Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Allawi Assassination Plot Exposed

New Allawi Assassination Plot Exposed

18/06/2010

Baghdad, Asharq Al-Awsat - Reliable Iraqi security sources revealed Thursday details of a new elaborate plot to assassinate the head of the Iraqiya List and former head of the Iraqi government Iyad Allawi. Sources told Asharq Al-Awsat that the plot that was “ready to be implemented” became known to “pro-Allawi security, military, and government apparatus.”

According to sources the “plot was going to begin with preventing any civilian aircraft carrying Allawi from reaching or landing in the Al Muthanna Air Base near the Baghdad International Airport and forcing him (Allawi) to use the normal route, i.e. Baghdad International.”

The sources added that the plot was going to be implemented “on his first flight journey whether inside or outside of Iraq, since the conspirators would have been ready to implement the assassination plot at the Baghdad International Airport by using a sniper armed with a silencer rifle and would be killed after carrying out the operation to ensure it would not be revealed. The sources added that “top-level and important government parties are embroiled in the operation of plotting the assassination of Iyad Allawi.”

The sources added, “Allawi’s security and protection team received official instructions the night before last that the Al Muthanna Air Base is not to be used by civilian planes knowing that Allawi used and still uses this airport the most for security-related reasons.”

Asharq Al-Awsat recently published a report on an elaborate plot for the assassination of the head of the Iraqiya List before the formation of the Iraqi government based on security information and warnings from Iraqi, Arab and US intelligence bodies.

http://www.aawsat.com/english/news.asp?section=1&id=21339

• Upvote 2

k98, Thanks for the post.

This type scenerio bothers me the most about Iraq and this investment; instability while implementing a democratic government. Anything can happen with political struggle.

All the more cause to 'cash out immediately' upon RV, for me and my family.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend.

ret

There was an article this week basically complaining that Allawi had not spent a total of 7 days in Iraq since the elections. There was speculation that he was very ill and being treated elsewhere ... which fit the scenario.

This scenario would, of course, explain it as well ... and no wonder ... two or is it three MP's dead ... one arrested ... an assassination plot on the REAL PM (actually this isn't the first that has been reported but this one has the most details).

I realize that it could affect our investment but I think that there is too much pressure on Iraq by other countries for it not to RI/RV (and at the very least fairly high) ... I am however reticent to hold it very long post RI/RV ... to me all bets are off once that happens.

If you are going to hold IQD for a further ride up it had better be a well thought out plan because it's still akin to the "wild west" over there and the risk IMO will be enormous as pointed out by RETMINDED above.

Thanks for the post

Edited by Doc31