Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Study: Arab banks cut their distributions in preparation for the application of the "Basel - 3"

yota691

September 12, 2013 07:00 PM   Last Updated: September 12, 2013 7:21

Saw the study of specialized banking that Arab banks in a better position than its counterpart international in the period after the global financial crisis in 2008 due to the profitability of high achieved and culture Banking conservative legacy in the Arab markets. According to newspaper policy, said the study prepared by the magazine (Economy and Business) issued yesterday that Arab banks may be forced to withhold profits for its shareholders in the coming years or cut their distributions significantly in order to meet the requirements of capital adequacy and liquidity ratios imposed by the Convention (Basel - 3), although profitability good achieved by those banks. 
explained that Arab banks represent an exception to the global level in the area of financial distress experienced by most of the international banks which continue to suffer a high rate of bad debts and weak capital base revealed by the global financial crisis. 
attributed the strength of Arab banks to a number of reasons, the most important banking culture to maintain ancestral traditions of Arab markets and made ​​the form banking Governor believes the deposit is like school and the Secretariat of the most important responsibilities is to maintain banking depositors' money and use it efficiently away from the adventure in order to achieve more profits.

Hmmm.  Not sure what this is saying.  I will say that I think this is the first I've seen them use the term "basel-3" in print.  I remember years ago Scooter (and others I'm sure) saying this was very important - and yet another stepping stone - to that elusive RV.  Can somebody more astute in finance shed some light on this?

Thanks and GO RVVVVVV!