Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Let It Pass Through the Fire * Dutch Sheets * GiveHIM15 * 12/28/2023

ronscarpa

December 28, 2023

Let It Pass Through the Fire

“His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.” (Daniel 10:6 KJV)

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire." (Matthew 3:11 KJV)

From Dad’s Devotional

“Fire is a purifying element. The chosen sign of God’s approval is the sacred flame. Spiritual baptism kindles the fires of Christ in the souls of men; they receive, realize, and reproduce His mind and His heart. The fire kindles a fervent devotion to God, a passion for righteousness, and a consuming desire for soul-winning. Let the chosen symbol of Christianity be a tongue of fire. The heavenly current is brought down, making you a living witness for the living Christ.

“Fire is also a purifier, the best defense against corruption. Whatever you place between yourself and God, whatever you rest on apart from God, or what you make the aim and center of your life apart from Him, is harmful and must pass through the fire. Count all things lost to know Him (Philippians 3:8). Until those toys of the senses are consumed, everything you do will be a mixture of good and bad. Your ‘humility’ will actually strengthen your pride. Your charity to others will give nourishment to your own self-love. ‘Our God is a consuming fire’ (Hebrews 12:29). Go on through the fire of God, permit Him to consume all the dross, and discover the purity that sees God.

“Revelation 8:3-5 tells us, ‘Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and much incense was given to him so that he might add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel’s hand. Then the angel took the censer and filled it with the fire of the altar, and threw it to the earth, and there followed peals of thunder and sounds and flashes of lightning and an earthquake.’ 

“The fire that cleanses our hearts also empowers our prayers. Angels mix them with fire from the golden altar before making them heaven’s missiles. The purity and power of God go forth like lightning, shaking and quaking until earth’s strongholds fall.

“A newspaper story out of Iowa a few years ago told of an amazing occurrence in a storm. An awful bolt of lightning produced a loud rumble that activated the chimes in a church steeple. For the next several minutes, while the lightning flashed and the thunder rolled, the chimes rang out the majestic song, ‘How Great Thou Art.’

“Indeed!”

Dutch Shares from Intercessory Prayer

“This was the coolest thing I had discovered since baseball. I was in the fourth grade, in that ornery but not mean, can’t stand baths, all girls have cooties stage of life. And I had recently procured my first magnifying glass.

“I'm not sure how I discovered I could hold it at just the right angle to the sun and light something on fire. Tim probably taught me. I had just burned a piece of paper on the playground. Then, a brilliant idea leaped up from my fallen Adamic psyche. I called my friends over, assuring them I had something really cool to show them.

“Looking at Duncan, the class bully, I said to him,  ‘You're the lucky guy, Duncan. Hold out your hand, I want to show you something.’ Duncan loved being the center of attention, so he obliged. But he didn't leave his hand there very long! He chased me all around that playground - feet, don’t fail me now. Some guys just can't take a joke.

“Is there a picture of intercession hidden somewhere in this? Yes! Paga, the Hebrew word for intercession, means ‘to strike the mark.’ (1) The reference is Job 36:32: ‘He covers His hands with the lightning, and commands it to strike the mark.’ Intercession releases God’s glory, His light. We’re not the light. We, like the magnifying glass, allow it to flow through us. It flashes forth from God’s presence like lightning, flows through us, is magnified by Holy Spirit, and strikes the desired target.”(2)

Pray with me:

Father, thank You for the fire of Holy Spirit that reproduces Your passion in us. We don’t want to be lukewarm; we want to burn with passion for You and to see Christ’s redemption ministered to others. Bring to the church today the fire and passion demonstrated by the church in Acts.

We also ask to be touched by the fire from Your altar, the same fire that cleansed Isaiah, preparing him to partner with You. And what a partner he was; His prophecies still inflame our hearts! Do this for us.

And as we offer up intercession, partnering with You to pluck up and tear down, plant and build, save and deliver, we ask for the fire of Heaven to empower our prayers. Let the lightnings of Your glory be released, bringing revelation throughout the earth of just “How Great Thou Art.” We ask for this in Yeshua’s name. Amen.

Our decree:

We decree that the greatness of God is being released through the prayers of the saints, to deliver, save and heal.

At the end of tomorrow’s post, we will be taking Communion together.

Click on the link below to watch the full video.

----------------------------------------------

1. James Strong, The New Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1990), ref. no. 6293.

2. Dutch Sheets, Intercessory Prayer, (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Publishing Group), pp. 201-202.

• Thanks 1