Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

disabled vet

ben c

Ben... can you elaborate a little more for us on what your concerns are? Are you saying you need to know the likelihood of the dinar revaluing because you need it to live off of?

drox. to your question.. at one time I was doing fine with my disability and was making good money so I bought some dinar looking for a lively hood after I could not work any more. I have had this investment

for about 5 years now and have watched the predictions for this date and that date and get excited for no reason repeatedly. now with the last surgeries and upcoming surgeries I will not ever work again

this is my last ditch effort to stay out of the poor house and it is getting depressing watching all these predictions come and go with no results, I know that something will happen some day .. but the question

is will it be in the near future as some have said ( and have repeatedly said for the last 5 years) or in the long run. ..... sorry to carry on, just needed to vent.

ben c

drox. to your question.. at one time I was doing fine with my disability and was making good money so I bought some dinar looking for a lively hood after I could not work any more. I have had this investment

for about 5 years now and have watched the predictions for this date and that date and get excited for no reason repeatedly. now with the last surgeries and upcoming surgeries I will not ever work again

this is my last ditch effort to stay out of the poor house and it is getting depressing watching all these predictions come and go with no results, I know that something will happen some day .. but the question

is will it be in the near future as some have said ( and have repeatedly said for the last 5 years) or in the long run. ..... sorry to carry on, just needed to vent.

ben c

First of all Ben, thank you for your service to our country. That said I wish anyone on this board could give you an absolute date when the r v will occur. It just will not happen because no one really knows. Many have given educated guesses as close as they can, but as you know they have not panned out. I know this is frustrating for you, especially with the health challenges you now face, but try and keep the faith. It will happen and hopefully sooner than later.

Ben, all the best to you and you are in my prayers. Thank you for your service. I wish too I could give you some kind of rv/date but one wonders how much longer they can go at that rate being an oil country etc. :rolleyes:

Hey Ben C.... thanks for clarifying.

I am very sorry to hear of your hardships both physically and financially. I am so grateful for your service and am sure you have quite a story to tell. I can tell you that you are not alone in your pain. There are many people on here that have lost their careers, lost their homes, lost their health, and a few that have clearly lost their minds. These are tough times. Although this investment is a tug-of-war with our emotions, I am grateful that it exists for one very important reason.... FAITH. It provides that little extra incentive each day that says... maybe THIS is the day. Sometimes that little bit of hope is just enough to get you through the day. You have been invested far longer than I have, but it never really had a chance to RV 5 years ago as you probably look back. Knowing what you knew then and what you know now.... I am sure you have to be somewhat excited at the progress that has been made.

Here are my thoughts from my research. Nothing is going to happen until we have a parliament sitting in their little assigned parliament seats. They will need to have a Prime Minister in place and his Minister's and government selected. The Chap 7 sanctions discuss the fact that Iraq has to have a fully representative government in place in order to be released from sanctions... including the Developmental Fund. You probably know that that fund (the DFI) is an account held in New York, that holds 95% of Iraq's proceeds from oil sales for the benefit of the people of Iraq (infrastructure repair, utilities,social programs, etc.). The other 5% goes to Kuwait to repay them for all the damage they caused during the invasion. Now, Iraq has trade sanctions against them that prevent open trade with nations until they fulfill all of the stipulations outlined in the United Nations Security Council agreement against them. The IMF(international monetary fund), WTO(World Trade Organization), Arab league, OPEC, GCC(Gulf Cooperation Council) and numerous other agencies and nations are helping Iraq work through it and have vested interests in Iraq's success. Iraq wants the UN to remove the leash and let the redevelopment and free trade begin. It appears we are close. Iraq is in the senior class of high school and we as parents are about to kick them out of the house as soon as graduation comes. Haha!

Right now, Iraqi's are experiencing freedoms they haven't had in well over 20 years. BUT... they are still poverty stricken, fearful of aggressors, and without work for the most part. As goofy as their customs of politics, business, and general dialog are, they are still way better off.

It is all coming to a head. That is why you are seeing such a passionate political fight between the various blocs and in particular the 2 Prime Minister candidates. They are fighting for their constituents that voted for them. As well they should. You see... they realize this isn't any ordinary opportunity. This is like electing George Washington in my opinion. They have a brand new country and the first PM is going to set the tone for the future of Iraq. In my opinion, a revaluation will be the catalyst to move Iraq out of the dark ages and into one of the preeminent positions in the Middle East and will recognize it as a credible nation in the world. No longer recognized by the fear that it bellows, but judged by the commerce and democratic government it forges. This cannot happen without a credible currency. One Dinar being less than the equivalent of 1/10th of one US penny, is not a credible currency. You shouldn't have to have a backpack full of Dinar to go grocery shopping. The world is waiting to invest in Iraq. They are licking their chops.

