Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Revival and Reformation, Part 2 * Dutch Sheets * GiveHIM15 * 2/02/2024 - Insight

ronscarpa

February 2, 2023

Revival and Reformation, Part 2

Due to the fact that the GH15 posts have to be written and recorded the day before they are posted, I was not able to say much about the Day of Repentance in yesterday’s post. I did make a brief comment at the end regarding how excellent it was. The day fits well, however, with the few teachings I’m doing on Revival and Reformation, so I want to make a few more comments today.

First, I find it ironic, at the very least, that while we were involved in a time of repentance over the sins of America, the Senate was conducting a necessary hearing with the leaders of several social media outlets regarding the promotion of sexually explicit material to children. Regarding this heinous activity, two verses I quoted in a post earlier this week from Jeremiah come to mind:

“Everyone is after the dishonest dollar…They have no shame. They do not even know how to blush” (Jeremiah 6:13-15, The Message).

Senator Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, appearing on the Faulkner Focus (Fox Network) to discuss the hearing stated, “There is some research that says every day 100,000 kids are force-fed sexually explicit material on these sites. It is being pushed to them. They are not looking for it; it shows up in their feed.”

She continued, “We have 42 state Attorneys General suing [social media companies] because of the addictive features they are pushing forward on children.” 

While addressing Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of META (formerly known as Facebook), during the hearing, Senator Blackburn said, “Children are not your priority; children are your product. You see children as a way to make money.” She told Faulkner that at the hearing, “Kids were wearing T-shirts saying, ‘I’m worth more than $270,’ which is what Zuckerberg said a teen was worth to them on social media.”

How astonishing and indicative of America’s condition that this hearing was taking place as many in our gathering were weeping, asking for God’s mercy and cleansing of our nation. I was not able to hold back tears as I read Revelation 3:17-18:

“…you say, ‘I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have no need of anything,’ and you do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked. I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to apply to your eyes so that you may see.” (NASB)

After saying this to the church at Laodicea, Christ went on to say it was love motivating Him to bring this discipline (verse 19), and He concluded by telling them He was standing at the door and knocking. If they would open it through repentance, He would come in and sup with them (verse 20). Christ’s desire was not to judge them; He was offering cleansing, transformation, and a return to their relational connection with Him. I felt that on Wednesday, the “knocking Savior” was doing so through His tears.

Hundreds of people gathered for this Day of Repentance, including a couple of dozen members of Congress, Speaker Mike Johnson among them. Many more people watched online. Several leaders attended from other nations to join us in our repentance and prayer, both for our nation and theirs; at least two or three dozen. It was a very emotional day. In describing last year‘s gathering, convener Jim Garlow (along with Tony Perkins) simply said, “God showed up.” I can assure you, His presence was with us again this year. And I’m sure that the Lord, like all of us, had mixed emotions: grief over America’s sins and rejection of Him, along with the satisfaction of our repentant, interceding hearts.

Thank you for joining us. I know our prayers and repentance made a difference. (If you would like to watch a replay of the National Gathering of Prayer and Repentance, you can do so here: ngpr.org.)

Now, I want to comment on revival and reformation, then connect it to the Senate hearing I just mentioned. In yesterday's post, I said that our commission from Christ in Mark 16 was to preach the gospel and restore God’s family. When breakthrough in this activity occurs, creating mass conversions, we call it revival. I also said that Christ’s commission in Matthew 28 was to disciple these new believers, not just individually but corporately - entire nations. When this occurs in mass, resulting in societal transformation - the changing of culture, laws, government, education, etc. - we call it a reformation.

In most revivals of the past, believers thought only of winning the lost (Mark 16). This, of course, is essential and must be the starting point - birthing obviously precedes training. But if Matthew 28 - the reforming and discipling of individuals and nations - doesn’t occur, the long-term fruit will be minimal and can even be lost, as in the following example.

The great Charismatic Movement of the late 60’s through the early 80’s, which included the Jesus People Movement, saw millions of people in America come to Christ, and tens of millions around the world. It was a wonderful example of Mark 16 occurring with great momentum, a significant revival. However, there was little understanding of the church’s assignment to do Matthew 28. The concept of discipleship that existed at the time was limited to discipling converts regarding their personal lives. We did not instruct and train believers to use the momentum of revival to disciple nations by modeling Christ’s ways and teaching His principles in all of society.

