Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

They Walk Among Us!

delta22

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail

I was at the checkout of a K-Mart. The clerk rang up $46.64 charge. I Gave her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46.64. I gave the money back to her and told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor.

She became indignant and informed me she was Educated and knew what she was doing, and returned the money again. I gave her the Money back ...same scenario! I departed the store with the $46.64.

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail

I walked into a Starbucks with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a Grande Latte. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that said "buy one-get one free." "They're already buy-one-get-one-free," she said, "so I guess they're both free". She handed me my free Lattes and I walked out the door.

They Walk Among Us!

One day I was walking down the beach with some Friends when one of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!" Someone looked Up at the sky and said, "Where?"

They Walk Among Us!

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real Estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the North?" When my brother explained that the sun rises in the East, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, "Oh I don't keep up with all that stuff."

They Walk Among Us!!

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific."

They Walk Among Us!

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

They Walk Among Us!

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.

They Walk Among Us!

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, has your plane arrived yet?"

They Walk Among Us!

While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man Ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces."

Yep, They Walk Among Us!

They Walk Among Us,

and they Reproduce,

and Worst of all

.....they Vote.

=

• Upvote 6

Oh yes, this is so funny because it is all so true. It happens every day.

I had a cashier goof up in a stupid way and I tried to tell her where she went wrong. She gave me twenty dollars too much in my change. Try as I might I could not get her to see what she had done wrong. In the day, when I was handling retail cash, I have had customers claim I didn't give enough back and we stopped the line for the manager to take a quick balance. That is one reason we always took the bills out and bundled them a hundred at a time, and kept them in another place not in the cash drawer so we could balance faster if need be. Anyway my cash balanced so the customer was wrong.

But with the cashier I was dealing with, it was the other way round. Her cash was going to be short at the end of the day and I told her so. Short? She had no idea what that term meant in relation to a cash register. I was suggested we do a quick balance of the till. Balance? Again she was brain dead about balancing a till. I tried to explain, with others lining up behind me already. She said she didn't understand and while we were trying to figure this out the assistant manager came by and asked what the problem was. I explained simply and she responded with .. "Oh, we don't balance the tills. We just put everything in a money bag at the end of the shift and the manager or the owner does the balancing after store closing." I almost fell over.

Well, I wasn't going to wait around and insist on balancing the till, I don't think anyone there knew how. So I went on my way

But I returned at closing time, explained to the manager why and that I would wait until the till was balanced so we could see how much was missing, and it would be the overage that I was given.

She didn't let me stay and threatened to call the police. ... as if I were going to steal something. I didn't need to steal their money, they were giving it away in too much change.

Well, I was in the same store a couple of weeks later, and my former "cashier: was stocking the bagged ice in the freezer, a job that isn't pleasant and is, in this store anyway, a step down from being a cashier, which carries a little more prestige. I found the manager and asked her about the shortage in the till that night. I knew it would be short, and by how much. She confirmed it and seemed surprised that I knew. At that point I asked if the owner was in, which he happened to be. I went to him and explained what had happened. He said he remembered the shortage and that was why the girl was no longer doing cash. I told him he had made the right choice there since she was obviously incompetant to handle the cash register. At that point I opened my wallet and removed a folded up twenty dollar bill, the one they had over paid me in my change, and gave it to him. He was amazed that a customer had that kind of honesty and I told him I was amazed he was hiring people who had that kind of stupid. I was not trying to be nasty but by then I was really disillusioned about hiring the youngsters that are looking for work these days.

I sometimes think I should have just kept my mouth shut and kept the money. Unfortunately something got in my way ... it is called a conscience.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 2

I sometimes think I should have just kept my mouth shut and kept the money. Unfortunately something got in my way ... it is called a conscience.

:)

smee2

Wow Smee... been there done that. unsure.gif You might have suffered from an acute need to assist someone and put them on the right path.. that's what teachers are for... to instruct, guide and lead people to "higher ground". Unfortunately so many of the younger generation has been numbed by way too much entertainment that they have forgotten how to learn. Thankfully there are a few that rise above and because of an insatiable desire to learn they press past the low standard set by the norm and seek more knowledgeable higher ground. Sadly, it is only a few though.

Thanks for the post Delta... indeed, it is like we are surrounded by zombies at times... understanding how they hold down a job is beyond my pay grade though!blink.gif

When I built my current house about 6 years ago I ordered some cinder block to be delivered as part of the foundation to be laid.

The block was delivered on site. However they did not notify me that the order wast over 100 blocks short due to a shortage on hand at the plant. My block mason showed up with a large crew and begin to lay the block and we realized the order was short.

I had to make a run up to the block plant with a large trailer and pickup the remaining block before the masons ran out of block and left the job, completely bringing building progress to a stop until he could reschedule to return likely weeks later.

At the block plant I informed the supervisor what happened and he loaded up the missing block for me with out question and sent me on my way.

After looking again at the original receipt once I dug it up a few weeks later, I realized that they did not charge me for the remaining block that I was shorted on the original order.

I returned to the plant and spoke to a gentleman and informed him I owed him several hundred dollars due to the error. He told me not to worry about it. Of course I realized he was just a paid employee and he really didn't have the authority to make that decision since it wasn't his money so I asked to speak with the plant owner or manager.

After being directed to him I explained the situation to him and he was completely perplexed at my honesty and diligence to pursue the matter. I had a check made out and ready to be put in his hand.

He decided due to my honesty to let the balance go and would not accept the money from me.

I had to ask myself what would I like done if I was the business person who was shorted the money by a lack of professionalism of my employees.

First by the foreman who neglected to inform the customer that there was a shortage on the order.

Second by the gentleman who loaded the balance of the order without due diligence in checking the proper paperwork and didn't charge me for what I should have been charged for.

And third by the employee I approached about the mistake and he told me not to worry about it.

I would want someone honest enough to inform me of a breakdown of good management in my plant, and someone honest enough to make sure I was paid for what employee mistakes shorted me.

People will quickly cover their mistakes so they don't look bad even if it costs someone else money.

• Upvote 2