Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Let's THINK about THIS for a moment - Please Read

dinarded

Dinared,

Your post is a good one. I personally believe that everyone here should have some form of an explanation as to why they believe that the Iraqi dinar might revalue at a higher level. You are an investor like most of us here. You appear to also be a skeptic. That is OK as well. I am a bit of a skeptic myself. I am just more convinced than you that the evidence from CBI and the GOI indicate the intention to re-introduce the dinar at a higher level as the sanctions are removed. You started this thread. Some challenging opionions have been presented by desertpete, Trimark and myself. We would like to hear your thoughts on these opinions. There is no wrong answer. You are a sharp wit, that is obvious. However, so far all we have from you on your thread is the questions you raise regarding the Kuwaiti dinar. I just don't see any relationship. Was Kuwait under sanction for 20 years? Did the rest of the developed world sign contracts to come back into Kuwait for the purpose of rebuilding. The Kuwaiti dinar went down in value because of the uncertainity related to the invasion by Iraq. It made investors uncomfortable. How is this same? Have you read the great work by Groovgal or Scooter? I have not seen your opinon on the chats that have been posted from them. I appreciate your skepticism Dinared. It helps me to re-enforce my own conclusions. But, I would like to see your thoughts on some of the points made here in your own thread.

All the best,

Lgraham

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

This has been one of the most enjoyable threads I've seen on DV. A well written, logical post and well written logicical replys, instead of a bunch of mean & negative bashing. Thanks to all involved! My hope lies with the oil & other resources driving the train, along with the value of the currencies in the other oil producing countries. Always been a "watcher", but needed to says thanks for this one.

I agree with this. I appreciate a healthy, respectful sharing of all logical points of view and cannot imagine that most on this board would not feel the same. Keepin' it real.....a good thing! I have always thought that there will be an RV of some kind but have been skeptical of anything over $1.00. Frankly, it is difficult for me to imagine an RV of more than $.10 and then market influences (supply and demand) will dictate where it goes from there. JMO.

This is great thread with many very good posts. Thanks!

One thing to consider is that on average, every business day, more currency trades hands than any other type of investment.

Another thing, Iraq has/had a declining birth rate, and not a great GDP, therefore most currency investors do not see it as fertile ground for returns on money. It likely falls more into the realm of a speculation/discretionary investment.

Which it sounds like most people who are posting in this thread think as well....

I for one have dinar because I believe regardless of what anyone says, I could play a million dollar + lottery at every opportunity for a thousand lifetimes, and still have far greater odds of a three dollar + RV of the dinar in just one lifetime.