Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

146,000 Jobs Added In November, Beat Expectation Of 85,000, Unemployment Rate Lower At 7.7%

WallyWeaver

Wow, I wonder if I can get the same folks who put out these numbers to do my taxes......

Let's see, 540,000 people drop out of the workforce in November but we did add 146,000 new jobs for a net loss of 394,000. So yeah, the unemployment rate dropping to 7.7% makes perfect sense.

WW.

146,000 Jobs Added In November, Beat Expectation Of 85,000, Unemployment Rate Lower At 7.7%

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 12/07/2012 08:33 -0500

Looks like Sandy was not an issue at all in the November jobs report which beat in both the number of jobs added, at 146,000 on expectations of 85,000, while the unemployment rate declined to 7.7% from 7.9%, where it was expected to post as well. Watch this space next month for prio revisions: September and October saw 49K downward revisions combined. November will suffer the same fate.

20121207_NFP_0.jpg

and manufacturing jobs dropped more than expected...

20121207_NFP_manufacturing_0.jpg

Confused why the unemployment rate dropped? The same, favorite BLS adjustment - a drop in the labor force participation rate which declined by 0.2% to 63.6% once again, as the number of people out of the labor increased by over 540K to 88,883,000.

LAbor%20Force%20Participation_0.jpg

In terms of quality of jobs, the biggest gain was in retail jobs as expected in part of the Thanksgiving rush, which added +53K jobs, Professional and Business services rose by 43K, of which Administrative and Waste Services was +23K, and Hospitality and Leisure +23K: all los paying jobs. Construction jobs lost: 20K.

Link: http://www.zerohedge...t-rate-lower-77

• Upvote 2

Wow, I wonder if I can get the same folks who put out these numbers to do my taxes......

Let's see, 540,000 people drop out of the workforce in November but we did add 146,000 new jobs for a net loss of 394,000. So yeah, the unemployment rate dropping to 7.7% makes perfect sense.

WW.

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 12/07/2012 08:33 -0500

Looks like Sandy was not an issue at all in the November jobs report which beat in both the number of jobs added, at 146,000 on expectations of 85,000, while the unemployment rate declined to 7.7% from 7.9%, where it was expected to post as well. Watch this space next month for prio revisions: September and October saw 49K downward revisions combined. November will suffer the same fate.

20121207_NFP_0.jpg

and manufacturing jobs dropped more than expected...

20121207_NFP_manufacturing_0.jpg

Confused why the unemployment rate dropped? The same, favorite BLS adjustment - a drop in the labor force participation rate which declined by 0.2% to 63.6% once again, as the number of people out of the labor increased by over 540K to 88,883,000.

LAbor%20Force%20Participation_0.jpg

In terms of quality of jobs, the biggest gain was in retail jobs as expected in part of the Thanksgiving rush, which added +53K jobs, Professional and Business services rose by 43K, of which Administrative and Waste Services was +23K, and Hospitality and Leisure +23K: all los paying jobs. Construction jobs lost: 20K.

Link: http://www.zerohedge...t-rate-lower-77

I'm with you, Wally. This new math is a wonderful thing, isn't it ? We all feel so much better now . :blink:

• Upvote 2

I'm with you, Wally. This new math is a wonderful thing, isn't it ? We all feel so much better now . blink.gif

The most shameful thing of all is all we will hear about for the rest of the weekend is how Obama's plan is working, no need to worry. The MSM is pitiful....

WW.

• Upvote 2

Don't they cook the books by only counting people who haven't given up?

Yep. And they also are in the habit, although it is not widely reported at that time, of revising the unemployment numbers a few months after the fact to more closely reflect the real number. But, again, that doesn't usually get reported because it would not reflect well on the current Administration, in my opinion.

Since the real unemployed/ under-employed number is near 20% I don't expect any factual information to be reported on this anytime soon by the MSM.

Thank you for your comment.

WW.

these numbers where do they come from and what are the 146,000 jobs and where, i say this is bs---its holidayadd ons come jan 2013 most of thease jobs will be gone and what kind of jobs wear these.this always amazes me on the numbers they put out bu never give out what kind--where and how much----jmop

• Upvote 1

these numbers where do they come from and what are the 146,000 jobs and where, i say this is bs---its holidayadd ons come jan 2013 most of thease jobs will be gone and what kind of jobs wear these.this always amazes me on the numbers they put out bu never give out what kind--where and how much----jmop

That's another very good point, Hydrant, thank you.

So not only are we actually at a net loss of 394,000 jobs, many of the ones we just added are only seasonal so they will disappear, soon.

But don't mention any of that to anyone else..... we are in the midst of moving FORWARD, don't you know?

WW.

• Upvote 1

That's another very good point, Hydrant, thank you.

So not only are we actually at a net loss of 394,000 jobs, many of the ones we just added are only seasonal so they will disappear, soon.

But don't mention any of that to anyone else..... we are in the midst of moving FORWARD, don't you know?

WW.

Ditto... I don't think we will ever get accurate numbers. Moving FORWARD... I don't think so. If my icons would work you would see every puzzled face icon here. and an angry one, because I am so fed up with the the American people being deceived.

Thanks WW

• Upvote 1

Ditto... I don't think we will ever get accurate numbers. Moving FORWARD... I don't think so. If my icons would work you would see every puzzled face icon here. and an angry one, because I am so fed up with the the American people being deceived.

Thanks WW

Hey, look who's out and about..... hi there, Patty!

I have decided I'm going to get you a Christmas present: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/categorie-MSN+Emoticons.html

Just copy and paste any one of over a hundred, maybe a thousand, emoticons.

MSN-Emoticon-snowman-061.gif

Merry Christmas!

WW.

• Upvote 1

MSN-Emoticon-rose-029.gifA rose bud for you my friend. Thanks for the heads up on the smiley icons. I can really have a blast with these little guys.

My pleasure.

And again, Merry Christmas!

I'm crossing you off my list now.... Ho, ho, ho (I really just wanted an excuse to use another one)!

MSN-Emoticon-santa-112.gif

WW.