Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Elenor Rigby - Crusaders

detroitjazzman

Just listened again and I've got to say, I have never heard the piano or horns "SING" like that. smile.gif

Just for the heck of it I played this one too... What a Treat!

I was at that concert. I have been returning to the montreux Jazz Festival every year since my first time in 1972. I've missed a couple of years but a regular visitor and I always stay at the Swisse Hotel Majestic which I highly recommend. Joe Sample is a fantastic pianist,

You might want to check ou this one by a group of young men at tnhe time " Pieces of a Dream " The shadow of your smile :

I was at that concert. I have been returning to the montreux Jazz Festival every year since my first time in 1972. I've missed a couple of years but a regular visitor and I always stay at the Swisse Hotel Majestic which I highly recommend. Joe Sample is a fantastic pianist,

You might want to check ou this one by a group of young men at tnhe time " Pieces of a Dream " The shadow of your smile :

That tells me how much you like Jazz, my Friend... You fly to Switzerland ( from Detroit, I'd assume) every year to watch Montreux Festival.... Awesome.

That tells me how much you like Jazz, my Friend... You fly to Switzerland ( from Detroit, I'd assume) every year to watch Montreux Festival.... Awesome.

For 15 of those years I lived in Europe and made a lot of jazz loving friends. My wife and I go for about two weeks in the summer and renew friendships, listen to some good music and of course the ladies always find sometime during the day to do some shopping. If you have never been its worth the trip. Concerts are in the evening, but then there are the impromptu concerts that happen in the various clubs after the concerts. During the day Jazz happens in the various outdoor venues and then there is always Breakfast just around the lake in France.

For 15 of those years I lived in Europe and made a lot of jazz loving friends. My wife and I go for about two weeks in the summer and renew friendships, listen to some good music and of course the ladies always find sometime during the day to do some shopping. If you have never been its worth the trip. Concerts are in the evening, but then there are the impromptu concerts that happen in the various clubs after the concerts. During the day Jazz happens in the various outdoor venues and then there is always Breakfast just around the lake in France.

Fantastic.....Thanks for sharing, my Friend..... I wish I'd be able to do that at least once...Nowadays dough is really short but I'm hopeful for better times.

But.... at least I was able to watch Dizzy Gillespie play here in Italy in 1978 ( in the city of Bologna, my University town) and also got to see Ornette Coleman...

Years later ( in 1990) I got to meet ( bump into actually) Dizzy at the Linate Airport in Milan and we talked a little.... What a Man he was...Great musician known worldwide but very easy to talk to...I was impressed.

Here in my town ( Trento) I got to see a few concerts including Elvin Jones, Max Roach and his Band and a few others...

Never got to see Miles, unfortunately. He came here once in 1988 but I was abroad at the time and missed him for a mere couple of days... Too bad..

And.... Was lucky to see Sonny Rollins in 1980 in Bloomington, IN. that year I lived there.

Edited by umbertino

Fantastic.....Thanks for sharing, my Friend..... I wish I'd be able to do that at least once...Nowadays dough is really short but I'm hopeful for better times.

But.... at least I was able to watch Dizzy Gillespie play here in Italy in 1978 ( in the city of Bologna, my University town) and also got to see Ornette Coleman...

Years later ( in 1990) I got to meet ( bump into actually) Dizzy at the Linate Airport in Milan and we talked a little.... What a Man he was...Great musician known worldwide but very easy to talk to...I was impressed.

Here in my town ( Trento) I got to see a few concerts including Elvin Jones, Max Roach and his Band and a few others...

Never got to see Miles, unfortunately. He came here once in 1988 but I was abroad at the time and missed him for a mere couple of days... Too bad..

And.... Was lucky to see Sonny Rollins in 1980 in Bloomington, IN. that year I lived there.

Wow! if I lived in northern Italy I would never miss a concert. We use to pass through Trent on our way south from tyrol, on our was to san marino and then on to rimini! The sometime in thenearly spring we would always ski the glaciers in the swiss alps right around easter. you have a lovely country

Wow! if I lived in northern Italy I would never miss a concert. We use to pass through Trent on our way south from tyrol, on our was to san marino and then on to rimini! The sometime in thenearly spring we would always ski the glaciers in the swiss alps right around easter. you have a lovely country

Good to know you passed through my town, my Friend.....You seem to know a lot of places here ( Rimini, San Marino, etc.).. Maybe one day we'll get to meet.... I'd be honored to.

Good to know you passed through my town, my Friend.....You seem to know a lot of places here ( Rimini, San Marino, etc.).. Maybe one day we'll get to meet.... I'd be honored to.

I know we will be there next year. Picking up a car at the factory and will be driving to Montreux, perhaps we can meet then. We will be stying right in Montreux for about ten days

I'd really like that.... Hopefully it will be possible.

Festival is July 5-20 I don't know which day I will be arriving. trying to coordinate picking up my new car and getting to the festival for the performances I definately want to see. It will not be until the first of the year until they publish the lineup then I can finalize my plans. Ill keep in touch. Jazz

Festival is July 5-20 I don't know which day I will be arriving. trying to coordinate picking up my new car and getting to the festival for the performances I definately want to see. It will not be until the first of the year until they publish the lineup then I can finalize my plans. Ill keep in touch. Jazz

Thanks. Sounds great.