Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Amb. Bolton: Obama’s Apologies for US ‘Incite’ Violence Abroad

delta22

I have to hand it to you trooper you certainly are one(trooper that is) you will go down with the ship, you do realise its sinking right? but I do respect your firm stance on your beliefs.......... hummm I wonder if thats how our President feels? something to think about.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

That no American solders have died because of any of the previous mishandling of religious books or false imprisonment of foreigners until this Obama administration still to this day the riots are sill in the streets in Afghanistan because they believe that since Obama apologized that they can continue acting the way they do.. Reaffirm their belief ..

There's no way you can understand what they're thinking. I teach a little culture interfacing, something like diversity training. Understanding other cultures, that may even live next door to you, is virtually impossible. Their deepest thoughts, what makes someone think the way they do, what triggers a thought, when does someone feel threatened/racially profiled... all very complicated. That's why this forum is so interesting.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

More proof:

Bush apologises over Koran shooting

BAGHDAD | Tue May 20, 2008 6:12pm BST

(Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush has apologised to Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and promised prosecution of a U.S. soldier accused of using a copy of the Koran for target practice, Iraq said on Tuesday.

Bush apologised in a telephone call on Monday with Maliki, who told him the incident had humiliated and angered Iraq's largely Muslim population, the cabinet said in a statement.

"The American president apologised on behalf of the United States ... promising to present the soldier to the courts," it said.

FREE GUIDES AND REPORTS FROM DIANOMIADVERTISEMENT

Fisher UK Report

9 investing mistakes to avoid in 2012

Download FREE Guide

A U.S. soldier was disciplined and sent home after a bullet-riddled copy of the Muslim holy book was found at a shooting range near Baghdad on May 11.

In Washington, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said Bush had raised the issue with Maliki "of one of our soldiers having used a Koran absolutely inappropriately" and expressed concern and regret over the incident.

Asked if it constituted an apology, she said: "I think you could take it that way."

Bush had noted that the soldier had been reprimanded and removed from Iraq, she said. She did not say whether Bush had promised the soldier would be prosecuted.

U.S. military commanders in Iraq held a ceremony to formally apologise and present a new Koran to tribal leaders in the area where the incident took place. The number two U.S. commander has also met Iraqi leaders to apologise.

The military has described the incident as "serious and deeply troubling" and stressed that U.S. soldiers respect Islam and the Koran.

There has been no violent backlash in Iraq, as has sometimes occurred elsewhere in the Muslim world after the Islamic faith is perceived to have been insulted, but the Iraqi government has called for the soldier to be severely punished.

Iraq's government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said Bush's apology was not enough.

"We need to try this soldier since he committed a grievous crime. This is what the Iraqi government wants. It is not satisfied with just an apology," he said.

The Iraqi cabinet said the U.S. military should also educate its soldiers to respect Islam and Muslim holy sites.

The incident has been deeply embarrassing for the U.S. military, which has been working hard to improve its image among Iraqis and forge alliances with tribal leaders to fight Sunni Islamist al Qaeda militants.

Source

This was an incident a premeditated act of destroying the Koran and no deaths.. The accident was burning the Koran and resulted in deaths of American solders.. again no comparison

There's no way you can understand what they're thinking. I teach a little culture interfacing, something like diversity training. Understanding other cultures, that may even live next door to you, is virtually impossible. Their deepest thoughts, what makes someone think the way they do, what triggers a thought, when does someone feel threatened/racially profiled... all very complicated. That's why this forum is so interesting.

But I do more than you know, I'm not to keen on using my personal life to further a disagreement to be on par or to get an advantage.. So with that being said i concede..

• Upvote 4

This was an incident a premeditated act of destroying the Koran and no deaths.. The accident was burning the Koran and resulted in deaths of American solders.. again no comparison

So you're sticking with an accident is not deserving of an apology? When is an apology given?

• Downvote 2

I have to hand it to you trooper you certainly are one(trooper that is) you will go down with the ship, you do realise its sinking right? but I do respect your firm stance on your beliefs.......... hummm I wonder if thats how our President feels? something to think about.

Like they say if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything...

