Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US Troops killed in Afghanistan

speculatorsRIDE

I sometimes wonder if it would be a better strategy to just do specific targeted wet Ops and get rid of the hierarchy of these extremists to weaken the resolve of the followers. :angry: :angry:

Hell I am not even sure what the main objective is in Afghanistan it is certainly not as clear as Iraq whether it was OIL,W.O.M.D or getting rid of a Space cadet of a dictator. What the hell does Afghanistan hold perhaps other than a stategic buffer location between a Western and Eastern Bloc land space. Let face it Missles have bridged that gap years ago.<_< <_<

We just keep losing our Kids over there and with the desensitisation of media, its like yesterdays wash water done and forgotten in a few days by the masses and only the ripped apart families to carry the cost.:angry: :angry:

Enlighten me if you can but do not tell me its worth the number of deaths we are suffering over there, because not one life is worth a piece of dirt.

Cheers Chilli B) B)

Edited by Chilliherb
  • Upvote 2

I sometimes wonder if it would be a better strategy to just do specific targeted wet Ops and get rid of the hierarchy of these extremists to weaken the resolve of the followers. angry.gifangry.gif

Hell I am not even sure what the main objective is in Afghanistan it is certainly not as clear as Iraq whether it was OIL,W.O.M.D or getting rid of a Space cadet of a dictator. What the hell does Afghanistan hold perhaps other than a stategic buffer location between a Western and Eastern Bloc land space. Let face it Missles have bridged that gap years ago.dry.gifdry.gif

We just keep losing our Kids over there and with the desensitisation of media, its like yesterdays wash water done and forgotten in a few days by the masses and only the ripped apart families to carry the cost.angry.gifangry.gif

Enlighten me if you can but do not tell me its worth the number of deaths we are suffering over there, because not one life is worth a piece of dirt.

Cheers Chilli cool.gifcool.gif

Unless it's OUR dirt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here is a link from Fox News on the loss of 31 of our special ops men and women. Our hearts are very heavy! I thought we were there to get Osama. He is gone to where he deserves, but I guess we are there to try to clean out the snake pits.

God bless our troups and their families! Give peace and help to the families and friends of those lost.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/06/afghan-president-31-americans-killed-in-helicopter-crash/?test=latestnews

Do you have a link please, my son is in afganastan and he flies in helo;s over there. They have been loosing a few birds over there latley.

Sorry no link, I also have a boy over there also so I am afraid I am very bias on this subject.

Cheers Chilli B) B)

Edited by Chilliherb
  • Upvote 1

I sometimes wonder if it would be a better strategy to just do specific targeted wet Ops and get rid of the hierarchy of these extremists to weaken the resolve of the followers. :angry: :angry:

Hell I am not even sure what the main objective is in Afghanistan it is certainly not as clear as Iraq whether it was OIL,W.O.M.D or getting rid of a Space cadet of a dictator. What the hell does Afghanistan hold perhaps other than a stategic buffer location between a Western and Eastern Bloc land space. Let face it Missles have bridged that gap years ago.dry.gifdry.gif

We just keep losing our Kids over there and with the desensitisation of media, its like yesterdays wash water done and forgotten in a few days by the masses and only the ripped apart families to carry the cost.:angry: :angry:

Cheers Chilli B) B)

While I was in Afghanistan last year, I read in the Stars & Stripes that approximately 3 trillion dollars worth of minerals and metal ores are verified by

the US Geological Survey teams deployed there. The fields are being assayed and developed at this time. China is next door. If we leave, guess what

China will do. We are developing a future industrial base for Afghanistan. That means we have a source for raw materials and will not be excluded from

it by another country. You know there has to be money and business connected in there somewhere. But politics can skewer the best laid plans.

NMGarand

• Upvote 1

17 were SEALS and five were SEAL support. Here's a message from COMNAVSPECWARCOM....Very sad day.

"NSW Force and Families,

Yesterday evening in Afghanistan, Facts are still being gathered and recovery

operations are still underway, but we believe 22 men associated with Naval

Special Warfare forces, including 17 SEALs, were among those killed when

their helicopter crashed during combat. Most of the NSW men were part of

NSW East, although 2 were NSW West. Again, we're awaiting confirmation of

this information, but I have a good degree of confidence in reporting, at

this point.

All the men aboard this helicopter were engaged on a combat mission, in a

tough environment, against a determined and capable enemy. This was a Joint

and Combined Team, with US Army, US Navy and Afghan Security elements. We

grieve for all of them, for their teammates, and for their families and

friends. We will recover our warriors, honor them properly, and move

forward in the continued defense of our Country.

NSW is working with USSOCOM and the US NAVY to ensure timely and accurate

information flow, understanding that our first priority and sensitivity is

to properly notify and support our Next of Kin. As the NSW Commander, I ask

you for your thoughts, prayers and support in the days ahead. This will be

deeply appreciated.

Very Respectfully and with Compassion,

Rear Admiral Sean Pybus"