a coincidence? What will the bank’s new auditor conclude?

I am so sick of seeing these posts about my bank. I deal on a daily basis with Warka and they are so professional and on the mark, it makes me angry that some people who dont even have accounts talk trash about our bank !!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am so sick of seeing these posts about my bank. I deal on a daily basis with Warka and they are so professional and on the mark, it makes me angry that some people who dont even have accounts talk trash about our bank !!

Are you now?

Guess that is too frickin bad....you know why?

Because it is not TRASH...it is news!

Complete with a link.

How aout this?

Why don't you ask the bank you deal with every day if and when their stock will every trade again and how about you post that e-mail about the current trading halt and when it will be lifted right here in this thread?

Waiting....

Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Are you now?

Guess that is too frickin bad....you know why?

Because it is not TRASH...it is news!

Complete with a link.

How aout this?

Why don't you ask the bank you deal with every day if and when their stock will every trade again and how about you post that e-mail about the current trading halt and when it will be lifted right here in this thread?

Waiting....

Phoenix

I think you are just envious because you dont have a warka account and are not in the ISX. The info that you have provided is false. By doing what you are doing you you are creating a false panic with members that are new and unaware of Iraqi banking.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think you are just envious because you dont have a warka account and are not in the ISX. The info that you have provided is false. By doing what you are doing you you are creating a false panic with members that are new and unaware of Iraqi banking.

LOL!~ :lol:

Dude that is hilarious!

Envious? Not quite...if I wanted to be involved with Warka and the ISX I would be and it is because of my own personal due diligence on both done by me years ago and what I uncoverd that I am NOT.

Also...again...you are saying that the report from the "Iraq Business News" which is the Wall Street Jornal of Iraq is false?

Prove it!

Prove they wrote false news!

If they reported something like that and it were false they would be SUED!

And there would be a RETRACTION!

So before you accuse me of saying something false you better check the facts...I did not write that...that was reported in the news.

Fact: It appears that my due diligence on Warka and the ISX were 100% correct and by trusting in my own findings I have avoided hazard.

As for you...good luck with having your money in an un insured foreign private bank which is under suspicion of false accounting practice.

Phoenix

Also....I am STILL waiting on you to post an e-mail from Warka saying that their stock is trading at this time.

I am sure you will never post it.

Why?

Becuse as you well know...like it or not...the trading of Warka Bank stock is HALTED on the ISX at this time and until all requirements are met it will remain halted and that could be indefinate.

Translation: Warka Bank stock holders = Bag holders.

Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

LOL!~ :lol:

Dude that is hilarious!

Envious? Not quite...if I wanted to be involved with Warka and the ISX I would be and it is because of my own personal due diligence on both done by me years ago and what I uncoverd that I am NOT.

Also...again...you are saying that the report from the "Iraq Business News" which is the Wall Street Jornal of Iraq is false?

Prove it!

Prove they wrote false news!

If they reported something like that and it were false they would be SUED!

And there would be a RETRACTION!

So before you accuse me of saying something false you better check the facts...I did not write that...that was reported in the news.

Fact: It appears that my due diligence on Warka and the ISX were 100% correct and by trusting in my own findings I have avoided hazard.

As for you...good luck with having your money in an un insured foreign private bank which is under suspicion of false accounting practice.

Phoenix

Also....I am STILL waiting on you to post an e-mail from Warka saying that their stock is trading at this time.

I am sure you will never post it.

Why?

Becuse as you well know...like it or not...the trading of Warka Bank stock is HALTED on the ISX at this time and until all requirements are met it will remain halted and that could be indefinate.

Translation: Warka Bank stock holders = Bag holders.

Phoenix

Obviously, BB&M International doesn't think so.

BB&M International Corporation Announces Partnership with Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Partnership enables BB&M International to offer interest-bearing offshore bank credit cards

Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) October 13, 2010

BB&M International Corporation, an offshore banking company, is pleased to announce its recent partnership with Warka Bank for Investment and Finance, one of the largest financial institutions in Iraq.