• Upvote 4

But I do more than you know, I'm not to keen on using my personal life to further a disagreement to be on par or to get an advantage.. So with that being said i concede..

Troop - I wish I knew more but I'm often surprised. There is a real true difference in cultural thinking. Exciting!

An apology is an apology. No matter when or who does it. Obama apologized, George W. Bush apologized, Bill Clinton apologized, Ronald Reagan apologized. if we look at it the way some want to make us believe Both parties republican and democrat have does their darnedest.

now tell me, in which category will you put this apology??

Bush apologizes for Japanese trawler's sinking

February 13, 2001

Web posted at: 12:34 p.m. EST (1734 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. President George W. Bush apologized personally Tuesday for the accidental sinking by a U.S. nuclear submarine of a Japanese fishing ship carrying high school students, the White House said.

After days of regrets expressed by other top officials, Bush telephoned Japanese Prime Minister Yoshiro Mori, just as U.S. authorities pondered whether to end a four-day search for survivors of the fishing vessel Ehime Maru. The ship sank Friday after a collision with the submarine USS Greeneville off Honolulu, Hawaii. Nine of the 35 people aboard the trawler were unaccounted for Tuesday.

Bush, who led a moment of silence during a Monday visit to a U.S. military base for the nine still missing, apologized for the incident in the 10-minute call to Mori. Previously, Secretary of State Colin Powell, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and U.S. Ambassador Thomas Foley have extended condolences for the trawler's sinking.

"The president expressed his regrets and apologized for the accident and said the United States would do all it can to be of assistance to the Japanese government and the Japanese people," White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said.

Rescuers plucked 26 of the Ehime Maru's 35 passengers and crew from the ocean after the collision, which occurred as the Greeneville attempted an emergency surfacing maneuver. But the U.S. Coast Guard and Navy searchers have found no sign of the four 17-year-old fisheries students, two teachers and three crew members still missing.

Nine students from Japan's Uwajima Fisheries High School who survived the sinking returned to Japan on Tuesday after talking to U.S. investigators. Officials in Japan's Ehime Prefecture, where the school is located, told CNN that most of the trawler's 17 surviving crew members will soon be flying home as well.

Bush's call came as Japanese Foreign Minister Yohei Kono said there was "no excuse" for the accident and that he was not yet satisfied with the situation. But he added, "I consider the attitudes of the president, state secretary and defense secretary and the instructions being carried out under their guidance are sincere."

Search efforts continued overnight Monday, and rescuers found the last of the fishing vessel's 10 lifeboats earlier in the day -- but it was empty.

Navy officials have dispatched three deep-sea probes to Hawaii to search the area where the ship sank, about 10 miles (16 kilometers) off Honolulu. The Japanese have urged U.S. officials to salvage the Ehime Maru, which sank in about 1,800 feet (550 meters) of water.

About 30 tearful relatives of those still missing were taken to the scene of the accident aboard a U.S. Navy vessel Monday. The relatives returned four hours later and walked, single file and heads bowed, to a bus, witnesses said.

Surviving students return home

As the surviving students returned to Japan, their fellow students at the Uwajima school, about 670 kilometers (420 miles) southwest of Tokyo, prayed for their missing friends and instructors Tuesday.

It was the first day back in class since the accident, and Vice Principal Kazumitsu Joko told the students that he realized that even now, the events that had happened were "unbelievable" and extremely "painful."

Before heading home, the students told investigators they heard two loud noises before the Ehime Maru sank, National Transportation Safety Board member John Hammerschmidt said.

"At the time of the second loud noise, all the power in the vessel went off and the vessel began to take on water," Hammerschmidt said Monday.

He said students reported oil and water rising from the stairwell up to the middle deck of the 180-foot (55-meter) Ehime Maru, where most of the students were. Students reported they had proceeded to higher decks, he said, before making their way to life rafts.

"A couple of students indicated they were sucked down into the water by the force of the sinking vessel," he said.

The trawler's captain, Hisao Onishi, told investigators that he saw no sign of the Greeneville "until he felt that he hit something, something hit the vessel," Hammerschmidt added.

Trawler sank within minutes

The 360-foot (110-meter) Greeneville was practicing an emergency surfacing maneuver when it struck the vessel. The Ehime Maru sank within minutes.

