Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why would Chase have a Test Rate?

EmilyJJJ

The Chase Bank everyone thinks is bogus, however why would they be doing a test rate?

1. to generate interest, to see how many investors are out there and how much Cash they would need in reserves to cover them when this happens?

2. to see how many people are going to rush in and cash in their dinars?

Personally I think that strides have been made and we are almost to the end. I am excited... and I cannot wait to see where this takes us.

Go Dinar!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I cannot speak to the validity of any amount seen or might have been seen or anything in between etc etc. But if a different rate is being seen the only reason I can think of would be calibrations. System test to assure that all related terminals are accepting new figures in real time and system wide. This would not be out of line as many networks rely upon their data to be updated right now and in far flung places world wide. So it could be that reason. In my field ( communications), we do exactly that quite often before implementing any changes as to avoid glitches. Because when we used to not do it life got seriously complicated real fast. Other than that I have no clue. Just food for thought.

• Upvote 1

I am just wondering about the roumors that are flying around out there, and this is what I thought about it. I have nothing to confirm or back it up. It is juat a thought that I am putting out there. Speculation.

Nothing more... I am just hopeful.

While hurrying up and waiting as normal.

• Upvote 1

I cannot speak to the validity of any amount seen or might have been seen or anything in between etc etc. But if a different rate is being seen the only reason I can think of would be calibrations. System test to assure that all related terminals are accepting new figures in real time and system wide. This would not be out of line as many networks rely upon their data to be updated right now and in far flung places world wide. So it could be that reason. In my field ( communications), we do exactly that quite often before implementing any changes as to avoid glitches. Because when we used to not do it life got seriously complicated real fast. Other than that I have no clue. Just food for thought.

Hmmm..good guess, but what computers these days need calibrations? I would imagine it's just a rate that gets entered by someone at a computer somewhere and BAM it populates throughout the CHASE network database that all branches are connected to. But what do I know.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm..good guess, but what computers these days need calibrations? I would imagine it's just a rate that gets entered by someone at a computer somewhere and BAM it populates throughout the CHASE network database that all branches are connected to. But what do I know.

Agree Krucialmix. Currencies change all the time. This is not something new that people need to test.

• Upvote 1

I asked my wife about a so called test rate, she has been at branch level banking for 15 years. She said not once has any of the banks she worked for ever done a test of any nature at branch level regarding foreign currency. She said it is all done in the back office. She has worked for Republic Bank of Florida(Bought by BB&T), SouthTrust, Wachovia, Amsouth, Peoples Bank, and currently works at 5/3. This is never something any bank would ever take the chance of testing at branch level, because things can happen and they do not want to be giving false information out.

• Upvote 1

WOW!!

If nothing else just imagine the satisfaction G, E, and TK have gotten from the ripple their comments have created across the internet in the last few days....

Could have some advertisement value on associated web sites based on web hits alone if one was interested in such a thing...........

• Upvote 1

I would accept the calibration theory if all currencey's were affected,to my knowledge that was not the case. If anyone else knows of other currencey's that were affected please pass it along. Thanks

WOW!!

If nothing else just imagine the satisfaction G, E, and TK have gotten from the ripple their comments have created across the internet in the last few days....

Could have some advertisement value on associated web sites based on web hits alone if one was interested in such a thing...........

But is it a positive ripple,I don't know. If providing false/inaccurate information is a plus than they should be Kings for a week!

krucialmix

You were as correct as you can be. I was only making a guess. I wasn't trying to give the answer. As I said the only reason I could even think of was maybe calibrations and if not I wouldn't have a clue. The lady asked a question I was only trying to help. Nothing more. I don't see why you couldn't have just accepted my guess for what it was rather than making sure you corrected me. It was a guess. You are right that changes can be made and normally there will be no need of calibrations. That's why I said if it isn't calibrations then my implied intent (no clue), was why the h*ll would they need to do that?............But then hey what would I know. But I know now just to keep my mouth shut and never try and be helpful again. Geez. Oh yeah and contrary to popular belief there are a lot of companies trying to operate on old computers out there because they are either too cheap or too stupid to upgrade and we do calibrations all the time just too see if their system can even handle it. You know just a little prudence from past experience.

So again forgive me for saying anything. I certainly wouldn't want to be the cause of any distress you might have suffered over this unfortunate incident. I will redouble my efforts in the future so as not to offend you in any way. Certainly not by venturing a guess in response to a ladies question as I know now that there are much brighter folks than me about and they will certainly let you know and God forbid we have a pleasant conversation without offending anyone's delicate sensibilities.

So please sir will you accept my heartfelt and sincere apologies? If these are not enough apologies I can add too them if you like.

well, the first reason (to generate interest) is out the window. no one would even know about it so it can't generate interest. they're not going to announce they are testing their systems to see who looks...and i agree that, although some minor preparation may be needed if this really goes way up, the banks don't need to test anything. these are big businesses who know how to handle large and small transactions professionally. they'll be ready when they need to be. hell, we may be sitting here talking about the same stuff in 2 or 3 yrs wishing we'd never bought this stuff...who knows?

well, the first reason (to generate interest) is out the window. no one would even know about it so it can't generate interest. they're not going to announce they are testing their systems to see who looks...and i agree that, although some minor preparation may be needed if this really goes way up, the banks don't need to test anything. these are big businesses who know how to handle large and small transactions professionally. they'll be ready when they need to be. hell, we may be sitting here talking about the same stuff in 2 or 3 yrs wishing we'd never bought this stuff...who knows?

Thanks