I strongly believe that it will revalue within the next few months. 45,000 US troops are going home at the end of August leaving 50,000 in country until the end of 2011. I strongly suspect a revaluation would happen before then (end of August). I know I would appreciate the extra security if I were the PM going through that kind of value revolution. Who knows for sure??? If you connect the dots it leads you to the conclusion that we are close....in my humble opinion. I hope success and happiness finds you sooner than later. Keep the faith!

• Upvote 9

ben c

Thanks for your service bro. I too am a disabled vet. I fought the VA for a good long time and finally got where it was supposed to go. The VA should be paying you, providing you free medical care, job training, educational retraining if you want, aide helpers if you need and if your disability ratings are high enough or listed as unemployable, you can draw social security also. Regardless of what the Dinar does, fight the VA and make them do right by you if they are not.

• Upvote 8

Thanks for your service bro. I too am a disabled vet. I fought the VA for a good long time and finally got where it was supposed to go. The VA should be paying you, providing you free medical care, job training, educational retraining if you want, aide helpers if you need and if your disability ratings are high enough or listed as unemployable, you can draw social security also. Regardless of what the Dinar does, fight the VA and make them do right by you if they are not.

Mark........ you have a knack for cutting to the chase. I respect you and I also know you plan to fight for other disabled vets with your dinar windfall. You helping people like Ben get the VA to do right by them makes you one of the most ABLE people I have the pleasure of knowing. thank you.

• Upvote 2

I am a disabled vet and am looking for a way to live after all this is done, i know this is an investment to some but I can only go by what I see.

Hello, Benc .. along with others here, I too thank you for your service. I see you've only made two posts and I encourage you to visit and post more and if you haven't visited chat, you might like that as well. As you can see, there is much support here.

I am so glad Drox provided such a great update on Iraq and the dinar, from his perspective. That's one of the best summaries I've seen .. plus, I hope you could feel the compassion behind Drox' words. And Markisuncfan is right there with you, so to speak.

You are not alone. Keep that message from Drox and read it when you need to and I'm sure Markisuncfan would be glad to give you some other points. Personally, I think that Vets deserve the best care and support that can be provided and I hope you get that ... and even more with the dinar RV!

Blessings!

luckylucy

Jeanette

• Upvote 3

Hello, Benc .. along with others here, I too thank you for your service. I see you've only made two posts and I encourage you to visit and post more and if you haven't visited chat, you might like that as well. As you can see, there is much support here.

I am so glad Drox provided such a great update on Iraq and the dinar, from his perspective. That's one of the best summaries I've seen .. plus, I hope you could feel the compassion behind Drox' words. And Markisuncfan is right there with you, so to speak.

You are not alone. Keep that message from Drox and read it when you need to and I'm sure Markisuncfan would be glad to give you some other points. Personally, I think that Vets deserve the best care and support that can be provided and I hope you get that ... and even more with the dinar RV!

Blessings!

luckylucy

Jeanette

Thank you all for your post in response to my self pity, I will carry on as before thank you again. just a note the va will not help because the problems that I have now are complication of the disability but totally connected.

• Upvote 1

Don't give up BenC....sometimes you have to just keep fighting 'city hall' to get them to move....you deserve the help from the VA....we are behind you with our prayers....keep us informed in your successes fighting for what is right....and THANK YOU for all you have done for us....it is appreciated more than you know....God bless you

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for your post in response to my self pity, I will carry on as before thank you again. just a note the va will not help because the problems that I have now are complication of the disability but totally connected.

I never detected "self-pity" ... never crossed my mind. I am glad and honored that you took time to reach out to us here and share what is going on in your world. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

luckylucy

jeanette

Ben...please email me if you would. I would like to talk to you offline about the VA. I will help you all I can, which may be alot or maybe zero. Its worth a shot.

add hotmail to my name on here. Thanks. Mark.

Oh.....on a different note....to Adam.............please remove the Chat Moderator label from my name. I am no longer a mod and do not want to confuse onyone. I tried to see where I could fix it myself, but did not see.

