Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This is What School Lunch Looks Like in Chickasha, Oklahoma

pluMmet

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2014/10/17/this-is-what-school-lunch-looks-like-in-chickasha-oklahoma/

This has to be a joke.

I don’t think this is a joke.

Please, someone tell me this is a joke.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-17-at-11.57.17-AM-79

From EAGNews:

CHICKASHA, Okla. – Lunch meat, a couple of crackers, a slice of cheese and two pieces of cauliflower qualified as lunch in Chickasha Public Schools Monday.

Student Kaytlin Shelton took a photo of the skimpy lunch and showed it to her parents.

“It makes me want to take that and take it to the Superintendent and tell him to eat it for lunch,” the girl tells

“I can go pay a dollar for a Lunchable and get more food in it,” her father, Vince Holton, says.

Shelton is pregnant and eating for two, complicating the problem.

Chickasha superintendent David Cash agrees the skimpy lunches need to be addressed.

Oh, but here’s the best part…

The new lunch complies with lunch regulations championed by First Lady Michelle Obama and implemented by the USDA.

If her plan is to starve children to death, then it seems to be on track.

According to FOX25 in Oklahoma, that feast of lunch meat, a couple crackers, a slice of cheese and two pieces of cauliflower is served to students every other week.

Eat up boys and girls!

wow...I better take a look at what our school puts on the menu.  Although my hs daughter eats like a horse and will buy the entree and then there is always sides that she can add. If her meal looked like this I know that she would have told me long ago. She runs xcountry after school...she wouldn't be able to go far on that.

And although the lunch complies with the regulations it doesn't mean that that is what the regulation stipulates that they must feed.  For example, I am aware that it states protein and vegetable must be provided along with dairy.  Well that meal does comply but that doesn't mean that meal is what they have to serve. This decision is entirely up to the school district.

wow...I better take a look at what our school puts on the menu.  Although my hs daughter eats like a horse and will buy the entree and then there is always sides that she can add. If her meal looked like this I know that she would have told me long ago. She runs xcountry after school...she wouldn't be able to go far on that.

And although the lunch complies with the regulations it doesn't mean that that is what the regulation stipulates that they must feed.  For example, I am aware that it states protein and vegetable must be provided along with dairy.  Well that meal does comply but that doesn't mean that meal is what they have to serve. This decision is entirely up to the school district.

I'm sure you are right... it's most likely that the county there has low coffers and they had to do this selectively but the way things go it will turn into once a week the twice while other counties follow suit.

I really don't know what the laws are for school lunches but I am happy that many places kicked out the soda machines :)

All the while Moochelle eats... Let’s take a quote from a paragraph in the Burros piece in which the author says Michelle “is a careful eater, practicing what she preaches.” She then notes:

Sometimes she skips dessert.

SOMETIMES??

You advocate healthy eating and you deprive yourself of dessert only sometimes?

Actually, by the look of the article, it seems like rarely is more accurate. Here are a few samples of her desserts, taken directly from the article.

Napoleon crème brûléeA

15-layer carrot cake

Bittersweet molten chocolate cake with cappuccino ice cream

Blueberry kulfi and apple jalabi

Strawberry shortcake

A log-shaped, flourless chocolate cake with a rosemary ganache

Warm ricotta beignets

Blueberry sorbet

– Note from the author: “She passed up the tiramisu.”

Such willpower.A perfectly balanced warm chocolate bread pudding Banana cream pie

Key lime pie, bread pudding and banana pineapple cake (shared)Birthday cake

Let’s look at some of the appetizers – she doesn’t seem to miss many of those

– and main courses.

Here are a few of her meals

Soft-shell crab cooked tempura style with a ratatouille sauce; an “ethereal lobster burger” with scallop mousse and housemade chipsRack of lamb Fried green tomatoes, avocado and corn salsa and tomato relish (shared); fried oysters; a hanger steak with fried onion rings and succotash

Butter poached lobster on butternut squash with a brown butter emulsion; venison au poivre and corn cake

Watermelon salad with feta; fried oyster po’ boy; followed by samples of other items on the table: seafood crepe, shrimp and grits and buttermilk biscuits

There’s more, and there are a few healthier items, but you get the idea.

In addition, she “usually” starts her meal with a dirty martini and then follows it with wine, setting a baseline of at least 300 calories before we even start counting food. http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/10/11/michelles-bad-eating-habits-scientifically-chronicled/

Edited by DinarMillionaire