BB&M International and its CEO, William Burbank, received the following endorsement from Mohammed Kamal Issa, Managing Director for Foreign Businesses at Warka Bank:

“Mr. William Burbank is a VVIP customer of our Bank and has been for the last three years. BB&M International Corporation has operated its AmIraq Fund LP through our bank and is in compliance with all regulations and licenses needed to operate in Iraq. Mr. Burbank holds a seat on the Iraqi stock exchange and is capable of CDS and stock trading as well as Forex trading through the AmIraq Fund LP. We hold Mr. Burbank and his company in the highest regard.”

Through the partnership, BB&M International is now able to offer offshore institution-branded Visa and MasterCard credit cards. Issued in Iraqi Dinar or USD, the offshore credit cards can be used to convert to most currencies at the exchange rate set by the CBI (Central Bank of Iraq) that day. Interest bearing Visa or MasterCard accounts are available ranging from 5%-9% APR.

“We are very excited to be able to offer our investors this option,” Burbank says. “When it comes to offshore banking, being able to access your funds whenever needed is priceless. BB&M International facilitates this need by now offering interest-bearing offshore bank credit cards. Your card will be issued from Warka Bank in Iraq. These institution-branded high interest offshore credit cards offer payment flexibility and convenience to today's offshore investor.”

These accounts earn up to 9% per annum on the 90-day Certificates of Deposit they offer for sale if you hold a current or savings account. The Central Bank of Iraq offers much more with 180-day Treasury Bills, which yield up to 14%. Why the high rate of return? “The Iraqis have made their currency of no value outside their own country, although the paper money does trade in Dubai,” Burbank says.

Burbank says now is the time to make investments in Iraq. “People don’t realize that despite the war, Iraq is actually a boomtown for interest rates. There is a very large return on investments in Iraqi Bonds and Treasury Bills.”

According to Al Jezerra newswire, there are approximately twelve private banks thriving amid the absence of a government at this time in Iraq. The top four have already sold up to 49% of their stock to western banks in return for modernization like Visa and MasterCard debit cards attached to dinar/dollar accounts. Bank of America owns Trade Bank along with Wells Fargo and four other banks from the U.S. HSBC owns half of Dar Es Sallam Bank. Many banks worldwide are making deals in Iraq. “The only people being left out are the average citizens,” Burbank says.

He explains, “The food and stuff needed to carry on an average day in Iraq must be paid for in dollars, which can be borrowed from Trade Bank of Iraq, a U.S.-owned bank that sells letters of credit in dollars for oil futures. The rest must be borrowed by investors brave enough to open an account in Baghdad and reap the profits, which are unmatched in richness in the western world.”

About BB&M International Corporation

BB&M International (http://www.bbmone.com) is a robust firm focused on international business ventures, primarily in the Middle East. The company’s expertise and tenure in the business law and practices of the Middle East have allowed it to assist many successful investors.

William Burbank

BB&M International Corporation

(619) 400-9063

bbm(at)onebox(dot)com

# # #

Share:

With my 6 million and counting Warka Bank shares and millions more of 19 other companies I own shares in, in about 5 years I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

And oh, by the way Iraqi Transport currenting trading around 14 to 15 dinars, is offering 91.827% Free shares and 53.324 Paid up Shares for 1 Dinar each. Cha Ching! Sometimes you can be too smart and bite your nose off to spite your face.

Read more:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

BB&M International Corporation Announces Partnership with Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Partnership enables BB&M International to offer interest-bearing offshore bank credit cards

Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) October 13, 2010

BB&M International Corporation, an offshore banking company, is pleased to announce its recent partnership with Warka Bank for Investment and Finance, one of the largest financial institutions in Iraq.

BB&M International and its CEO, William Burbank, received the following endorsement from Mohammed Kamal Issa, Managing Director for Foreign Businesses at Warka Bank:

“Mr. William Burbank is a VVIP customer of our Bank and has been for the last three years. BB&M International Corporation has operated its AmIraq Fund LP through our bank and is in compliance with all regulations and licenses needed to operate in Iraq. Mr. Burbank holds a seat on the Iraqi stock exchange and is capable of CDS and stock trading as well as Forex trading through the AmIraq Fund LP. We hold Mr. Burbank and his company in the highest regard.”