Edited by markisuncfan

Ben...please email me if you would. I would like to talk to you offline about the VA. I will help you all I can, which may be alot or maybe zero. Its worth a shot.

add hotmail to my name on here. Thanks. Mark.

Oh.....on a different note....to Adam.............please remove the Chat Moderator label from my name. I am no longer a mod and do not want to confuse onyone. I tried to see where I could fix it myself, but did not see.

markisuncfan thank you for the offer but I think that what is being done at this time is good, that being said what gets me is

the slow process I have a friend that hurt at work and had 28 surgeries and applied for social security, it was approved but

but it tuck 2 years, I applied for and upgrade on disable va status, they will not go up to 50% because it is not directly related

to the time in 82 -91 complications came latter, and 50% or better gives you full benefits.

The dinar was never intended to be substitute for a good job it was more of a speculation and a lot of fun-still is!!!

PS the social security office is reviewing my case I should know some thing with in a year or two

ben c

Hey Ben C.... thanks for clarifying.

I am very sorry to hear of your hardships both physically and financially. I am so grateful for your service and am sure you have quite a story to tell. I can tell you that you are not alone in your pain. There are many people on here that have lost their careers, lost their homes, lost their health, and a few that have clearly lost their minds. These are tough times. Although this investment is a tug-of-war with our emotions, I am grateful that it exists for one very important reason.... FAITH. It provides that little extra incentive each day that says... maybe THIS is the day. Sometimes that little bit of hope is just enough to get you through the day. You have been invested far longer than I have, but it never really had a chance to RV 5 years ago as you probably look back. Knowing what you knew then and what you know now.... I am sure you have to be somewhat excited at the progress that has been made.

Here are my thoughts from my research. Nothing is going to happen until we have a parliament sitting in their little assigned parliament seats. They will need to have a Prime Minister in place and his Minister's and government selected. The Chap 7 sanctions discuss the fact that Iraq has to have a fully representative government in place in order to be released from sanctions... including the Developmental Fund. You probably know that that fund (the DFI) is an account held in New York, that holds 95% of Iraq's proceeds from oil sales for the benefit of the people of Iraq (infrastructure repair, utilities,social programs, etc.). The other 5% goes to Kuwait to repay them for all the damage they caused during the invasion. Now, Iraq has trade sanctions against them that prevent open trade with nations until they fulfill all of the stipulations outlined in the United Nations Security Council agreement against them. The IMF(international monetary fund), WTO(World Trade Organization), Arab league, OPEC, GCC(Gulf Cooperation Council) and numerous other agencies and nations are helping Iraq work through it and have vested interests in Iraq's success. Iraq wants the UN to remove the leash and let the redevelopment and free trade begin. It appears we are close. Iraq is in the senior class of high school and we as parents are about to kick them out of the house as soon as graduation comes. Haha!

Right now, Iraqi's are experiencing freedoms they haven't had in well over 20 years. BUT... they are still poverty stricken, fearful of aggressors, and without work for the most part. As goofy as their customs of politics, business, and general dialog are, they are still way better off.

It is all coming to a head. That is why you are seeing such a passionate political fight between the various blocs and in particular the 2 Prime Minister candidates. They are fighting for their constituents that voted for them. As well they should. You see... they realize this isn't any ordinary opportunity. This is like electing George Washington in my opinion. They have a brand new country and the first PM is going to set the tone for the future of Iraq. In my opinion, a revaluation will be the catalyst to move Iraq out of the dark ages and into one of the preeminent positions in the Middle East and will recognize it as a credible nation in the world. No longer recognized by the fear that it bellows, but judged by the commerce and democratic government it forges. This cannot happen without a credible currency. One Dinar being less than the equivalent of 1/10th of one US penny, is not a credible currency. You shouldn't have to have a backpack full of Dinar to go grocery shopping. The world is waiting to invest in Iraq. They are licking their chops.

I strongly believe that it will revalue within the next few months. 45,000 US troops are going home at the end of August leaving 50,000 in country until the end of 2011. I strongly suspect a revaluation would happen before then (end of August). I know I would appreciate the extra security if I were the PM going through that kind of value revolution. Who knows for sure??? If you connect the dots it leads you to the conclusion that we are close....in my humble opinion. I hope success and happiness finds you sooner than later. Keep the faith!

Wow all I can say is Wow.. That was awesome. Thanks for the faith of the day! I thank all of our service men and women.. It is them that gives me the freedom that I so proudly love.. My husband is under contract with the U.S. Army MRAP division. stationed in Kandahar Afghanistan and we too hope that this comes soon. I will be praying for you and may blessings find you each and every day! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!

