Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

umbertino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOBXERUd90Y

Genesis's third album was a far cry from the delicate folk-rock tapestries and chiming 12-string guitars of its predecessor, TRESPASS. The infusion of a semi-classical structural sensibility had become more prevalent. Fragile ballads are at a minimum, replaced by driving classical-rock epics full of heavy guitar, bass lines, and sweeping Mellotron. The sound occasionally recalls the refined but uncompromising instrumental attack of the Nice (particularly in Tony Banks's Keith Emerson-ish blasts of organ bravura). The interlocking guitar arpeggios and folkie moments central to TRESPASS are still present, however, providing contrast to NURSERY CRYME's bolder moments. The group's ambitious compositional style and Gabriel's eccentric lyrics are at their height on "The Fountain of Salamacis," "The Musical Box," and the instrumentally sophisticated "The Return of the Giant Hogweed," making NURSERY CRYME the first Genesis album to truly define their mature style. Out of print in the U.S. ! Standard CD pressing of the 1971 album from the British Prog Rock band. Nursery Cryme was the band's third album but first to really show the true (multi) personality of the band. Seven tracks. Composers: Steve Hackett; Tony Banks; Phil Collins; Mike Rutherford. Genesis (U.K. Band): Mike Rutherford (bass instrument); Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Steve Hackett, Tony Banks. Personnel: Mike Rutherford (vocals, guitar, 12-string guitar); Tony Banks (vocals, 12-string guitar, piano, electric piano, organ, Mellotron, keyboards); Peter Gabriel (vocals, flute, bass drum, tambourine, percussion); Phil Collins (vocals, drums, percussion); Steve Hackett (guitar, electric guitar, 12-string guitar). Audio Mixer: Nick Davis. Audio Remasterers: Chris Blair; Geoff Callingham; Nick Davis ; Tony Cousins. Recording information: Trident Studios, London, England. Arrangers: Steve Hackett; Tony Banks; Phil Collins; Mike Rutherford ; Genesis. Mojo (Publisher) (3/01, p. 82) - "... Enter Phil Collins and Steve Hackett for a set that eclipsed its predecessor [1970's TRESPASS] in technical ability.10-minute opener 'The Musical Box' benefiting from jazz-influenced playing... ".

In the air tonight is a great one, I'm not familiar with much on this album. I have to ask you Umber, have you ever listen to John Lee Hooker, if so do you like and if you do what do you think his best album was? I had heard what i thought was a live album once but every where I search I cannot find it, it may not have been live perhaps the best of? Thanks again for the music, man sometimes you just nail me, it's amazing how you can forget what good music can do for you, You deserve major props for your vast knowledge of music, you should have your own radio station .

In the air tonight is a great one, I'm not familiar with much on this album. I have to ask you Umber, have you ever listen to John Lee Hooker, if so do you like and if you do what do you think his best album was? I had heard what i thought was a live album once but every where I search I cannot find it, it may not have been live perhaps the best of? Thanks again for the music, man sometimes you just nail me, it's amazing how you can forget what good music can do for you, You deserve major props for your vast knowledge of music, you should have your own radio station .

I admit I happen to  know very  little about John Lee Hooker.. ... I know he is / was a talented BluesMan ( if I'm not mistaken).

Thanks for the kind words... They are much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

That's all good , he did some good stuff. Some was for the masses but there is some hidden gems, check him out if you like the blues Also Umber,have you ever listen to Gladys Night and the pips? My imagination" Your the best thing that happen to me" Midnight train to Goergia". ? She has the most incredible voice I have ever heard, and that was even on reel to reel,, Gladys rocks, need to check that out if your looking for something that could potentially move you.

Thanks once again for the memory lane Umbertino, perhaps one day I could return the good deed that you have done, time and time again.

i like trick of the tail

Awesome Album. The first one of them without Peter Gabriel.

That's all good , he did some good stuff. Some was for the masses but there is some hidden gems, check him out if you like the blues Also Umber,have you ever listen to Gladys Night and the pips? My imagination" Your the best thing that happen to me" Midnight train to Goergia". ? She has the most incredible voice I have ever heard, and that was even on reel to reel,, Gladys rocks, need to check that out if your looking for something that could potentially move you.

Thanks once again for the memory lane Umbertino, perhaps one day I could return the good deed that you have done, time and time again.

Yes.. I have heard some Gladys Knight & The Pips... Great voice indeed. Again thanks, my Friend.