Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NRA’s Facebook page disappears following Newtown, Conn., killings

dog53

Following the horrific elementary school shooting in Connecticut on Friday, the National Rifle Association has disappeared from Facebook.

As of Monday morning, the organization's Facebook presence has vanished. Its Twitter feed was last updated on the morning of Dec. 14, prior to the shooting. Additionally, the organization's official site at NRA.org has been silent on the mass shooting.

[Related: Funerals begin for Newton victims]

On the day before the shooting, the NRA thanked its supporters for helping the organization reach 1.7 million "likes" on Facebook. In the shooting's aftermath, the NRA's Facbook page became a destination for people to vent their frustrations with the gun lobby.

The Daily Dot reports that the NRA was inundated with negative comments on Friday and that the organization decided to "hide" its page. One person wrote, "More blood on NRA today." Another wrote, "20 people are dead and most are children. When will you start to say it's not the guns but the man?"

[Related: Pro-NRA senator calls for 'sensible' gun control dialogue]

TechCrunch argues that the NRA hiding its Facebook page may be the sensible response. The heated debate from pro- and anti-gun Americans "could have reflected poorly on the NRA, or forced it to prematurely make a statement about the shooting," TechCrunch wrote. People currently attempting to access the NRA's Facebook page are redirected to their own Facebook pages.

Thus far, the NRA has not released a statement regarding the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. After Rep. Gabby Giffords was shot in Arizona last year, the NRA did release a statement: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this senseless tragedy, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, and their families during this difficult time." The NRA released a similar statement following the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting this year: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families and the community. NRA will not have any further comment until all the facts are known."

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Dog +1

Discovery hit ‘American Guns’ canceled as Hollywood wrestles with links to gun violence

http://www.foxnews.c...h-links-to-gun/

One year smoke free!!!!! You should be proud, man I wish I could say that, congrats and keep it up, your not missing anything except the disappointment that comes with every death stick a smoker lights that he wished he didn't.

I've taught my kids that fire can burn, and guns can kill, IF there is no respect for them and they are used improperly, insanity such as what we have had lately is the result, It can be prevented and pointing the finger at guns is not the resolve. If guns were banned psychos would be making bombs with info they have gotten off the net. If your boiling water on your stove and it boils over and ruins your stove and floor and possibly scolds you, do you ban stoves? Respect and knowledge and attention would prevent that kettle from boiling over, it is no different with guns.We cannot blame the tool we can only blame the implementation of it. Guess what? cocaine is illegal and banned, but "Although I've never tried I'm sure I could get some even in a little town"such as ST. Francis. We had a car chase this summer in which the perps stole a car 20 so miles away and crashed in a wooded lot behind my home. One of the guys took refuse in my yard and than my home before he was arrested. To this day I kick myself in the butt for not owning a firearm, and as soon as I get a few bucks I will be buying one, THE RIGHT TO BARE ARMS! That was written for a reason folks.....Cudos again Bodeen, stay strong, I believe you have weathered the smokers storm, wish you the best...

• Upvote 1

Who made the NRA's facebbook page disappear? Was it the NRA or Facebook?

I checked out the link Bodeen provided and read Jamie Foxx's response and I have to give him credit for be open to looking at the influence hollywood may have. +1 to him for that.

I don't like when they/we lump in semi-auto guns with assault weapons. Hey, the clips that can expand how many shots a weapon can have is something to consider but I have to agree cautiously with government or gun control advocates because government has a problem with taking a mile when they're given an inch. Once the door is open they seem to have a problem with reason. We have our 2nd amendment that allows us to "keep" and "bear" arms, if they want to remove or dismantle the 2nd amendment then I suggest they move to another country that has gun control laws the way they prefer.

History has shown us what happens when people cannot protect themselves. Then look at Chicago and DC with strict gun control and they are high in crime.

I believe that when they say we need to have an open an honest discussion then they need to be open to discuss the spiritual neglect that has taken place in our country when we remove God from just about everything. Becoming God centered again will move us in the right direction.

Thanks for allowing me to have my little rant.

• Upvote 1