Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Slow motion, any motivation?

Well met everyone!

This is my first question, so be gentle please. :) -- I have read alot, I just wanted to see how this place works and how much you guys can take probably something that is asked everyday (I hope not).

But one thing that perplexes me is not 'when' , 'how', 'how much' or any of that.

But, diregarding the difference in tribes, the headbutting in elections, and such.. those differences aside. -- Why is this process so drawn out? I mean the whole government decisions in general. It seems they are apathetic in their own future. Is this a gross misstatement?

I understand those who make the decisions are very likely already VERY well off, but even changes to rebuild will improve their quality of life and the extent and quality of what they have power over. Make sense?

If they are motivated by power , then attracting outsiders, and having their people raising in quality of living, with good power, cell service, bank accounts, computers, education, and on the list goes, then they would be more respected by their peers. I know I would respect Iraq more when the younger generation grows up and real change is present. But this can only happen if they stop dragging their legs and make some changes they KNOW they are going to make in regards to finances, to government cabinet/officials, to infrastructure, improving efficiency of tapping their fossil fuels, creating industrialization and jobs. Perhaps one day making their own nice brand of car, and have products "made in Iraq that mean something". The whole GDP concept and value of ones economy and country as a whole.

I understand getting the minster in is tough because each want their own guy in -- but they aren't idiots (I don't think). So they must deduce the logic that it is going to have to happen one way or another eventually, that it is nothing but childish , especially in their elevated positions, to act in such a manner.

Beyond that, they have tremendous wealth I can't even imagine the value of in obvious fossil layers. Again, the improvement of which improves their status, and on goes the domino effect of 'change, policy, and ultimate decisions'.

Perhaps I am missing out, and they are making huge decisions daily, but It seems like from my distant plot of land here in the US, that they are dragging their feet on anything they can.

We realize we destroyed alot of infrastucture, but I highly doubt this is the cause of those in political power to be a bit 'apathetic' and demotivated in their executive function of decision making.

Likely a complex answer, and if so.. I understand. There is a cliche for this.. something about a pot ;) -- But I won't be crude.

Hopefully I didn't offend anyone, and my 'noob' status is kept in regard.

Wish you all well,

/\/eo

• Upvote 3

Wow. That was a good post, and yes alot of (if not all) of what you said is absolutely correct. Most everyone here knows it to, but with all the smoke and mirrors that has been used we may have let things can get a little blurry. I like the way you stated your post, laid it all out there washed, dryed and ironed. And yes they (the Iraqis) do drag their feet. If the sincerity and determination had been there from the start we all would have cashed in long ago. Right now the Parlament is in recess instead tending to their duties. There are several on this site that are loosing faith and patience in there government, but for the time being it's their ball an bat so if you want to play, you play by their rules.

If no one has said so, welcome to the Iraq demolition derby and hang in there we'll all get through this together.

GO RV!!!! :)

• Upvote 1

Well met everyone!

This is my first question, so be gentle please. :) -- I have read alot, I just wanted to see how this place works and how much you guys can take probably something that is asked everyday (I hope not).

But one thing that perplexes me is not 'when' , 'how', 'how much' or any of that.

But, diregarding the difference in tribes, the headbutting in elections, and such.. those differences aside. -- Why is this process so drawn out? I mean the whole government decisions in general. It seems they are apathetic in their own future. Is this a gross misstatement?

I understand those who make the decisions are very likely already VERY well off, but even changes to rebuild will improve their quality of life and the extent and quality of what they have power over. Make sense?

If they are motivated by power , then attracting outsiders, and having their people raising in quality of living, with good power, cell service, bank accounts, computers, education, and on the list goes, then they would be more respected by their peers. I know I would respect Iraq more when the younger generation grows up and real change is present. But this can only happen if they stop dragging their legs and make some changes they KNOW they are going to make in regards to finances, to government cabinet/officials, to infrastructure, improving efficiency of tapping their fossil fuels, creating industrialization and jobs. Perhaps one day making their own nice brand of car, and have products "made in Iraq that mean something". The whole GDP concept and value of ones economy and country as a whole.

I understand getting the minster in is tough because each want their own guy in -- but they aren't idiots (I don't think). So they must deduce the logic that it is going to have to happen one way or another eventually, that it is nothing but childish , especially in their elevated positions, to act in such a manner.

Beyond that, they have tremendous wealth I can't even imagine the value of in obvious fossil layers. Again, the improvement of which improves their status, and on goes the domino effect of 'change, policy, and ultimate decisions'.

Perhaps I am missing out, and they are making huge decisions daily, but It seems like from my distant plot of land here in the US, that they are dragging their feet on anything they can.

We realize we destroyed alot of infrastucture, but I highly doubt this is the cause of those in political power to be a bit 'apathetic' and demotivated in their executive function of decision making.

Likely a complex answer, and if so.. I understand. There is a cliche for this.. something about a pot ;) -- But I won't be crude.

Hopefully I didn't offend anyone, and my 'noob' status is kept in regard.

Wish you all well,

/\/eo

Hi Neo - keep in mind that they have their culture, it's perfectly normal for them to do what they're doing. They don't give a hoot about what we want for their country, they only know what they want. That's why 9-11 happened...they don't want our freedoms or way of life.

Please don't think with the American mindset as far as what the Iraqi's should or shouldn't do. They'll progress in whatever way suits them, and in whatever way their opportunities give them. Nothing we say or do will change them. Recent history proves that!

I think that everyone who has the chance should visit a foreign country and see different cultures in order to get an appreciation of different ways of living. I spent 21 years in the US Navy, visiting more countries than I care to remember. The biggest impression I have is the vast difference in the way people around this world live. But the main thing is....it's perfectly normal for each group to live as they do.

BTW, welcome to DV. You'll laugh, cry, get angry and basically have a grand time here!