Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Song My Brother MADE Me Learn

Rayzur

Umbertino.. You will definitely understand when I say my brother is a fanatic.. as in....pazza fanatic..... All my siblings have a favorite team, all of them are different... and my youngest brother would not relent, would not stop... would not let it rest .... until I swore my allegiance to Inter, and then of course I had to learn every single word of "our" team song... which we would sing at the top of our lungs at the games.... When my older brother (Juventus)  married, his wife was also Inter.... all the way...and as a professional recording artist, with her help, I'd have to say, I think we did a pretty righteous job of it.... (and it always 3 against 1 for ever after :lol: :D )......    .

For you Umbertino, I am posting the video that captured the original game and voice over of the announcer on the official CD ( at least the version I have) :) Which btw was one that happened way before 2008 as titled in this video..... though can't rememeber what year......oh Lord don't tell my fratello that.. :). ).

PS, yes I know its the actual team who is singing and recorded this song :) And when Fabio Cannavaro blew his knee in 2003, I thought we would have to put Massimo in hospital as well... He was literally depressed for weeks...

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

Wow......It's unusual for me to realize that an American  checks these very Italian things......Nice......I do understand you do it due to your brother's influence....Smile... He wanted you to catch the "CALCIO" fever....Smile.....

Now I'll tell you something that will shock you totally ( well, not really, you being the Intelligent Individual we all got to appreciate on the  Forum...)....Yes I do sometimes watch World Cup games.....But I'm one of the very very very very very few Italians who are not into calcio ( just like I'm not into wine....smile) at all. In Italy that's dangerous to state ( they think you're a weird kind of Person , etc....smile).

I guess this is because my Father wasn't into it himself.. But he did watch World Cup games.

But... When I was a little child...I did love Inter myself.....Smile

It was a great surprise to learn you're so expert about all these italianities, Rayzur....Bravissima!

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Actually according to the passport and birth certificate I prefer, I'm not American.... :) and the embassey considers me a citizen abroad.. :) and my brother said he wouldn't lend me his car unless I learned the song..... oh yes he did say that... ....though I have always hated driving in those incredibly narrow streets of city center Sassari.... OMG the way people drive... no one has side mirrors left.... and I lost count of how mnay doorways I jumped into so I would not be run over... ..

True story.... remember the mafia wars of 93-94?... well mio padre è morto come una vittima, and it was during the World Cup.... I have pictures of my siblings and their friends kneeling on the floor... and its not in mourning.... its because of calcio.... we were playing I can't remember who... and we of course won... and it was insane all over the city.... insane... My sister lovers Roberto Baggio and Paolo Maldini, but my goal is to get an Inter calcio jersey with Cannavaro name on it, my brother would lose his mind if I showed up in that... He belongs to the official club where only members go and watch the game, and they all must watch the games at the club.. they weart this specific Inter suit with Inter tie and probably have some secret Inter ceremony... they are so in to it. He has this amazingly stupid hat, and when he wears it, I won't go out in public with him... I don't care if other men are wearing this stupid hat... I won't be seen with him... :D ...  ....

And not to worry, if everI we meet in Italy and I am introducing you to my family, I will not tell them you are not a calico fan... so you will be able to live to return home... lol lol lol  I'm sure most find it impossibile, incredibile, and a bit sbalorditivo if you tell them you are not a calcio person.....And I was laughing at how many fews you used the word "few".... though think maybe you should add a few more to the few few few few few Italians not into calcio sentence... I think my younger brother would not believe you, even if you said it... :D :D ... .

:)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for sharing all that Rayzur... I didn't know you are not "American"  according to your Passport.

True here in this Country many Folks drive in an absolutely indecent ( and this is an euphemism) way... To be fair this holds true esp. in the South of the Country... It's much better in the North and here where I live ( Trento, the Council of Trent of school memories town) whith the almost german mentality ( not like Bolzano where they are bilingual but similar..) you wouldn't get away with even the slightest infraction.

Yes, we not into calcio folks are looked at with extreme suspicion and much contempt....I'm pretty sure some would to withdraw our italian citizenship ....Smile.

I recall once while being in Cuba ( my 2nd ex-wife is from there so I used to go down there a lot) I met an Italian in a supermarket . He was from Sardegna of all places ...Smile.

He heard me speak italian and he approached me and immediately started telling me about the latest season games etc expecting me of course to dive into the discussion enthusiastically...... at which I told him I didn't know anything about it as I didn't follow the season .. and... He literally sent me to hell.....

P.S. Mi dispiace apprendere la notizia riguardo a tuo Padre.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Great story Umbertino... I'm totally laughing with understanding about your encounter in Cuba!!! We'll have to figure out how to get together next time I go home... I'm thinking this year sometime maybe... And thank you for the sentiments re: padre :wub:

• Upvote 1

Great story Umbertino... I'm totally laughing with understanding about your encounter in Cuba!!! We'll have to figure out how to get together next time I go home... I'm thinking this year sometime maybe... And thank you for the sentiments re: padre :wub:

Thanks... and sure!