Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Israel attacking Iran

gymrat76541

Folks seem to think that Israel attacking Iran will automatically involve the US.

I do not believe that, not for 1 minute. Iran has recently seen what happens to a nation who over steps their borders against their neighbor when oil interest is at stake.

I think Iran has alienated them selves very effectively in the last decade.

Every other Arab nation now sees them as an emerging threat.

They have NO effective allies who they can turn to for military help.

Russia and China do seem to be willing to deal with them and even veto in their favor in the UN, BUT, they will not go out on a limb for them; I.E. any type of military action.

Iran sees our in-action as weakness. They are able to laugh at the sanctions placed upon them because of the support of Russia and China.

Israel is NOT the United States of America so the actions taken by them can not be blamed on us.

Yes, we will come to their aid if needed, at any point, but I fail to see where that will be needed in a conflict against Israel. Israel has the stronger military in all facets of warfare.

If Iran will not listen to the international community or take heed of the sanctions placed upon them by the United Nations, and continues to develop nuclear weapons programs - I think we should secretly bless their intervention and publicly condemn any military action, after the fact of course. Politics as usual in the big sand box. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I read the situation very differently than you. Information is now emerging that Russia may have been instrumental in providing Iran with technical assistance that has allowed them to achieve a near-nuclear delivery capability. Couple that with Israel being put in a corner with respect to attacking Irans nuclear sites to take out an imminent threat, and you have a recipe for Middle East wide instability....and possible conflict. That could put an RV on-hold, as the CBI is very sensitive to not realigning the currency in times of instability, and surely, an Iran reacting militantly in the region cannot bode well for Iraq....lying between Iran and Israel.

You are suggesting an all out war, and your main concern is a delay on RV? First of all, most of the information we read about Iran is completely false. The people on this site should know better than to believe what they read in the main street press. I am Jewish, my daughter is going to Israel in January. I also have very close friends in Iran, and many Persian and Muslim friends here in the states. They are some of the nicest people I know, and have no similarity to the people described in the news. It is time for Americans to wake up and realize that our government is creating an enemy, like they have done so many times in the past.

• Upvote 3

You are suggesting an all out war, and your main concern is a delay on RV? First of all, most of the information we read about Iran is completely false. The people on this site should know better than to believe what they read in the main street press. I am Jewish, my daughter is going to Israel in January. I also have very close friends in Iran, and many Persian and Muslim friends here in the states. They are some of the nicest people I know, and have no similarity to the people described in the news. It is time for Americans to wake up and realize that our government is creating an enemy, like they have done so many times in the past.

Agreed!

NaturalHealth.....I cannot disagree that there are plenty of Iranians as well as others who Are the nicest people in the world. I know this as I have friends who are Muslim as well. But the position of the US Government has been officially like this since the day the US embassy in Tehran was taken by force.

Saddam Hussein was used by the US as a proxy to assault Iran. We built him to do so and he did a good job as the Iranians suffered over 1 Million casulties and has nevered recovered economicaly. We did this. Tehran will never be our friend....at least not the Theocracy that controls Iran today. We are at war with Tehran and it's been going on for well over 30 years and as long as the present government exists we will remain in contention with them.

It is too late for our government to "wake up". You have to consider the history of this relationship to only begin to understand our governments position as it is never as simple as simply waking up. The stakes are too high for to many countries including Israel and Saudi Arabia ......who btw are on the same side with regards to Iran....even though they would never admit it. Syria is hostile to Israel. Tehran supports Syria. Saudi's are afraid of Iran as they are Sunni. Tehran supports the Syrian government as the government is Shiite and the population is Sunni. Terhan decries the suppression of Shiites in Bahrain as the government is Sunni. Yet they help the Shiites in Syria maintain an iron fist on the Sunni populace. It goes on and on. Tehran is the major supporter of terrorism lest you think our government is lying and that government includes Reagan, GHWB 41, Clinton,GWB 43 and Obama. It is too late to simply make nice and be friends. I wish it were otherwise. But then they did start this action by the US when they took the embassy. It was incumbent on the US to respond and we have been after them ever since and until they break we always will be.

I hope and pray that the Iranian people will remove the Theocracy and become the country you......and I would like to see. However...to much water has crossed under the proverbial bridge and it will not be resolved easily.

