Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Sign in to follow this  
ronscarpa

Wednesday Midnight Guru Opinions - 3/25/2020

3-25-2020   Newshound Guru Breitling   ...we're looking for a long term trend and here we are.  I told you guys it was going to be $26 per barrel.  It's going to get there and it's going to be there a while.  That's going to put pressure on Iraq to add value to their currency...

3-25-2020   Newshound Guru Jeff  ...the whole rate change itself is about a 4-week process...the reason why we saw the country of Iraq shut down their financial markets is because they did start the rate change process that week.  Again it's a process.  It's not just an overnight flip of a switch.  They actually started the rate change last week - which is roughly week 1...we're now in week 2 so we have about two more weeks.  That would take us to a possible rate change period of somewhere around the weekend of April 12th which is Easter Sunday...

3-25-2020   Newshound Guru Pimpy  ...I believe everything is ready to happen.  They're just gonna come out and announce whatever rate change it is.  They're just gonna announce it.  It's gonna happen instantly.  Now that doesn't mean they won't have what's called a manage rate or "dirty float" and that is they're gonna manage it because if it's too much of a shock to the economy...

:tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ronscarpa
      4-1-2020   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan    The collectivism of all this data out now is not for just any old reason, imo.   ...The timing of this at this juncture paints a vivid picture in my mind. It paints a major power play into view. Iraq has no where but up to go from here!!!. imo.   ...We know CBI Gov. Alak has openly stated he was not going to devalue the IQD. It goes against all of that that has been done to...date to keep the IQD stable and steady. ...Iraq can't borrow any money from the looks of it lately from anyone. But, if they have the ability to get into the secondary markets with their currency and their stock exchange, they can use those mediums to get dollars into the future. So not only could this be about Iraq going international in secondary markets terms, the FIMA just may be the mechanism to facilitate them to do so through the US FED.. Thereby, Iraq will need to reinstate their currency to do so.  Which will support other currencies around the world. imo

4-1-2020   Newshound Guru Adam Montana    ...It's April first, which means you can expect some pranks today... all from 6 feet away, of course!  ...There will be no RV pranks in this Weekly update...The world is being shaken up like never before. There has never been a better time to watch things - unprecedented things - unfold right in front of us... Many thought the Stimulus bill passing like that just could not happen, just like many would deny the possibility of the Iraqi Dinar increasing in value.  It's not just a "possibility". This is something that is going to happen.  ...Keep your heads up, stay safe, wash your hands, and GOOOO RRRVVVV!!!!  - This is taken from another site that follows Adam's opinions and posts snippets from them. You can find Adam's full chat in our DV Chat Logs Forum at: Adam Montana Weekly 1 April 2020

4-1-2020   Newshound Guru chattels   Article quote:  "As Iraq's Prime Minister-designate Adnan al-Zurfi struggles to secure adequate parliamentary votes for his candidacy, Iraqi political parties are uncertain about whether they should support him, find a new candidate or even keep caretaker Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi in office."   General elections are currently scheduled for 2022, but protesters have demanded they be held this year.

4-1-2020   Newshound Guru Jeff   ...It's very quiet right now...we're definitely at the end...here's the ultimate step we needed to see.  We needed to see Iraq shut down their financial markets.  Stop the auctions and stop the ISX...They're resuming it on April 12th...we don't want to see the ISX extended past April 11th.  We want the ISX to come back online on April 12th...everything is where it needs to be...

4-1-2020  Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   There are lots of articles out there about many options and suggestions as to how Iraq intends to deal with the down turn in the oil revenues. These are ONLY suggestions...Take this all with a grain of salt. Nothing will be done until the new PM is ratified. They can not proceed without him/her and so the pressure is on.

• By ronscarpa
      3-30-2020   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   Article:  "Parliamentary Economy: Resorting to the central reserve will not affect the exchange rate of the dinar"   Quote:  "As a medium of exchange, it trades only within the nation of Iraq, which makes it a “soft currency”.  Unlike “hard currencies”, like the US dollar or the euro, the Iraqi dinar is not used to settle claims on international markets. This can make the international Iraqi dinar exchange rate uncertain."  The above suggests they now are ready to go into the secondary markets. And to do so they have to be a hard currency.. Not a soft one. Hard currencies are international currencies with an internationally acceptable exchange rate... The ISX is under curfew? Why, when they can trade electronically or can they?   I'll bet the inter connectivity to the NSDAQ has something to do with it... They are a secondary market platform, are they not? Starting to get clearer? I sure hope so!!    It is sure is a beacon of light, imo..