Therefore, during the Jesus Movement/Charismatic Movement of the ‘70s, Christians did Mark 16. But while millions of people were being saved, humanists, secularists, and atheists were busy doing their version of Matthew 28 - discipling a nation. How incredibly ironic. We saved individuals; they discipled a nation. We preached the gospel; unbelievers taught dogmas and doctrines. We went to church once a week on the weekend; they indoctrinated in our schools and universities five days a week. We enjoyed a new wave of expanded Christian TV; they made movies, programs, and increased their hold on the industry. We sang and worshipped at church; they took over the airwaves and discipled a generation with their music. We bought a few cameras and thought we had arrived with our Christian TV; they took over technology and monopolized social media. The result: America experienced one of the greatest revivals in history…AND LOST THE NEXT GENERATION TO DEMONIC CONTROL AND INFLUENCE!

This is almost incomprehensible! The irony is beyond belief, and the tragedy of it beyond words. Yet, it occurred.

And now, the generation discipled by humanists, secularists, and atheists is in charge of our nation - governing, teaching, entertaining, etc. AND, they are grooming the next generation, our kids, as the Senator told us. Overall, social media has far more influence over the minds of our children than their parents. This is the fruit of Mark 16 without Matthew 28, revival without reformation.

We must not make this mistake again. There is another powerful outpouring of Holy Spirit coming that will produce a great revival. In this outpouring, the body of Christ, His Ekklesia, must accomplish both commissions. If we do so, it will produce the greatest transformation in Earth’s history. 

More on Monday…

Pray with me:

Father, thank You for the gathering that took place in our nation’s capital on Wednesday. Thank You for your humble and sincere hearts of repentance and intercession. We know You heard our prayers and that they make a difference. You are answering the prayers and will heal our land. On behalf of our nation, we answer Your merciful knocking and say, “Please come in.”

Father, You created family members in Genesis 1, then assigned them the responsibility of multiplying the family and also managing their home, planet Earth. This plan of Yours is still intact. Jesus restored it, and said He would build an Ekklesia, a family the gates/government of hell would not be able to overcome. Then He recommissioned them to begin again the plan of multiplying Your family, and of stewarding the earth for You. We embrace these commissions!

This 2-fold plan of Christ’s is gaining momentum. His bride is growing in numbers and the Ekklesia’s revelation of its authority is growing. Bring another wind that increases this even more. Cause the greatest season of revival and reformation in earth’s history to take place - Mark 16 and Matthew 28 simultaneously. Release the greatest wind of evangelism the world has ever experienced, and fully reveal Christ among the nations. We love You, Father, and pray these things in the name of Your Son, Jesus. Amen.

Our decree:

We decree that the two Great Commissions of Christ WILL be fulfilled by His family and co-laborers.

Click on the link below to watch the full video.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

February 2, 2023

Revival and Reformation, Part 2

We must not make this mistake again. There is another powerful outpouring of Holy Spirit coming that will produce a great revival. In this outpouring, the body of Christ, His Ekklesia, must accomplish both commissions. If we do so, it will produce the greatest transformation in Earth’s history. 

We must not make this mistake again. 

Who is this “We”? Scriptural answers please.

There is another powerful outpouring of Holy Spirit coming that will produce a great revival.

Scriptural proof please of this occurring now, in our time?

In this outpouring, the body of Christ, His Ekklesia, must accomplish both commissions. If we do so, it will produce the greatest transformation in Earth’s history. 

Using two small words in counter diction of each other (must and if) heading off the concluding statement, should, clearly show these are man’s thoughts; and not the words of spiritual Israel having the head of the congregations approval. (1Col 1:18-20)

Mark 16:9-20

Written by the Disciple Mark?

To what conclusion do all these questions lead? That there must be a mistake somewhere. In fact, that is what nearly all modern Bible scholars have concluded, namely, that these words —and not only these words but all of what appears as Mark 16:9-20— were not written by Mark but were added by a later hand. On what grounds do scholars so conclude? On both external and internal evidence.

