Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hundreds of Native American leaders meet at the White House

umbertino

Understood Rod... there are many interpretations of "progress".   BUT... if the American "experiment", as it evolved, wasn't "right" compared to other paths... we wouldn't be the unique country we are... where many many want to come!  If it wasn't a "better" way through its evolution... it would have evolved differently.   So, it is what is is... not what we wish it would've been.   It's not arrogance... it's history.  And nothing to apologize for.

As I've stated in honest regard to this discussion... "For the rest of us... we manage freedom with civil society to make it work best for our individual values."

There is NO discrimination there.   

I agree with you Jax there is no discrimination

Just selrightous justification  

• Upvote 3

Jax I do understand that it could have turned out no other way. 

What I dont understand is the lack of compassion by certain people on this forum.

Do my people burn down there stores and loot and riot in the street.

No they dont.

What we do is stand armed and ready and though we know we can only lose again we also know that death is better then to once again lose our culture our language and beliefs

We are reminded every day of our lives as to what our losses were.

We do deserve a voice in this country as much as the next man.

But our people have been swept under a rug of shame that the powers that be does not like to look at.

They do not teach our story in your public schools. Our names are not in your history books.

But we were a people. We still are a people and we will continue to remind this GOVT as to what the cost was

for this land they call america .  Our story will be told. 

For one to say "hey you lost so stop your whining"

Sorry man that just dont get it. 

Dog... where's my lack of compassion?   I still have no idea what the true complaint is, nor the "required remedy".   Due to that... I'm not sure what sense or level of compassion is desired!   What do you (they) want?  It's probably the most valid question of this discussion...

There were many groups of immigrants discriminated against as well... but we assimilate, adjust, and become a productive part of an evolved civil society.  Do Native Americans want to remain a "third-world" culture?   Do they just want "their" land back to live that way?  Obviously, that was the original intent of most treaties... but evolution "got in the way".  We all understand that... civil society is a hard thing to reject... even for Native Americans.   So... what should they do?   What should they have done?   Do they just want to be heard... with more detailed inclusion in the history books?  I'm all for that!!!  Is that enough?  

I agree with you Jax there is no discrimination

Just selrightous justification  

OK Dog... So it's just an emotional issue with you. I respect that... We ALL have them.  But, sorry... I don't control history.   I'm a product of it, just like the rest of the world.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Progress?  Some times when I go out on the open prairie I mind travel back to a time long, long ago  when Mother Earth provided for all of our needs and we took what we needed and saved the balance for another day.   Civilized society?  Look to the inter-city slums; a prime example of a society that has devolved--anarchy reigns.  Never, before the white man came to these shores did man have such a low regard for his fellow man.

• Upvote 2