Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Phoenix Update: 6/11/10

k98nights

Also it has been announced that on Monday they will announce the new Speaker of the Parliament, the new President of Iraq and the new Prime Minister of Iraq.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=15&t=21273#ixzz0qZM4BE50

I have read the above statement made by phoenix and others including Iraq news articles about picking officials especially the PM, who according to the election results should be Alawi. He won, it has been verified and re-verified. Just dont understand their governmental seating process at all. You can win the election and possibly have no chance at serving the office you won by majority vote. Strange from of democracy.

It looks a lot like our election process. You can win the popular vote and lose the Presidency in the Electoral College. Alawi won the popular vote and will lose the Prime Minister position in the Parliament.

To those who are not emotionally involved in who they want to win this, I beleive that Phoenix has a great arguement here. While everyone is thinking Allawi, in the back rooms it may be decided for Maliki. And Allawi might be told what he is going to do going forward. There is a greater "movie" being played out here. Sit back and watch and learn.

robo5288 Howdy. You're advice is sound about sitting back and learning because it is just the most wicked game in town and the media in Iraq is printing everything about anything and really what do you believe in the news about this election. So again sound advice. But I also believe that the real question is actually article 76 of the Iraqi Constitution.

The Federal Court who is supposedly loaded with Maliki appointees declares that the largest bloc either voted in or formed post election has the right to 30 days to form the government first. However there is nothing in article 76 that actually says that. So how the Court interpreted the Constitution is also a thorny issue that has to be reckoned with.

I mean look at it from the voters point of view. Allawi's bloc wins by 2 seats or 100 seat his bloc is voted winner. Then the Maliki bloc and the Sadr bloc take over as winners as they combine the 2 parties and now they are the winners. What happened? How did the 2 losers beat the winner. Boom Constitutional crisis. What happened to the voters voice? It's gone in the blink of a Court ruling. Try and apply that logic to an American election and at the point the two losers become the winner you most likely would have a revolt and rightly so. The voters in this country would never stand for that..

Now I am not trying to argue Allawi vs Maliki because I don't want to go there. Nope my concern is the Constitution and the precedence that being established not only for the here and now but also for the future in Iraq. I gotta tell you that it would seem to me that any attempt to get around the voters is going to lead to a real problem. Those people went to polls and voted in large numbers some even got killed to do so and if the losers can become winners I think there are going to be upset voters. I know I'd be mad if Bush got elected and the supreme court put Gore in because they owed him a favorable interpretation. Can you imagine that one?.

Thanks for your post robo5288.

• Upvote 1

Here's the PROJECTED numbers --- Allawi = 91 seats --- Sadr = 40 seats --- Kurds = 70 seats -- for a TOTAL of 201 for Allawi victory. Numbers don't lie -- people do. Too early yet -- June 14 and later for final results. Tell Maliki to BEAT IT !!

Edited by EBJNYC

robo5288 Howdy. You're advice is sound about sitting back and learning because it is just the most wicked game in town and the media in Iraq is printing everything about anything and really what do you believe in the news about this election. So again sound advice. But I also believe that the real question is actually article 76 of the Iraqi Constitution.

The Federal Court who is supposedly loaded with Maliki appointees declares that the largest bloc either voted in or formed post election has the right to 30 days to form the government first. However there is nothing in article 76 that actually says that. So how the Court interpreted the Constitution is also a thorny issue that has to be reckoned with.

I mean look at it from the voters point of view. Allawi's bloc wins by 2 seats or 100 seat his bloc is voted winner. Then the Maliki bloc and the Sadr bloc take over as winners as they combine the 2 parties and now they are the winners. What happened? How did the 2 losers beat the winner. Boom Constitutional crisis. What happened to the voters voice? It's gone in the blink of a Court ruling. Try and apply that logic to an American election and at the point the two losers become the winner you most likely would have a revolt and rightly so. The voters in this country would never stand for that..

Now I am not trying to argue Allawi vs Maliki because I don't want to go there. Nope my concern is the Constitution and the precedence that being established not only for the here and now but also for the future in Iraq. I gotta tell you that it would seem to me that any attempt to get around the voters is going to lead to a real problem. Those people went to polls and voted in large numbers some even got killed to do so and if the losers can become winners I think there are going to be upset voters. I know I'd be mad if Bush got elected and the supreme court put Gore in because they owed him a favorable interpretation. Can you imagine that one?.

Thanks for your post robo5288.

Great points, I couldn't agree with you more. What gets lost for a lot of us is the people of Iraq and what there going through. Sure would be nice to see the right thing done for the people of Iraq....and those of us that have invested in there country.