Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Unknown warplanes trespass Kurdistan region’s airspace

PUKmedia 2011-07-14 16:55:40

Two unknown warplanes trespassed on Thursday the Kurdistan region’s airspace, a well-known source told PUKmedia.

They flew over some border areas and villages that belong to Choman district, Erbil province, but they refrained from attacks, the source added.

http://www.pukmedia....gion&Itemid=385

PUKmedia 2011-07-14 16:55:40

Two unknown warplanes trespassed on Thursday the Kurdistan region’s airspace, a well-known source told PUKmedia.

They flew over some border areas and villages that belong to Choman district, Erbil province, but they refrained from attacks, the source added.

http://www.pukmedia....gion&Itemid=385

I wonder if Iran is testing the area, it is possible that Iran may start something to see what kind of response they get from us since Iraq at this time doesn't have an Air Force. Simple question, how does our government forsee Iraq protecting themselves if we really pack up and leave by the end of the year? IMO we won't completely leave, have to train the Iraqi's with new weapons ect. I do understand we will have many troops and air power just sitting on the other side of Kuwait's boarder but, it takes time to get the planes in the air and fly to the area needed. I believe we need to work out something with Iraq and set up a few bases until they are "REALLY" able to protect their country on the land and in the air. This may take a few years IMO but, I don't want the loss lives of our troops to be for not. We need to finish what we started and make sure Iraq is ready to protect themselves. Sorry for having to much passion for some but, I'm a Viet Nam Vet and don't want anymore loss of US troop's to mean nothing. This will happen if Iraq doesn't succeed. JMO

God Bless Our Troop and God Bless America.

Stay grounded, calm and be happy

Go RV/RI B)

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Iran is testing the area, it is possible that Iran may start something to see what kind of response they get from us since Iraq at this time doesn't have an Air Force. Simple question, how does our government forsee Iraq protecting themselves if we really pack up and leave by the end of the year? IMO we won't completely leave, have to train the Iraqi's with new weapons ect. I do understand we will have many troops and air power just sitting on the other side of Kuwait's boarder but, it takes time to get the planes in the air and fly to the area needed. I believe we need to work out something with Iraq and set up a few bases until they are "REALLY" able to protect their country on the land and in the air. This may take a few years IMO but, I don't want the loss lives of our troops to be for not. We need to finish what we started and make sure Iraq is ready to protect themselves. Sorry for having to much passion for some but, I'm a Viet Nam Vet and don't want anymore loss of US troop's to mean nothing. This will happen if Iraq doesn't succeed. JMO

God Bless Our Troop and God Bless America.

Go RV/RI B)

i do not think we will ever be leaving iraq. we have to many american biznezzez there. it would be dumb planning if we did. i think we are there to stay.

deng do you guys read the news.....iraq bought f-16s from US

they are probably flown in unlabeled....to get them to iraq quicker(compared to ship)

There has been many articles that have come out saying they ordered, they haven't and now they want to order more. Really can't believe any until the aircraft have been delivered. Then they need to be trained on how to fly and repair the aircraft, avionics and basic maintenance. It takes a long time for a person to become fully trained pilot along with the ground support crews. Look how long it has taken to get the Iraqi police and troops trained. Heck, they haven't even given them half of the weapons they will need yet.

Go RV/RI B)