The maneuver brings the sub to the surface with great force, and its crew is supposed to take several steps to make sure the area is clear before attempting the emergency ascent.

After listening with passive sonar for any ships overhead, the submarine is supposed to come up to periscope depth to survey the horizon for an eight- to 10-mile radius. The crew must plot the location, course and speed of any surface ships.

The submarine then dives to about 400 feet (125 meters), blows its ballast and quickly surfaces at an angle of about 25 degrees.

NTSB officials said the Greeneville made two periscope sweeps before attempting the move, but could not answer why the crew did not see the Japanese ship. Investigators could talk to the submarine's crew as early as Tuesday and plan to test the submarine's sonar arrays and periscope to make sure they were working properly at the time of the accident, Hammerschmidt said.

The latest collision also comes just five months after the U.S. Navy's top official expressed concern about at-sea accidents, and the Navy is also conducting its own investigation.

Adm. Vern Clark, citing six major ship collisions in the previous year, ordered a one-day "safety stand-down" so that the entire fleet could review navigation procedures last September.

Officials with the U.S. Pacific Fleet said 15 civilians and a military observer from another country were aboard the Greeneville at the time. The Navy has reassigned the Greeneville's captain, Cmdr. Scott Waddle, while the investigation is under way.

Edited by Weapon X

An apology is an apology. No matter when or who does it. Obama apologized, George W. Bush apologized, Bill Clinton apologized, Ronald Reagan apologized. if we look at it the way some want to make us believe Both parties republican and democrat have does their darnedest.

now tell me, in which category will you put this apology??

An apology is due cause their were Innocent life lost do to an accident.. Where is the apology for the solders who were gunned down that had nothing to do with the Koran being burned...

• Upvote 1

An apology is due cause their were Innocent life lost do to an accident.. Where is the apology for the solders who were gunned down that had nothing to do with the Koran being burned...

You can make up any excuse you want, but Obama was not the first to apologize neither will he be the last. And it does not denote weakness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My question to you who support the president is this, what did the apology accomplish? Have we received an apology from Karzai for the loss of lives an injuries as a result of this incident and last but not least, do you feel we are owed an apology as well?

Too amazing.... how do you feel when you get an apology? Does it make everything all better? A written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another.

Does an apology from Karzai bring back the lives lost? Accept the fact that Presidents apologies for mistakes made by it's military.

It appears you must support a president in order to support their decisions. Now that's undeveloped self control.

Troop - fyi, after several typo's soldiers.

You can make up any excuse you want, but Obama was not the first to apologize neither will he be the last. And it does not denote weakness.

You should have Mojack explain cultural interfacing to you..

Too amazing.... how do you feel when you get an apology? Does it make everything all better? A written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another.

Does an apology from Karzai bring back the lives lost? Accept the fact that Presidents apologies for mistakes made by it's military.

It appears you must support a president in order to support their decisions. Now that's undeveloped self control.

Soldiers.Soldiers, Soldiers, Got it thanks for the heads up... :lol:

Edited by trooper
  • Upvote 3

What??

Did an apology from Obama bring back the Koran's lost? Do you not think President Karzai should apologize for his crazed citizen's for the "mistake" of over reacting and killing people?

• Upvote 3

This whole thread reveals the rift inside America right now.

Those who produce more then they consume understand that we fight and battle with our adversary so that our children, and their children just may have it a little easier then we had it. Value Producers understand that total loss is always possible, and very likely. However, they fight on against all odds and would much rather suffer total loss, then to be defeated.

Those who usurp value, and claim as their right the hard fought gains of others are **** scared that if they loose what they have, they may never again be able to attain such unearned riches again. This is why surrender at any cost is their first and best option. Historically these folks use the employment of excuses and blame not as weapons of assault, but defensive mechanisms to mask their cowardice,...

Even as they run into the hole they just dug to be executed by those they anointed their “Just Master”.

Perhaps it is too late to be that Shining City on the Hill.

