Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Books Of The Bible Are In This Story

Nadita

I know that feeling of "never giving up" on something, it irks me :angry:  that I cannot solve something that is stated as being there!  :facepalm1:  :bulb:

This is not unlike "it is surely just around the corner"....does that sound familiar with the dinar?!!  :lol:

Yep.. when I got this puzzle.. I couldn't stop for two days staring at it lol  

Yes.. it sounds familiar lol

• Upvote 1

It's missing this part--There are thirty books of the Bible in this paragraph. "It is a most remarkable puzzle" It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket, on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu, keeping him occupied for hours. 

"It is a most remarkable puzzle"

Good find Moose 57 ... this was posted at: 

http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/hidden.htm

and somehow that short sentence was left out in the copy in Nadita's post.  This adds two more names to bring it to 29...!  However, at the link they make an interesting claim - check it out...!

FlyHi, you are correct with the "the" instead of "their" ... the original puzzle has "the" and the missing sentence.

I think some sentences have been deleted or altered as ....the last 3 are not to be found. Their is a hint of Matthew in one sentence if "their" is changed to "the"...but that is clutching at straws! :confused:

If you add the sentence Moose suggested above, "It is a most remarkable puzzle" then Amos and Mark are revealed. Add together with a possible misprint with Matthew as suggested above, then Voila...30 are to be found!!  :wacko:

But I'm not accepting that :ph34r: ....I stand by there being only 27 books of the bible in the said paragraph as submitted.  :)  :peace:   You are correct ...! // RON  :confused2: 

I suspect someone made some changes and put it out there for Nadita, and others, to find and go crazy over....JMHO...RON 

Below is the ACTUAL TEXT, and the Solution:

Did you solve the hidden Bible book names puzzle? [ see puzzle ] Here is the solution. The Bible books are in bold print.

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. Can you find them? This is 
a mos
t re
mark
able puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket, on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolu
lu, ke
eping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much, he passed it on to some friends...One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his 
john
 boat. Another friend studied it while playing his ban
jo, El
aine Taylor, a columnist friend, was so intrigued by it she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column. Another friend 
judges
 the 
job
 of solving this puzzle so involving, s
he brews
 a cup of tea to help her nerv
es. Ther
e will be some names that are really easy to spot. That's a f
act. S
ome people, however, will soon find themselves in a 
jam, es
pecially since the book names are not necessarily capitalized. T
ruth
fully, f
rom ans
wers we get, we are forced to admi
t it us
ually takes a minister or a scholar t
o see
 some of the
m at the w
orst. Research has shown that something in our 
genes is
 responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event, which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta 
Phi lemon
ade booth set a new record. The local paper, The 
Chronicle, s
urveyed over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they had ever seen. As 
Daniel
 Huma
na hum
bly puts it, "The books are all right here in plain view hidden from sight." T
hose a
ble to find all of them will hear great 
lamentations
 from those who have to be shown. One 
revelation
 that may help is that books like 
Timothy
 and 
Samuel
 may occur without their 
numbers
. Also, keep in mind, that punctuation and spaces in the middle are nor
mal. A chi
pper attitude will help you com
pete r
eally well against those who claim to know the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad 
exodus
, there really are 30 books of the Bible lur
king s
omewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found. God Bless.

Note: Osee appears in the King James Version translation of Romans 9:25 as a variant spelling of Hosea.

• Upvote 2