Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

News from Iraq (boots on grnd)

mauser

I do believe that if your friend asked around, he would find that the Sunni population and the Shia population will differ greatly with a timetable. I have asked many Iraqis personally and find that the answer fluctuates drastically in relation to religous sect and political beliefs. There are promises everywhere in this country. If you want good indicators of what is going on, watch the military and police forces. Get to know them or someone who does. Get that info. Iraq has to adjust their pay and ensure they will continue to work and perform during this entire transition. Just for a case in point on the opinions that can be offered on one subject, bring up health care in the USA. Good info but realize that its still opinion.

I do believe that if your friend asked around, he would find that the Sunni population and the Shia population will differ greatly with a timetable. I have asked many Iraqis personally and find that the answer fluctuates drastically in relation to religous sect and political beliefs. There are promises everywhere in this country. If you want good indicators of what is going on, watch the military and police forces. Get to know them or someone who does. Get that info. Iraq has to adjust their pay and ensure they will continue to work and perform during this entire transition. Just for a case in point on the opinions that can be offered on one subject, bring up health care in the USA. Good info but realize that its still opinion.

hyper - you are correct in that statement....

The locals where I am located do not want Maliki on office. They have no faith in him. They have stated that if Allawi is in office, he will actually help the people of Iraq.

BUT - The locals are also saying that if Maliki does not win, it's going to get nasty again. They don't want him in office and are just told me to stay safe but be prepared if he wins.

They are talking about the dinar, the new money and finally being able to afford what they want (food, shoes and cigarettes) - that's their hopes for Allawi.

Edited by Riley
typos

hyper - you are correct in that statement....

The locals where I am located do not want Maliki on office. They have no faith in him. They have stated that if Allawi is in office, he will actually help the people of Iraq.

BUT - The locals are also saying that if Maliki does not win, it's going to get nasty again. They don't want him in office and are just told me to stay safe but be prepared if he wins.

They are talking about the dinar, the new money and finally being able to afford what they want (food, shoes and cigarettes) - that's their hopes for Allawi.

that is good news, but if they want it, they are going to have to fight for it.......something sadly our country does not do much any more.

The only info is second hand... WP had stated the woman thought it would be very soon after (if) Alawi was elected... and longer if Maliki was elected. Everyone has brought up good points about seating all the members of their congress , getting together, no assassinations, etc. etc... I was just glad the info was either way it will happen... Hopefully sooner than later... I will try and talk to WP myself and get what was said from the horses mouth... It's 4am their time so will have to wait til tmr... I will get back with any additional info and to verify the rumor... as it were...

Call back to Iraq today and talked to WP... he said the woman only stated Iraqis were looking at very shortly after Allawi was elected or a longer haul if Maliki was elected... no specific date... Sorry.... I would hope it would be within a week of Allawi being sworn in.. JMO.. and the sooner the better....