Blessings!

luckylucy

Jeanette

luckylucy, this post deserved a response on my part, I appreciate your post and good will, I love to monitor this site for two reasons

1. I love the comedy and uplifting responses (from some of you) that make my day go better.

2. some of the Intel is very good (if you use the brain god gave you) and insightful and a challenge to think about.

but I do not find the spiteful bashing vary entertaining at all .... so I normally do not post.

markisuncfan thank you for the offer but I think that what is being done at this time is good, that being said what gets me is

the slow process I have a friend that hurt at work and had 28 surgeries and applied for social security, it was approved but

but it tuck 2 years, I applied for and upgrade on disable va status, they will not go up to 50% because it is not directly related

to the time in 82 -91 complications came latter, and 50% or better gives you full benefits.

The dinar was never intended to be substitute for a good job it was more of a speculation and a lot of fun-still is!!!

PS the social security office is reviewing my case I should know some thing with in a year or two

ben c

Ben I do not think it is self pity at all,I am a disabled vet 100%.Viet Nam was not a fun place to be.I had to fight the VA a few years to get my disability.

Just hang in there do not give up Ronnie

I am a disabled vet and am looking for a way to live after all this is done, i know this is an investment to some but I can only go by what I see.

Ben,

I too am a disabled vet. I know dealing with the VA can be a royal pain, but keep hounding them. I have many friends who kept going to the VA and finally got the rating they deserved. Here is a link I used for VA Vocational Rehabilitation. They will pay 100% for your school and books and give you extra $$ to live on each month (depending on your class load, full, 3/4, 1/2, ect.) while you retrain for an occupation that won't aggrivate your disability. They will pay for an AA or even a BA, depending on your evaluation counsellor.

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/

Hope it helps Brother, keep the faith.

Semper Fi

• Upvote 1

Greetings benc.......

I also wish to thank you for all that you have done for our country and I feel honored to work shoulder to shoulder with all those here now. For what it is worth I am here in country and have been from early 04 when I arrived. I will say this, after watching all that I see in my travels and my talks with others here, this investment is not something that may open rather when it will open. I have personally seen, while I am stationed on the VBC, 5 specific airlines begin to fly into Baghdad, of which Luthwanza......God I murdered that one....... which now has an office in the airport itself. Why would they do that if nothing were to be coming in the near future. I am also watching three different banks open on different bases here in Iraq, why would that happen if not going to open. I am watching smaller notes of the dinar entering circulation, which is even more of a reason to have hope of this happening very shortly. All in all sir the question is not if this will happen rather when....My wife asked me some time ago how strongly I believe in this investment........my responce was short of my belief in God and the good Lord above along with my love for my wife and family I have never had a stronger belief in anything......ever........this will happen......that is not a hope rather a fact. I am blessed in working here simply to have a job so to a great degree I have been spared the pains that many have back home but I would like and ask you to believe this.........this is not if this will happen but when.......and I believe this will be sooner than any of us think......there are too many big whales here that are pushing this. I do not mean people who are invested, I mean the IMF and WB etc, along with a huge string of others that will not allow these idiots and morons to screw it up. There is simply too much on the line to allow that. If I may be of any assistance to you with information, you know how far that I can go with that so we will leave that alone, please let me know and I will do my best.

Take care and be safe my brother.....God speed.....

• Upvote 1

Dear Benc: I see that you have applied to SS for disability...the way to rush the application along is to call, call, call, call and keep your name on the top of the pile. For some reason, it is faster for the ones who are more aggressive. (By the way, I was told this by a friend who works for SS) Good luck and God Bless. Jbb

ben c

Please don't ever hesitate to share your frustrations with this group of people, Ben C. They are a very caring bunch of guys (and girls) and truly have a heart for our vets. Take markisuncfan's advice and force the VA's hand in getting what you need. We owe you and our other vets (injured, disabled, or deceased) our lives for the sacrifices you have made. It's a shame you have to fight with the government for what you deserve especially when they freely give our money to those who do not deserve it and who have not sacrificed one iota to keep us a free republic. Thanks for your service!

i have come back to this post several times the last few day, the first time, there was only one response. I must say I am truly touched and honored by this group. I wish I had some good advise, but all I can say is hound them like crazy. The squeaky wheel and all that... Truly THANK YOU benc, markis... and all others for your service and sacrifice from the bottom of my heart.