Through the partnership, BB&M International is now able to offer offshore institution-branded Visa and MasterCard credit cards. Issued in Iraqi Dinar or USD, the offshore credit cards can be used to convert to most currencies at the exchange rate set by the CBI (Central Bank of Iraq) that day. Interest bearing Visa or MasterCard accounts are available ranging from 5%-9% APR.

“We are very excited to be able to offer our investors this option,” Burbank says. “When it comes to offshore banking, being able to access your funds whenever needed is priceless. BB&M International facilitates this need by now offering interest-bearing offshore bank credit cards. Your card will be issued from Warka Bank in Iraq. These institution-branded high interest offshore credit cards offer payment flexibility and convenience to today's offshore investor.”

These accounts earn up to 9% per annum on the 90-day Certificates of Deposit they offer for sale if you hold a current or savings account. The Central Bank of Iraq offers much more with 180-day Treasury Bills, which yield up to 14%. Why the high rate of return? “The Iraqis have made their currency of no value outside their own country, although the paper money does trade in Dubai,” Burbank says.

Burbank says now is the time to make investments in Iraq. “People don’t realize that despite the war, Iraq is actually a boomtown for interest rates. There is a very large return on investments in Iraqi Bonds and Treasury Bills.”

According to Al Jezerra newswire, there are approximately twelve private banks thriving amid the absence of a government at this time in Iraq. The top four have already sold up to 49% of their stock to western banks in return for modernization like Visa and MasterCard debit cards attached to dinar/dollar accounts. Bank of America owns Trade Bank along with Wells Fargo and four other banks from the U.S. HSBC owns half of Dar Es Sallam Bank. Many banks worldwide are making deals in Iraq. “The only people being left out are the average citizens,” Burbank says.

He explains, “The food and stuff needed to carry on an average day in Iraq must be paid for in dollars, which can be borrowed from Trade Bank of Iraq, a U.S.-owned bank that sells letters of credit in dollars for oil futures. The rest must be borrowed by investors brave enough to open an account in Baghdad and reap the profits, which are unmatched in richness in the western world.”

About BB&M International Corporation

BB&M International (http://www.bbmone.com) is a robust firm focused on international business ventures, primarily in the Middle East. The company’s expertise and tenure in the business law and practices of the Middle East have allowed it to assist many successful investors.

William Burbank

BB&M International Corporation

(619) 400-9063

bbm(at)onebox(dot)com

# # #

Share:

With my 6 million and counting Warka Bank shares and millions more of 19 other companies I own shares in, in about 5 years I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

And oh, by the way Iraqi Transport currenting trading around 14 to 15 dinars, is offering 91.827% Free shares and 53.324 Paid up Shares for 1 Dinar each. Cha Ching! Sometimes you can be too smart and bite your nose off to spite your face.

Read more:

I love it !! Thank you for the post.

• Upvote 2

With my 6 million and counting Warka Bank shares

1. Your 6 million shares of Warka Bank are not trading any more and until they ever do again trade (if that ever happens) your shares cannot be sold and are therefore worthless at this time.

2. BB&M is a shell offshore company with zero history, zero public background, and therefore zero credibility.

Look at their website....it reeks of fly by night shady deals. : http://www.bbmone.com/

3. IMHO this company called BB&M is nothing but FinCEN bait.

4. Also is it not true that all of the other stocks you hold are also done by proxy with Warka as the agent?

5. I am still waiting to read the e-mail reply from Warka about if and when thier stock will ever trade again.

Still waiting....

Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1. Your 6 million shares of Warka Bank are not trading any more and until they ever do again trade (if that ever happens) your shares cannot be sold and are therefore worthless at this time.

2. BB&M is a shell offshore company with zero history, zero public background, and therefore zero credibility.

Look at their website....it reeks of fly by night shady deals. : http://www.bbmone.com/

4. Also is it not true that all of the other stocks you hold are also done by proxy with Warka as the agent?

5. I am still waiting to read the e-mail reply from Warka about if and when thier stock will ever trade again.

Still waiting....

Phoenix

Today is a great day. So great in fact that I purchased 2 million IQD worth of Iraqi Land Transport and 2million IQD of Commercial Bank of Iraq. I will do the same with Warka and Dar Es Salaam Investment Bank (recently purchased by HSBC) when they resume trading in the near future.