The down side to an Israeli attack can be severe but there is a precedent for that action as the Israeli's did bomb Saddams nuclear facilitries and the Middle East did not have a response other than loud complaints. The majority of the Gulf States complained alright......... then said a prayer thanking them for stopping a madman from gaining nuclear production facilities. Saddam was bad enough but IMO nothing is worse than religious fanatics having nukes and if Tehran were to build them then watch for all Hell to break loose.......Sorry but we are in this boat and all we can do is row for our lives.

Don't forget this either. The Israelis's have been given permission from both the Saudi's and the Iraqi's to use their airspace to attack Iran.....It's in the archives right here in DV. That's got to tell you something in and of itself.

I say to the Israeli's ............Weapons Free.......Light'em up......but I hate to see the innocent be killed as much as you. God Forgive us all.

Saddam was bad enough but IMO nothing is worse than religious fanatics having nukes...

But it's alright for zionist Israel to have nukes?

I've seen several credible articles over the last 4-5 days saying Iran bought s many as 10 former Soviet nuclear warheads 15 years ago from the Ukraine on the black market. Ain't used them yet.

But I have a feeling Israel will be glass in they attack Iran.

Well flatdawg...........I don't view the Israeli government as a theocracy. The rabbi's don't control Israel but the mullahs do control Iran. You obviously have your feelings about them and that is fine. Actually I don't like it that they,(the Israeli's), do have them at all.....but I believe they do have them and that adds fuel to a fire. I also believe that they would use them if they were threatened with extinction..so no I do not like it they have them as it increases the variables beyond the ability to contain them. But I do understand why they have them. They won't take out those facilities with nukes however...simple conventional weapons would suffice.

Without our my emotions I have to clearly see the picture. Look at the situation as it is and then without prejudice figure out the problem.

You say that Israel would be glass if they attacked Iran. Maybe. Nothing is impossible. But you better hope that never happens because if that did occur Iran would be destroyed. The rest of the world would have to respond and that means total all out war against Iran. The Middle East would light up like a funeral pyre and it would burn very bright. You want that? I don't.

As far as drawing comparison's between the two countries military capabilities I would ask you to study that equasion carefully. I would also ask you to study the Iranian-Iraqi conflict. You'll need to come to your own conclusions as to the ability of each country to wage a war......It's not a football game. It's life and death.......

I do know this.....Iran suffred massive casualties at the hands of the Iraqi's. They have old equipment...ie tanks, aircraft, naval forces. Send a T-72 against an Abrahms main battle tank and you'll watch it burn....from miles away. Send sub-standard war birds against F-15's and you'll watch them fall. Send human waves against modern mechanized troops and you'll watch them stack up like cordwood. The Iranians have had in their possesion 24 F-14 TomCats since the fall of the Shau and have never been able to get them off the ground...Lack of technical ability....I even trained to go to Iran to train Iranian's on modern telecommunivations equipment..The standard time to train an American on this equipment was 1/8 of the time that it would take to train the Iranian. They had no concept of these technologies and were at quite a disadvantage..........This is no slur against the Iranians on my part....simply reality. Plus they will be up against trained combat expierienced troops.........The only recent combat for Iranians is crushing civilians upset with their own government..That won't do against a professional military that is well trained, supplied and very much expierienced with combat operations. Aircraft Carriers battle groups, electronic warfare capabilities. You name it we have it and the Iranian's don't. But with the exception of some of these weapons we made sure the Israeli's have them as well. Plus the Isareli's will fight for home and country.....The Iranian people just might up and take their own government out themselves. That translates into a lack of will. Not by a government but by the average Iranian. It isn't easy to fight for a government that kicks your teeth in...in the name of Allah of course.

Can the Iranians nuke Israel? Not with a military strike...........Their only way would be the same way they could strike The US.......from a suitcase or shipping container. I'd say the odds of it are slight. IMO. One more observation. When the Coalition attacked Iraq in the Gulf War.... Coalition forces went through the Iraqi's like crap through a goose. The Iranians couldn't beat Sadaam. The Iranians wouldn't stand a chance against a well oiled military. Plus if they nuked Israel they wouldn't be facing Israel alone. But this is IMO only..

Edited by automag