Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN Noon Briefing mentioning Iraq and Kuwait

Alexyn1006

http://webtv.un.org/watch/daily-press-briefing:-pakistan-palestinians-in-syria-humanitarian-situation-in-syria-d.r.-congo-haiti-security-council-press-conferences/2043686876001/

At about minute 6.5 to 7, Martin Nesirky states that during the meeting this morning, Ban Ki Moon stated that he feels positive about the desire and forward moving workings of cooperation between Iraq and Kuwait. There was no mention of Ch 7.

I believe he implied there would be further meetings about this and Ban Ki Moon is to make his year end address tomorrow (I think they said at noon EST).

• Upvote 4

http://webtv.un.org/watch/daily-press-briefing:-pakistan-palestinians-in-syria-humanitarian-situation-in-syria-d.r.-congo-haiti-security-council-press-conferences/2043686876001/

At about minute 6.5 to 7, Martin Nesirky states that during the meeting this morning, Ban Ki Moon stated that he feels positive about the desire and forward moving workings of cooperation between Iraq and Kuwait. There was no mention of Ch 7.

I believe he implied there would be further meetings about this and Ban Ki Moon is to make his year end address tomorrow (I think they said at noon EST).

Meetings resume at 3pm eastern time. Information directly from phonecall to UN. Compliments of DeborahLayne. Security Council meetings are closed door today

• Upvote 2

Wow! Great job Alexyn! Thank you!

The UNSC will be meeting again today in about 23 minutes - again, behind closed doors. The woman at the UN said it was a 'formal meeting' Some of us had been expecting an announcement following the first meeting today, so I dug up a number for the horse's mouth and called.

Thank you again for posting this! Great news!

LOL, just saw that i_musician ;)

Edited by Deborah Layne
  • Upvote 5