Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Science of Healing

Just want to share some information on an area of science that has made some significant steps towards health in the last few years called Redox Biology. The Medical College of Wisconson (the words in parenthesis are mine for explanation) says "Redox processes are essential to respiration and the generation of cellular ATP (the chemical power that cells use). Overt cellular damage can result from the overexposure of cells to environmental oxidants or the overproduction of similar oxidants by the cell itself (often termed "oxidative stress"). However, it has become clear that redox reactions in cells, and the control of redox homeostasis, modulate a plethora of cellular signaling events through protein post-translational modifications. The control of apoptosis (Cellular suicide if too damaged), proliferation, and migration of cells has been shown to be modulated at multiple levels by redox processes..."

If your interested in finding out more about Redox Biology and cellular health, a good beginning book is "The Science of Healing Revealed: New Insights into Redox Signaling" by Ph.D. Gary L. Samuelson. It is a 58 page book outlining this emerging cutting-edge science related to the role that redox signaling plays in the healing process. It Explains how the healing processes take place at the cellular level and the parts that specific organelles and chemical compounds - especially the body's own antioxidants - play. Photographs and illustrations are included. You can find this by Googling the name - or user your favorite search engine. HOWEVER - DON'T buy it from Amazon. They want $66.00 - which is ludicrous! You can get it from other sites for less than $5.00.

I've read it a couple of times, and if you can remember some of your high school biology, it builds on that and does a good job of explaining a complex process in fairly common terms.

Disclaimer: One of the sites you will find during your search is a company I am affiliated with. I do NOT receive any commission or monetary remuneration for any sales of this book.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank for that, TankDude. I have studied a similar idea over the decades from BioMedx. They have a short booklet called "Why we Rust" (I think). Also, Dr. Beddode wrote a book called "Biological Ionization". Good stuff. Others to consider are: Dr. Revici, Cary Reams, etc. There is a lot of info for those inquiring minds. I only wish more doctors would learn this as it explains a lot of the problems I see in hospital here. Keep up the good work. Cheers

Thanks Doc.  I met the auther of this book - very down to earth man, yet extremely intelligent. He was working with nano technology for cancer treatment before he was introduced to Redox Biology. Made me a believer in the science behind the statement "All heath problems can be linked to damaged cells”.

and don't forget, "We all die from respiratory failure..." (No matter the purported cause of death-you stop breathing is the final verdict!)

Also, this implies the failure of the mitochondria to produce ATP from the coupling of O2 with a fuel source. This is the cause of cancer (not some virus or other substance) as proven by Dr. Warburg. Cheers 

• Upvote 1

and don't forget, "We all die from respiratory failure..." (No matter the purported cause of death-you stop breathing is the final verdict!)

Also, this implies the failure of the mitochondria to produce ATP from the coupling of O2 with a fuel source. This is the cause of cancer (not some virus or other substance) as proven by Dr. Warburg. Cheers 

Exactly - cellular oxidative stress has been linked to over 70 different medical conditions.  I did find something interesting directly related to cancer...

http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/19333869/reload=0;jsessionid=mSY0iJ3c3UqCHHx1OSQC.2

In this review, recent findings that relate oxidative stress to cancer-associated conditions, such as chronic inflammation, steroid hormone signaling and altered chromosome segregation, are highlighted, and how these studies may identify new targets for the development of drugs and strategies for cancer prevention and cure is discussed.

One of the many reasons I'm working on my diet and taking my redox supplement. 

• Upvote 1

Do you test your "redox" levels from time-to-time? The BioMedx site has a testing device for it. Very easy, just urine and saliva.

A good read about cellular biology is: "Cells, Gels and the Engines of Life" which explains TRUE cellular chemistry (There are NO Na/K pumps!!) and any book by Dr. Gilbert Ling. Also, Dr. Peskins book, "The Hidden Cure to Cancer" explains the findings of Otto Warburg and how cellular respiration or lack of) is the ultimate cause for this disease. 

Yes, almost all diseases we see today are the results of some form of inflammation and its associated break-down of normal cellular function. Stop this cycle of inflammation and you can see wonderful benefits. Cheers

• Upvote 1

Do you test your "redox" levels from time-to-time? The BioMedx site has a testing device for it. Very easy, just urine and saliva.

Hmmm...went and looked. Ph levels as an inidicator or "redox" levels.  Interesting idea. I may have to bounce that off of some science council members I know.  Personally, I think I will look at doing that from time to time. Thanks for the BioMedx site.

OK, I am not talking about PH levels. Since pH of urine and saliva is non-compensated, I find it of limited use by itself. I use an ORP meter and a conductivity meter. When comparing values, we can even discern hormonal imbalances with "hard" numbers. Urotension meter gives me cell membrane status (sterols to fatty acid ratios), so I get a pretty good idea of a patients overall health testing 3 things of the urine and saliva. I then compare that data with physical findings (BP, BR, Breath hold). The whole process takes 10 mins to complete and the info is pretty detailed. Again, I wish more docs knew about this. There is a ton of data on looking at fluid dynamics, ORP (or REDOX biology), cell membrane integrity, and simple physical findings to give us a HUGE amount of accurate info and we haven't even touched the blood yet.

Cheers