Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AMERICA-vs-IRAQ

SgtFuryUSCZ

***///

Well, for us Gals,

that it all went terribly awry when the cult of religious personalites dug in and not in a good way.

Compounded with a wanna-be dictator aligning himself with some very evil entities whom he USED to his advantage to eradicate all who would stand in his way to become Leader-For-Life.

Once we hit that wall where none of the sects / factions wanted to give an inch,

the stalemate has just droned on as a constant battle over who has the power.

sigh, :(

What say you, ZIG...? :confused2:

***///

in a nutshell --- The US once again took it upon themselves to go into some country,

put a dictator in place,

lose control of the situation,

and bail leaving another mess behind causing more suffering,

at the expense of Our people and theirs.

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ

This is how we run our wars.  There is the age old truth, you may have won the battle but did you win the war?  Usually not as history shows us through the years.  Religion and tribal groups is so ingrained in the peoples and their politicians in Iraq.   Parliament will be a constant upheaval because there are those who do want to see a democratic Iraq but there are others who fear such a change because it would take away their power and the prosperity they have enjoyed for years and years.  

However stepping back I see it is also so in our own country and all countries no matter how civilized and tolerant we think we are, we just do it in a more sophisticated manner, usually.  The world is based on scarcity, "I must take all I can get before someone beats me to it".  This is a myth of course because this world is actually filled with abundance, more than enough for everyone.  

It was interesting, but nothing we didn't already know. Thanks for the heads up.

***///

You'd be surprised how many here still think maliki is a good guy.

Maybe seeing this helped them realize otherwise.

And some are just RV-weary and / or greedy and could care less if maliki screws-over the People of Iraq by

making a "gift" of the RV to ensure himself a 3rd term at the expense of the People just to get out of this thing.

It's a double-edged sword for everyone involved.

***///

You'd be surprised how many here still think maliki is a good guy.

Maybe seeing this helped them realize otherwise.

And some are just RV-weary and / or greedy and could care less if maliki screws-over the People of Iraq by

making a "gift" of the RV to ensure himself a 3rd term at the expense of the People just to get out of this thing.

It's a double-edged sword for everyone involved.

I do not think most believe Maliki is a good guy, but what I do believe there is some truth to an old adage, "Better the devil you know than the one you don't".  Hopefully these elections will happen and the people will have the leader they choose.  But more importantly, let it be someone who does have the vision of a democratic Iraq and the skills to set a  progressive agenda in motion, with the peoples of Iraq best interest.  There are too many wolves sniffing at the door to get in, who could be far more detrimental than Maliki.

I do not think most believe Maliki is a good guy, but what I do believe there is some truth to an old adage, "Better the devil you know than the one you don't".  Hopefully these elections will happen and the people will have the leader they choose.  But more importantly, let it be someone who does have the vision of a democratic Iraq and the skills to set a  progressive agenda in motion, with the peoples of Iraq best interest.  There are too many wolves sniffing at the door to get in, who could be far more detrimental than Maliki.

***///

Too bad we're already out of PLUS+1 ammo, ZIG --- yours here is a swell post ! :twothumbs: