Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NYSE to be sold to IntercontinentalExchange.

Dinar_o'saurs

In other news........

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

NYSE Euronext, the operator of the venerable New York Stock Exchange, has agreed to be bought for $8.2 billion by an upstart that runs other international trading exchanges.

The NYSE lists shares of most of the nation's leading companies, and its trading floor is the very symbol of Wall Street.

In a deal announced Thursday, IntercontinentalExchange will pay $33.12 a share for NYSE Euronext, a premium of 38% over its closing price Wednesday.

Trading stocks has been overshadowed in recent years by the growing importance of derivatives and options. Atlanta-based ICE, which operates commodities and derivatives markets around the world, has a larger market value than NYSE Euronext, even though it is not as well known by the general public.

Shares of NYSE Euronext (NYX) shot up 21% in premarket trading Thursday, while shares of ICE (ICE) were up 1% in premarket trading Thursday.

The new combined company will have dual headquarters in New York and Atlanta.

ICE intends to spin off many of the European operations through a Euronext initial public offering, assuming that market conditions and European policy makers support such a move. But it will keep the NYSE Liffe market in London, which is a leading market for derivatives products.

ICE Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Sprecher will keep his roles in the new company, while NYSE Euronext chairman and CEO Duncan Niederauer will be president of the company.

Two-thirds of the purchase will be paid in stock and one third in cash. NYSE Euronext shareholders will hold 36% of the stock in the new combined company after it closes. The deal is subject to shareholder and regulatory approval, but was unanimously endorsed by the boards of both companies.

In April 2011 ICE joined with NASDAQ OMX Group (NDAQ) to make a joint $11 billion hostile bid for NYSE Euronext. But NYSE Euronext rebuffed the offer, preferring to merge with Deutsche Bourse, the German stock Exchange.

ICE and NASDAQ had to drop that effort when the potential deal was blocked by the U.S. Justice Department on anti-trust grounds. European regulators eventually blocked the deal with Deutsche Bourse as well, leaving NYSE Euronext still looking for a partner. bug.gif

• Upvote 2

This is only part of a much larger story. Many companies are positioning themselves for what is about to happen. ICE said that the timing is right for this merger... Lets think about this. ICE is merging with the NYSE to trade interest rates. The FED said they will not adjust interest rates till 2014. If the US goes over the cliff, the dollar will lose half it's value causing prices to double and inflation to set in. Let me say that again "inflation to set in" or should I say inflation to SKY ROCKET touching almost 30%.

I was looking for a way to warn people about this without sounding an alarm but you guys here at DV are used to looking at the Iraqi people and seeing how their government keeps them in the dark about any real changes to the dinar. Well take that same view, and use it right here. Large corporations are taking steps to prepare for the dollar to sink because they know we are going off the cliff. But no one will come out and actually say it, till it's too late.

Here is my plan, I am taking every dollar I have that I don't need for the next two months and converting it into other currencies. No I'm not pumping here. Look at it this way, if the dollar loses half it's value over night, the other currencies will show a gain from that. Example: If I traded $3.50 for 2 GBP today and the dollar lost half it's value next month. The pound would gain value to $3.50 per pound wait another month and the pound will gain to $5.50 per dollar from speculation and security away from the dollar. At that point I will buy the dollar back and from my $3.50 will now be $11.00 the dollar will stabilize back to the half rate and I would have made a profit.

• Upvote 1

INCREDIBLE! Never thought I would see this in my day.

IntercontinentalExchange to Acquire NYSE for $8.2 Billion

By Nina Mehta and Nandini Sukumar on December 20, 2012

• TweetBloomberg) -- IntercontinentalExchange Inc., the 12-year-old energy and commodity futures bourse, agreed to acquire NYSE Euronext (NYX) for cash and stock worth $8.2 billion, moving to take control of the world’s biggest equities market

Dec. 20 (Bloomberg) -- IntercontinentalExchange Inc., the 12-year-old energy and commodity futures bourse, agreed to acquire NYSE Euronext (NYX) for cash and stock worth $8.2 billion, moving to take control of the world’s biggest equities market.

IntercontinentalExchange, based in Atlanta, will pay $33.12 a share for the owner of the New York Stock Exchange, 38 percent above yesterday’s closing price, according to a statement today. Both boards approved the proposal and the companies expect to complete the transaction in the second half of 2013. Last year, the U.S. blocked a joint hostile bid by IntercontinentalExchange and Nasdaq OMX Group Inc. (NDAQ) for the New York-based company on concern the combination would dominate U.S. stock listings.

Read More:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-12-19/intercontinentalexchange-said-in-merger-talks-with-nyse-euronext#p1