First of all, there is the telling fact that two of the oldest and most highly regarded Bible manuscripts, the Vatican 1209 and the Sinaitic, do not contain this section; they conclude Mark’s Gospel with Mr 16 verse eight. There are also a number of ancient manuscripts that contain a short ending of just about one verse beyond eight; and other manuscripts contain both conclusions. So, some manuscripts end with Mr 16 verse eight, others have a short ending, others have a long ending, and some even give both endings. In addition to this testimony of the Greek manuscripts, all of which combines to cast doubt on Mark’s having written anything beyond Mr 16 verse eight, there are a number of the oldest versions (or translations) that do not contain the verses in question. Among such are ancient Syriac, Armenian and Ethiopic versions. No wonder that the noted manuscript authority Dr. Westcott states that “the verses which follow [Mr 16:9-20] are no part of the original narrative but an appendage.” Among other noted scholars of the same opinion are Tregelles, Tischendorf, Griesbach and Goodspeed.

Supporting this testimony of the Greek manuscripts and versions are the church historian Eusebius and the Bible translator Jerome. Eusebius wrote that the longer ending was not in the “accurate copies,” for “at this point [Mr 16 verse 8] the end of the Gospel according to Mark is determined in nearly all the copies of the Gospel according to Mark.” And Jerome, writing in the year 406 or 407 C.E. said that “nearly all Greek MSS. have not got this passage.”

Quite pertinent here is what the New Catholic Encyclopedia (1966), Volume 9, page 240, has to say about these verses: “The manuscript tradition indicates that the Gospel originally ended at 16.8, but that the longer ending that is incorporated in the Vulgate was later added, becoming widely accepted in the course of the 5th century. . . . Its vocabulary and style differ so radically from the rest of the Gospel that it hardly seems possible Mark himself composed it. . . . Mark 16.1-8 is a satisfactory ending to the Gospel insofar as it declares Jesus’ Resurrection-prophecy to be fulfilled.”

Read more: Snake Handling in Worship—Is That What God Approves?  

On 2/2/2024 at 1:14 PM, Fly said:

Who is this “We”? Scriptural answers please. True Believers in Jesus Christ, The Son of God.

There is another powerful outpouring of Holy Spirit coming that will produce a great revival.

Scriptural proof please of this occurring now, in our time? Just read the Bible, Fly....

Using two small words in counter diction of each other (must and if) heading off the concluding statement, should, clearly show these are man’s thoughts; and not the words of spiritual Israel having the head of the congregations approval. (1Col 1:18-20) Read 1 Corinthians 2: 6-16 - sorry you missed it and don't understand.

Dutch Sheets is giving us Spritiual insight as one gifted by Christ (Eph 4:7-13)

1 Cor 2:6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[g] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Eph 4:7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This is why it[a] says:

“When he ascended on high, he took many captives     and gave gifts to his people.”

(What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

I will not discuss or argue any farther Fly.  Read the Bible and ask The Lord Jesus to open your mind to HIS truth. If you approach HIM humbly with a sincere heart, without pride in your intellect, HE will let you see truth, and reveal mysteries. I will not continue any discussion here. If you wish to discuss truth - let me know asnd I'll give you my phone number. RON

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Friday, March 1

Why do you boast?—1 Cor. 4:7.

The apostle Peter urged his brothers to use whatever gifts and talents they had to build up their fellow believers. Peter wrote: “To the extent that each one has received a gift, use it in ministering to one another as fine stewards of God’s undeserved kindness.” (1 Pet. 4:10) We should not hold back from using our gifts to the fullest for fear that others may become jealous or get discouraged. But we must be careful that we do not boast about them. (1 Cor. 4:6) Let us remember that any natural abilities we may have are gifts from God. We should use those gifts to build up the congregation, not to promote ourselves. (Phil. 2:3) When we use our energy and abilities to do God’s will, we will have cause for rejoicing—not because we are outdoing others or proving ourselves superior to them, but because we are using our gifts to bring praise to Jehovah. w22.04 11-12 ¶7-9

Examining the Scriptures Daily—2024