Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What They’re Not Telling Us

krome2ez

What They’re Not Telling Us

About What Happened at Columbine

posted on December 25, 2012 by Gary DeMar

If you’ve been following news about the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School you’ve learned that so much of what has been written has been incorrect or not substantiated. For example, there’s no real evidence that Adam Lanza’s mother took him to a firing range or that she was a “prepper.” Lionel Shriver of The Guardian comments:

“Multiple stories have pegged [Nancy Lanza] as a ‘prepper’ – a survivalist gearing up for economic collapse by stocking weapons and tinned food. Yet this gonzo tag hails from a single, biased source, Nancy’s sister-in-law, and has since been contradicted by friends. An acquaintance said she seemed ‘high-strung’ – an opaque and prospectively neutral adjective that went viral, repeated to insinuate that the mother herself might have been unbalanced. And tut-tut: she never seemed eager to invite neighbours into her home.”

Today’s media are all about agenda journalism. There was a day when journalists worked long and hard to get to the facts straight no matter where the facts took them.

In the debate over gun control and protecting schools against the unknown lunatic who might believe he’s playing a role in a violent video game where death and blood are little more than so many pixels on a screen, the media are ill-equipped to deal with the truth. Consider this comment in the OpionLine section of USA Today (Dec. 24, 2012, 7A) that first appeared in National Review online:

“Columbine High School had a sheriff’s deputy on scene when the shooting broke out.

“That’s right, but it isn’t like the deputy was sitting around eating doughnuts during the Columbine massacre. He traded fire (that is, he drew fire) with Harris for an extended period of time, during which Harris’s gun jammed. The deputy and the backup he immediately called for exchanged fire with the shooters a second time and helped begin the evacuation of students, all before the SWAT teams and the rest of the cavalry arrived, and before Harris and Klebold killed themselves in the library.

“Harris and Klebold had an assault plan — a sloppy plan, but a plan nonetheless. They had dozens of IEDs, some of which detonated, others of which did not. And there were two of them. In this highly chaotic tactical environment, the deputy acted both bravely and prudently, and who knows how many lives he saved by engaging Harris.”

An armed guard does not guarantee that nothing will happen, but it does lessen the odds for those who wish to do harm regardless of the consequences to them.

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/8690/what-theyre-not-telling-us-about-what-happened-at-columbine/#ixzz2G6uI73Ox

• Upvote 4

exactly krome .. thats whats going on in my mind .. how many didnt get kiled because of the guard ...

the anti gun crowd insists that if they reduce the gun clips to 6 bullets it will limit the numbers .. it takes 5 seconds to change clips ...

without the guard .. who knows if 10 would of been killed .. 200?

when would it of stopped .. after the cops showed up ? ..

would of definatly been alot more deaths without the guards ..

the anti guns people think smaller clips would of limited the death toll .. but the fact is .. like the nra says .. the only thing thats going to stop a bad guy with a gun ... is a good guy with a gun ...

• Upvote 4

The first responder is always the most important... they can stop it in it's tracks, or at least lessen what damage the perpetrator intends to do. Those guys are the real hero's at Columbine! Now if it's a trained teacher with a gun or an officer... either way... it throws a wrench in the bad guys plans... period!!!

Thanks for the post Krome. tip_hat.gif

• Upvote 3

The first responder is always the most important... they can stop it in it's tracks, or at least lessen what damage the perpetrator intends to do. Those guys are the real hero's at Columbine! Now if it's a trained teacher with a gun or an officer... either way... it throws a wrench in the bad guys plans... period!!!

Thanks for the post Krome. tip_hat.gif

EXACTLY! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 1

Bet ya didn't hear this from the liberal media.

My daughter lives in the Pacific Northwest and she received either this article or another one like it in her email. I decided to go find it myself to see if it was there.

Yep.

Someone with a CC Permit or License who actually acted responsibly. Would he have been justified in shoot the bad guy? I'd bet he would. But he didn't shoot. Just his threat to the bad guy probably saved lives.

Nick Meli needs to be recognized as the hero that he is.

I doubt that he went to the mall looking to be a hero or to draw his weapon. I'm just dang glad he had it with him.

Citizen With Concealed Carry Permit May Have Saved Lives During Oregon Mall Shooting

December 16, 2012By Lonely ConservativeNick-Meli-300x233.png

The shooting last week at the mall in Clackamas, Oregon has been overshadowed by the tragedy that unfolded Friday morning at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. In Oregon two innocent human beings lost their lives, but perhaps the carnage would have been worse if not for Nick Meli, who has a concealed carry permit and was in the mall when the gunman opened fire. Meli pulled his weapon, but did not shoot the gunman because there were bystanders who could have been injured. The gunman saw Meli, an armed citizen, and rather than shoot more innocents he pointed his weapon at himself.

“He was working on his rifle,” said Meli. ”He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side.”

The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.

“As I was going down to pull, I saw someone in the back of the Charlotte move, and I knew if I fired and missed, I could hit them,” he said.

Meli took cover inside a nearby store. He never pulled the trigger. He stands by that decision.

“I’m not beating myself up cause I didn’t shoot him,” said Meli. “I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself.”

We don’t know how many lives Meli may have saved by pulling his weapon and making the shooter aware that he wasn’t the only person in the mall with a gun. But something tells me the left won’t be giving Meli any medals. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them demand he be prosecuted. But it’s quite possible that Meli saved lives that day.

We need more law abiding, level headed citizens like Meli walking among us, not fewer of them.

• Upvote 5