Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fact Checking VEGAS

The 1st Video makes a lot of great points about the rate of fire and the heat factor after just 60-90 rounds through either a AR15 or AK-47....I have a couple with Full Floating Alloy Hand Guards similar to what he is running....One has Squid Grips Insert for the holes and they don't help much at all.....I would have thought he would have been wearing a leather glove in his right hand.

The second vid has a lot of cut a ways so you can't tell if she even ran the drum empty without a FTF issue......In Short they are pricy toys that really don't work much like the 100 round stick mags shown pictured in the Hotel room.  Stick to good old 30 Round USGI Mags or Bakelite 30 Round AK mags.

Also the Muzzle Break on the gals AR-15 you can see the Muzzle Blast and that would have lite up the night in Vegas........Rifles in the room had muzzle Breaks and not Flash Hiders.....

I think this is going to end up as another thing the American People, the Families of the victims or the Wounded never really know what happened......Then the Media is sorta Add Libbing as the days go on to sensationalize everything for rating........

Just my thoughts.

Karsten

• Upvote 4

I agree with the ad libbing - isn't that what main stream media does best? Just my opinion of course.

I put up the second video just so you could hear the similarity between what she was firing and the sound recorded from the shooting.  I don't think he had a true automatic weapon.  I've fired every full automatic weapon in the US Army inventory - and a few of the other NATO countries - and while it was a lousy recording of the incident, it just doesn't sound like a full auto to me.  What it does sound like is someone who was untrained in full auto firing....long uncontrolled bursts. 

True - the rifles in the rooms had muzzle breaks - but honestly if he was standing a couple of feet back from the window and had the lights on (not sure if he did or not) it would be pretty difficult to see the muzzle flash unless you were looking dead on - but the longer bursts would also make it easier. I know when I was trying to find a shooter in Iraq it was harder to see the muzzle flash than I expected. 

One of the news reports I saw said the Vegas shooter did have a glove on his left hand...so I think he was anticipating hot barrels.  I think the reason he had so many guns was to try and avoid the over heating barrels. Don't reload - just move to a different weapon.

I do wonder about the pictures I saw and the small amount of brass. My basic calculations would put him firing at least 1200 rounds - and that's a lot of brass.  True - it's getting kicked about 6-8  feet to the right and rear of the shooter - but if he is firing from the same 2 points - there should be a few hundred casings in a small area by each window - and the pics I saw didn't show near that much. 

• Upvote 3

I appreciate all the videos, posts, and comments.

For my understanding, why was the first video inverted such that left is right/right is left? The AWR on the hat was inverted, the 1776 on the shirt was inverted, and the weapons are left handed. There are possibly left handed versions of these weapons but I find it odd the video appears to be inverted.