Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Moscow Damascus saving of strike and Obama from embarrassment

TBomb

**This is more international/political news, but as it's from an Iraqi newspaper I posted in this area..hope that's all right, Mods?

Moscow Damascus saving of strike and Obama from embarrassment

09/11/2013 12:00 AM

Syria agrees to put down their arms chemicals under international control
Damascus - follow the morning

made ​​the Russian initiative put forward yesterday to resolve the Syrian crisis two goals at once, since deported in the first specter of war from Damascus, and rescued in the second U.S. President Obama from embarrassment, after all being confirmed Indicators lack of support of the international community to head the U.S. and the inability of Obama to persuade Congress for approval in a military strike against Syria.

Russia confirmed in its initiative commitment and adherence to the support of its ally Syria, which was quick to announce the approval of the Russian initiative and the development of weapons chemical under international supervision desire to disarm defuse the crisis.

and received the Russian initiative, which he said Foreign Minister Sergei not فروف it's built on contacts with the Americans, with the support of the international community on Tuesday, in a scene not softened the crisis before.

announced Lavrov said that Russia is working with the Syrian side to prepare a specific plan for implementation of the initiative Russia to develop chemical weapons Syria under international control, and that work on the completion of the plan will be in collaboration with the United Nations.

Speaking about the initiative, which was announced on Monday, Lavrov said it «is not a Russian initiative in full, but it is based on communication with our colleagues the Americans, and a permit to John Kerry, who made ​​it, and which permits the possibility of avoiding military strikes in the event of this problem has been resolved.

For his part, Syrian Prime Minister Wael annular Tuesday, said that his country supports the Russian offer to hand over Damascus weapons chemical to avoid attack U.S. military potential, and the television quoted Syrian annular saying that the government supports the initiative to stop the bloodshed in Syria.

welcomed the international community yesterday initiative Russian, where A spokesman for the coordinated senior Foreign and Security Policy of the European Union Michael Mann at a press conference «studying the proposal with great interest and welcome any initiative that could help end the violence in Syria and not to use chemical weapons which».

also announced that Tehran and Beijing, and the Arab League yesterday, welcomed the initiative Russian.

to the President of the Democratic majority in the U.S. Senate, Harry Reid, it was postponed voting on the military offensive, the U.S. official said that «the Russian proposal seriously and can spare the senators take a position on military action against Syria».

urged the Minister of Foreign Affairs American John Kerry members of Congress to approve the plan of President Barack Obama strikes limited against Syria.
At the session of Congress the first devoted to the discussion of Obama's plan, which was held yesterday evening, said: «We do not have only to respond, if you refrained from responding This will certainly worse consequences».

He said: «the world is not seen to what we decide, but to how we took the decision, it is important to assure the world that we are able to speak with one voice.

http://www.alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=54011

Thanks, TBomb... for remembering that tomorrow is 9/11.  It's also the anniversary of the attack on Bengazi....and Hillarious Clinton will be out receiving n award for all her hard humanitarian work as Sec of State. If only she had been at work when the Bengazi embassy was calling for help.

Edited by Diddle
  • Upvote 1

You just got to ask, haven't we done enough?  People died over the gas attack, so do we go and kill more?  It's not making any sense to me.  I only know it would be Armageddon if we strike and the other major powers are not convinced it's right.    Goes back to the general saying, it was planned to have the mid east in unrest.  All I can say is, "we're next".  So many of our presidents have hidden important information and do it under the name of peace and safety, meanwhile other countries warn their folks of whats to come.  No wonder they are mad at us.  Thank God the people of the world know the government does not represent the citizens here, and haven't for many years now.    It's a depressing thought to think "the" military, not our military is about to trip off one big mistake, and all under the name of the United States.  

I think Russia is wrong for not playing a bigger part of stopping this nonsense.  Standing by and watching this gassing of the folks and not getting to the bottom of it.  Pretty much condoning it.  If they are so convinced, why not bring the evidence?   Why not allow him to be tried by his own people?     I kind of think many are missing the boat on Russia and China not being outraged by this act.  Not trying to get to the bottom.  It's like they all want Armageddon.    They want to tell us no to military action, but knowing we don't care what they say.  They want us to do it and then they will sit and see the reaction of the world and decide which side to take by world reaction.  Well, I am tired of it.  We need to stop.  If they want their neck of the woods to be savages, then let them and we can quite policing the world.  It's only made us more enemies.  

Just so tired of once we are out of a war, we start another.   Maybe it's time to change out the whole way we govern this US.  Because now, it's become a quagmire and anything goes.  Congress just makes laws and wipes their butts with the constitution.   The judges legislate from the bench and their role is only to be an "OPINION".  Not the law.  

Ok, i'm done.  Just wanting to vent like many are.  Problem with me is I just can't make it short and sweet.