Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

today at the bank

dizzylamb

what is your opinions on this?

I went to my bank here in the UK and bought some more Dinars. She looked in the book and said said they sell and buy Dinars but when she looked on the computer it said that the Dinars couldn't be taken out of the country..she was confused by it but we were able to buy and she said they can buy them back, just couldn't take them abroad.

Any comments as to what this meant?

Well, on the face, it would appear the taxation department will have first crack at the cookie jar. Second, you cash in for a smaller amount while the treasury holds out for a larger rate. Third, less chance of you setting yourself up with offshore accounts and unreported funds. I dunno, but those are just a few guesses that come to mind on the eve of an anticipated RV.

I'd really like to see the regulation prohibiting the Dinar from taking a trip outside the UK. What if you wanted to visit Iraq and were just getting some cash for the trip?

It was Barclays bank....she was puzzled when she read the code which came up on the screen. She knew what the code meant but couldn't understand why she could sell it to us but we would not be able to travel with it. Maybe she read the code wrong....it was at the foreign currency till.

Very Strange as Barclays didnt or in the past didnt sale the iraq dinar at all.

I tried there myself & all i got was a blank stare when i asked.

If they sale dinar then there is no reason why you cant open a IQD account as Barclays have the Foreign currency account options.

Best bet is to open one place all dinars you have in to it then when RV happens you dont have to worry about cashing in, notes will be in there regarless of recall of large doms & so on.