Many people believe that Barack Hussein Obama is the worst President that the United States has ever witnessed, and then there are those who think he is the Greatest President that the United States has ever elected. The truth is there for all to see. Like others before him, Obama is a flawed man, that brought into the office of President a flawed view of who we are as a nation. We can overcome and accept his flaws,.. What we can not overcome is the excuses and forgiveness of those flaws by sycophants that need to defend their flaws through their worship of a flawed man.

Edited by Moses
  • Upvote 4

No I don't have to support a president to supprt what they're saying. I just asked what did the apology accomplish? Do you believe Karzai owes an apology? That's all I asked of those that support Obama and come to his rescue. I as a christian agree with walking in humility. I believe the apology does more than any of us will really understand in the flesh. Mojack, don't put words in my mouth! Do you feel the apology accomplished anything? In the natural, it looks as though it didn't due to there being more violence, but that's in the natural. In the spirit realm, well that's another story. First off, God gives grace t othe humble so who knows what this will accomplish. My asking you was to see where you stand I I got my answer.

This whole thread reveals the rift inside America right now.

Those who produce more then they consume understand that we fight and battle with our adversary so that our children, and their children just may have it a little easier then we had it. Value Producers understand that total loss is always possible, and very likely. However, they fight on against all odds and would much rather suffer total loss, then to be defeated.

Those who usurp value, and claim as their right the hard fought gains of others are **** scared that if they loose what they have, they may never again be able to attain such unearned riches again. This is why surrender at any cost is their first and best option. Historically these folks use the employment of excuses and blame not as weapons of assault, but defensive mechanisms to mask their cowardice,...

Even as they run into the hole they just dug to be executed by those they anointed their “Just Master”.

Perhaps it is too late to be that Shining City on the Hill.

Many people believe that Barack Hussein Obama is the worst President that the United States has ever witnessed, and then there are those who think he is the Greatest President that the United States has ever elected. The truth is there for all to see. Like others before him, Obama is a flawed man, that brought into the office of President a flawed view of who we are as a nation. We can overcome and accept his flaws,.. What we can not overcome is the excuses and forgiveness of those flaws by sycophants that need to defend their flaws through their worship of a flawed man.

Moses, I'll be frank, you speak in a condescending manner. I assume you are in the first category, Value Producers. You place your adversaries in the second category, folks who support Dems because they think the Dems are giving them entitlements or something for nothing.

You have arrived to your points by your own opinions. Opinions are all we have contrary to fact or imprudence.

You believe the apology is a flaw among other decisions from the Obama administration. You believe value producers (capitalism) are the mechanism that makes this land great and everyone else is looking for handouts. It takes producers of all type to make capitalism work.

Value producers have become smaller in numbers over the past 10 years. Welfare on the rise... middle income families have entered in to the lower class range. The flaws from our leaders have disfranchised the American people by allowing financial corruptions and unprecedented spending. Banks can't loan, businesses can't grow. Bush did not leave us with huge favors. Obama underestimated America and had flaws like anyone... Even Superman needed a few tracks to stop the train. Not anointed to be a "Master"

The rift inside America is heightened because of the hurt. America is still the Shining City upon the Hill but it's being assaulted worldwide by opinions of the opposition. That's the embarrassing indefinite derivative.

What??

Did an apology from Obama bring back the Koran's lost? Do you not think President Karzai should apologize for his crazed citizen's for the "mistake" of over reacting and killing people?

I think that would be fair... DM I do what's right for me. It does not always result in reciprocation.

No I don't have to support a president to supprt what they're saying. I just asked what did the apology accomplish? Do you believe Karzai owes an apology? That's all I asked of those that support Obama and come to his rescue. I as a christian agree with walking in humility. I believe the apology does more than any of us will really understand in the flesh. Mojack, don't put words in my mouth! Do you feel the apology accomplished anything? In the natural, it looks as though it didn't due to there being more violence, but that's in the natural. In the spirit realm, well that's another story. First off, God gives grace t othe humble so who knows what this will accomplish. My asking you was to see where you stand I I got my answer.

Well I'm a little confused of who's saying what and when. Talk with you later...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Correction:

The rift inside America is heightened because of the hurt. America is still the Shining City upon the Hill but it's being assaulted in the eyes of the entire world by opinions of the opposition. That's the embarrassing indefinite derivative.

Edited by mojack
  • Upvote 1