3-30-2020   Intel Guru Frank26   [Question:  How much advance notice will currency dealers be given before the rate changes?]  IMO anywhere from I'd say 6 to 8 hours.  I know my broker will be notified.  He has to be.  He has to make a decision.  He can still sell dinars...he can shut down.  And if he shuts down selling dinar well then you tell those that gave you the license...that relationship is personal between the Treasury of the United States of America and my dealer...so how much notice?  IMO the time period that you are asleep...

Good Morning DV ... Have a blessed day.
    • By ronscarpa
      3-13-2020   Intel/Newshound Guru sandyf   ...I read the IMF publications...The IMF started a concerted effort in the mid 90's to get countries into Art 8, but to date Iraq and about 16 others have resisted the pressure. If Iraq wanted to be in Art 8, it could do so very quickly. At the end of the day the so called auctions are related to Iraqi revenue and as long as the revenue is foreign currency based the auctions will remain.  Floating the currency is always an option to any country, when the currency is in trouble it is often seen as preferable to multiple devaluations. Iraq is being pushed along the same road as Egypt and that currency lost 50% of it's value overnight.

3-13-2020   Newshound Guru Pimpy   [Q? : Is this right?  Is there an article out there saying that we finally have Iraq heading towards a floating rate?  This can't be?  When I found out about this I almost lost my poop... Article:  "Former Minister:  Iraqi Dinar On The Way To "Float"]. ...we want the Iraqi dinar to float.  Yes we do!  This article says for the purpose of reducing its value.  That's not the case.  Quote:   "The former minister, Jabbar, confirmed today, Wednesday, that the Iraqi dinar is on the way to floating..."..this is good news believe it or not.  I'm not talking about how the dinar is gonna lower in rate..(Post 1 of 2)..

3-13-2020   Newshound Guru Pimpy    ...right now the dinar is pegged.  That's a fixed exchange rate against the U.S. dollar...if it floats then what determines its value is gonna be based on supply and demand and market...this is good.  As Iraq gets their crap together and the better they do the more valuable the currency becomes...we want this.  We've been saying this for a long time.  We need them to unpeg from the U.S. dollar which is a fixed exchange rate.  Which is manipulated by the government and we want them to go into a floating exchange rate...just like that it can jump up in value...if we get this you'd be surprised what will happen to the dinar once the government is established.  Once they're stable and there's no more protesting the dinar would just keep going up and up...(Post 2 of 2)..

3-13-2020   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Can I tool [toot ?] my own horn?  Ok here you go...Article:  "Former minister: Iraqi dinar on the way to "float"  Quote:  "the Iraqi dinar is on its way to float (i.e. reduce its value), and the Iraqi government may have to increase the exchange rate of the dollar to 1250 dinars against the dollar in order to obtain additional funds estimated at 4 trillion dinars in the budget and this matter is positive because it will allow encouraging the national industry because it will raise the value Imported goods and makes domestic competitive."  Maybe some of you will study monetary policy now... I do agree that under the current conditions it will probably devalue the dinar. That is why I have stated numerous times that is important that they create the conditions to launch a market economy first.  If Iraq wants to succeed at raising the value they need to create a market economy, have a gov in place, cabinet and pass laws that investors will come and participate.

• By ronscarpa
      3-11-2020   Intel Guru Frank26  Russia refused to scale back on it's [oil] exports and that pissed off Saudi Arabia.  And they said whatever they said to Russia...you know what Russia we told you not to mess around...Saudi Arabia says...we will increase our oil production and exports which has now given a surplus of oil in the markets causing the price of oil to go down dramatically pushing dramatically the reinstatement of the Iraqi dinar a lot faster.  In order to offset this budget fund deficit...

3-11-2020   Newshound Guru Vital Brad   Article  "Iraqi Stock Exchange decides to close the investor's hall until March 21."  Not only did they close the hall but the actual trading sessions have been shut down until March 21.  Does that seem a little odd?  They're gonna open back up on March 21st which is Saturday going into Sunday.  I've always heard that it's gonna happen {the RV} on a weekend. Interesting piece...Is it the coronavirus or something else going on?

3-11-2020   Newshound Guru Pimpy   ...the Iraqi Stock Exchange is closed until March 21st.  So many rumors out there before this was announced.  Why did they close until March 21st?  ...maybe they are preparing themselves for what?  The rate change.  Could they be preparing themselves for a rate change?  Is that what's going on?  We'll find out right.

• By ronscarpa
      3-10-2020   Newshound Guru Breitling   [Q? : Will the lack of a Prime Minister have an effect on the revaluation?]  No, I don't see it that way.  Remember the CBI is in charge of handing their currency...Remember, they still have PM Mahdi in as an interim PM, and his government is still in place. It's still business as usual. RON

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.