The only thing I can say Phoenix is the next time you pull out that suitcase full of crumpled up dinar you have, make sure that the currency doesnt have Saddam`s picture on it......that would be a BIG banking problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sure here you go.

Misinformation?

More like TRUTH!~

Phoenix

This article is all speculation. The writer is questioning, not stating a fact.

This article is all speculation. The writer is questioning, not stating a fact.

Not speculation...FACT.

FACT that can be found on the ISX website.

"In the meantime, however, the Iraq Securities Commission has further complicated the process by requiring the bank to reaudit its 2009 financials. In an announcement dated June 6 (and posted on the ISX website on June 9), the ISC claimed to have found “abnormal figures” in the accounts and requested the company to replace the auditor and redo them."

And until this is done to the satisfaction of the ISX rest assured that Warka Bank stock will never trade again.

Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Still waiting....

Phoenix

I have no worries regarding if or when my Warka shares will trade again or whether they are worthless. Because I know they are not worthless and Warka will start trading again. There are several banks that haven't traded since May or June. Warka has not been delisted as Basra Bank has.

The ISX site has just started today 10/14/2010, a new report all Companies listed on the ISX ,a monthly report. The first monthly report is for September 2010 and is shown in Microsoft Excel like the Daily Report. The report list all Companies on the ISX. The report shows each companies name, Warka Bank was listed #13, number of subscribed shares 75,000, closing price 1.260, Market Capitalization 94,500

Turn Over Ratio 0. If Warka Bank was delisted the ISX would not show Warka on it's monthly report. Check out ISX Site under Reports.

I don't know about BB&M, I recently heard not so good reports about William Burbank.

Your number 4, You are wrong, yet again. Since you know nothing about me or when I started buying stock with Warka Bank and under what circumstances, you have absolutely no right to call me a liar. But I will tell you. We were allowed to trade by proxy with Warka Bank, I think in August of 2007. The first bank to allow foreigners to buy Iraqi stock. I made my first trade with Warka under Warka proxy March 2008. All, I repeat, all my shares have been through proxy with Warka Investment. I just did the paper work with AACC, so I can also buy shares with Karmal and Warka, only because Karmal doesn't have a 200,000 share minimum.

Your number 5, Keep waiting, I have never or will I e-mail Warka regarding their trading date. Keep waiting, time will tell. I'm pretty sure you'll never be able to salivate on any bad news of Warka not being able to trade. I'm not talking about the journalist's speculative article. Lies and rumors are abound in Iraq. Sorry.

I have no worries regarding if or when my Warka shares will trade again or whether they are worthless. Because I know they are not worthless and Warka will start trading again. There are several banks that haven't traded since May or June. Warka has not been delisted as Basra Bank has.

The ISX site has just started today 10/14/2010, a new report all Companies listed on the ISX ,a monthly report. The first monthly report is for September 2010 and is shown in Microsoft Excel like the Daily Report. The report list all Companies on the ISX. The report shows each companies name, Warka Bank was listed #13, number of subscribed shares 75,000, closing price 1.260, Market Capitalization 94,500

Turn Over Ratio 0. If Warka Bank was delisted the ISX would not show Warka on it's monthly report. Check out ISX Site under Reports.

I don't know about BB&M, I recently heard not so good reports about William Burbank.

Your number 4, You are wrong, yet again. Since you know nothing about me or when I started buying stock with Warka Bank and under what circumstances, you have absolutely no right to call me a liar. But I will tell you. We were allowed to trade by proxy with Warka Bank, I think in August of 2007. The first bank to allow foreigners to buy Iraqi stock. I made my first trade with Warka under Warka proxy March 2008. All, I repeat, all my shares have been through proxy with Warka Investment. I just did the paper work with AACC, so I can also buy shares with Karmal and Warka, only because Karmal doesn't have a 200,000 share minimum.

Your number 5, Keep waiting, I have never or will I e-mail Warka regarding their trading date. Keep waiting, time will tell. I'm pretty sure you'll never be able to salivate on any bad news of Warka not being able to trade. I'm not talking about the journalist's speculative article. Lies and rumors are abound in Iraq. Sorry.

So true.